Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    What kind of issues did you have w shipping. I always look fwd to being tempted by your sales and this is disheartening. But prob good for my wallet and poor decision making

I like the idea of having a versatile bike where you could convert from Pistol(a) to Gnarvana fairly easily, but I'm wondering if it's realistic to do very often? This seems kind of line running inserts on my skis with the intention of swapping bindings - is worthwhile every once in a while but not practical to do very often.

We have been doing a trip to UT/AZ the last few years in the Spring. Having more travel is great there. Back home, I could see running the shorter travel option for where I typically ride. Are people actually switching configurations very much?

Seth

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

The Pistola is amazing. Buy it.
    I bought one from smmokan. Sweet bike, great transaction, and well pacled and shipped.
    The SLX build is pretty awesome looking.

Would imagine jump lines would be fine on the bike, maybe with a taller stem and bars if necessary.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

Quote Originally Posted by mcski View Post
    What kind of issues did you have w shipping. I always look fwd to being tempted by your sales and this is disheartening. But prob good for my wallet and poor decision making
    No real issues lately, it just gets expensive... you’d basically have to add $200+ to the cost for packing and actual shipping costs. I’m happy to ship if a buyer doesn’t mind paying extra. It’s just a much easier transaction to sell in person.

Quote Originally Posted by sethschmautz View Post
    I like the idea of having a versatile bike where you could convert from Pistol(a) to Gnarvana fairly easily, but I'm wondering if it's realistic to do very often? This seems kind of line running inserts on my skis with the intention of swapping bindings - is worthwhile every once in a while but not practical to do very often.

We have been doing a trip to UT/AZ the last few years in the Spring. Having more travel is great there. Back home, I could see running the shorter travel option for where I typically ride. Are people actually switching configurations very much?

Seth

I think comparing gg's modular bike platform to having inserts in your skis is a good one. Heading on vacation to a bike park or a sweet zone with easy shuttling for a week. Swap the stays, shocks and fork travel and you're good to go. It's not an effortless process but if you are on a budget or only want to own one bike it is a good way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by sethschmautz View Post

Seth

Swapping setups potentially involves:
    *new chain and/or adjust b-tension on RD (different setups have different lengths)
    *swap shock (easy)
    *swap fork (easy)
    *align brake caliper(s)
    *potentially change wheels, depending on what you're doing (27.5-29 etc). Also the all carbon Trail Pistol uses a normal wheel dish, but the rest of the bikes are 3mm offset.
    *potentially change chainring (if going from 27.5-29 or vice versa)
    *adjust saddle height & angle (all bikes have different STA)

It's not something I'd want to do more than like once a month. I'd guess it'd take about an hour, depending how good you are adjusting the derailleur. The other thing to remember is that if you're going from one extreme CS length to another (like, 450mm Gnarvana to 423mm Shred Dogg), you're going to want to set your brake and derailleur cable lengths in long mode, and just slide the excess forward in the short mode.

Bump... just lowered the price on the GGs. Looking to sell everything pretty quickly if possible, so if you're interested shoot me a PM and let's talk!

Guerrilla Gravity Smash, Large (Size 3) Custom SLX Build: SOLD SOLD SOLD
    Last edited by smmokan; 11-27-2021 at 09:00 PM.

All three 29er options are really good, but The Smash is my favorite. The rear shock eye-to-eye is the same for the Smash and Gnarvana, so all you need is the stays (and potentially a fork travel adjustment) to make it a shorter travel Gnarvana.

Somebody needs to buy that thing.
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

If one was to have an impending move to Colorado, not me per-say, but let’s say some lucky Californian who has been granted the ability to work remotely and has already purchased their Epic pass and found an affordable little place by U of D for $975k - what bike would more effectively scream “NATIVE”, the GG or the Revel? I keep going back and forth. I like that the GG is fabricated within a 20 mile radius of Red Rocks, but the laid back vibe of the Roaring Fork Valley and Revel cannot be denied.

What say the collective? (Again, asking for a friend.)

I think the GG tells the world that you moved to Denver 14-24 months ago from the Midwest and have an appreciation for mediocre, late stage “punk”.
    A Revel will tell the world that you have lived in CO pre-Obama and are intrigued by this ragtag group of bike industry vets, and will make up for not owning a gen 1-3 Yeti 575.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by joetron View Post
    I think the GG tells the world that you moved to Denver 14-24 months ago from the Midwest and have an appreciation for mediocre, late stage “punk”.
    A Revel will tell the world that you have lived in CO pre-Obama and are intrigued by this ragtag group of bike industry vets, and will make up for not owning a gen 1-3 Yeti 575.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Spot on.