Halloween in the Front Range

This weekend my daughter is running in the XC State Championship in Colorado Springs on Saturday morning.

We are driving up there from Durango Friday evening, then watching her race. Our plan was to then just return to our little corner of paradise down here, but now we are considering checking out some schools. She’s a junior and we’d look at Colorado College, CU Boulder and maybe School of Mines. Probably look at CC after her race on saturday, then drive to Denver or Boulder Saturday afternoon/evening. Flexible plans.

This would put us in either Denver or Boulder on Saturday night 11/30.

Is there anything fun going on? Either family style (2 teenage girls) so maybe some kind of aerial artsy show or some early music or something? Weird haunted house sorta shit? I could possibly convince the wife to leave the kids at the hotel and go party, but that may/may not be her jam. (She’d rather punch herself in the throat than see the dead cover band at cervante’s).

Also: we’d love to hear any funky hotel or restaurant options. They like vegetarian food and I like beer.

Thanks all.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

They like vegetarian food and I like beer.

Fuck... I'm no help, but my condolences.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Beer is vegetarian food.

Haven't been in a while but there is a good Haunted House in Westminster.
    https://www.thefrightmarecompound.co...mare-compound/

There was this awesome middle eastern place up in the hills outside of Boulder. Sit on the floor type of place. Not sure if it is still there, or what it was called. Someone will know. Been too long since I was in the Front Range to be of any help. If you wanna get weird, I am sure Ned is still a good bet. Some things never change.

The mall crawl in Boulder would be highly entertaining sat night but I would rather pay CC tuition instead of CU

I live in Boulder but I don't have a life so am not much help. Sherpa's in downtown Boulder might be a good food option for the vegetarians? Fun place, just off Pearl Street.
    Last edited by Danno; 10-27-2021 at 09:48 AM.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

front range is alot of ground to cover.......

Frightmare in my hood was always a pretty good haunted house pre-vid, have not been back since. Some good brewery's near, 4 Noses, Rails End, Kokopelli's (good pizza) Wonderland (chill, hang out place, games pball, food, etc).

Need a hike? Eldorado St Park, Gross Reservoir, Golden Gate St Park, on and off 72hwy all good and not too high up in elevation for bad weather.

Ned is fun, Knotted Root has some good brews, decent food around and as mentioned, something will be going on Saturday night I bet.

Thats all I got.

Would def stay in Boulder as Sat night activity will be more interesting and likely a good indicator for you and her if CU is her jam.

Why not go on a midget nazi tour in Pueblo?
    Nothing says Halloween like midget nazis.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Go see Ween at Mission Ballroom

Edit: looks like they may have canceled the 29, and 30th shows

Quote Originally Posted by warthog View Post
    <snip> Ned is still a good bet. Some things never change.
    How long has it been since you've been to Ned? Weird is on the way out there, to make room for bougie.

NTTAWWT.

I'm sure there is nothing going on in a metro area with ~3 million people.

The correct "artsy" play is Meow Wolf, but you need weekend tickets well in advance.

Vegetarian restaurants....So Radish and Vital Root are both excellent and a stones throw from some great breweries (So Radish -> Denver Beer / New Image, Vital Root -> De Steeg / Call to Arms). You can offset the vegetarian dinner with breakfast at the Bacon Social House. Thank me later.

For our staycations, we like the Crawford or Teatro. Not overly funky, but not a bland experience either.

De Steeg is no longer De Steeg and sucks now -- got rid of all their cool big beers and makes boring beers.

In addition to Vital Root -- Hops N Pie has dope veggie topping options and a killer vegan sloppy joe.

Let me know if you need anything in the Springs. No idea on vegetarian restaurants but can recommend plenty others if you need it.

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    How long has it been since you've been to Ned? Weird is on the way out there, to make room for bougie.

NTTAWWT.
    Last time I was there I rode my bike from 9th st in Boulder up to Ned for some grub. 1.5 up, 20 down. Good times.
    Too bad, the weird was what kept me coming back.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    I live in Boulder but I don't have a life so am not much help. Sherpa's in downtown Boulder might be a good food option for the vegetarians? Fun place, just off Pearl Street.
    Will second the Sherpas recommendation. Good indian/Nepalese cuisine.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by cspringsposer View Post
    Let me know if you need anything in the Springs. No idea on vegetarian restaurants but can recommend plenty others if you need it.
    Rudy’s has cole slaw and potato salad.

boulder is about as white and vanilla bland as you can get
    I'd suggest staying in denver somewhere off of i70
    you can send the wife and kids over to do some shopping after dinner near the white bread stapleton area while you cruise the sapp brothers parking lot for drugs and sex
    there are a number of nice low priced hotels in the area too or you can just urban camp with everyone else

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post

NTTAWWT.
    Considering what I've seen trying to rent out a place up there it's still a healthy mix of people on the edge of society, no credit, no real job, old hippy chicks, and tech bros. Not much different from the 90's except you can't camp at Castle Rock anymore and we take better care of the MTB trails.

Quote Originally Posted by fastfred View Post
    there are a number of nice low priced hotels in the area too or you can just urban camp with everyone else
    Definitely some popular campsites off the Sand Creek trail

Quote Originally Posted by billyk View Post
    Rudy’s has cole slaw and potato salad.
    True, but I am pretty sure they cook the potato salad in bacon grease.

There is only 1 thing to do in the front range on Halloween:

http://exoticaball.com/
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague