Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 24 25 26 27 28 29

Thread: Whistler 21/22

That's interesting. Here's a story that talks about the reason for the PC permit revocation:
    https://www.parkrecord.com/news/park...-lift-upgrade/

I’m all for new lifts, especially from the valley, but what a gong show Garbo will be

Quote Originally Posted by Clownshoe View Post
    I’m all for new lifts, especially from the valley, but what a gong show Garbo will be
    Yeah, the Olympic chair might be getting a whole lot more business.

Quote Originally Posted by Clownshoe View Post
    Read a funny comment that the whole reason is so the village webcam lineups look less awful in the winter as it will funnel everyone to Garbo haha. Huge win for the bike park though, but it means another summer of insane lines next year as people will have to use the village gondola and Creekside, yikes unless they make village gondola bike primary and force sightseers/hikers to Blackcomb. Also wonder what the plan is for loading bikes, if they will do two trays of 4 bikes in a row then 8 people sitting or what. I assume there are 6/8 person park lifts in Europe but couldn't find any examples.

Long-term for winter this is just cramming more people on the same terrain. I think it's fine for faster skiers that know what they are doing, more laps of pow in shorter amount of time/terrain gets tracked out faster (Harmony as a 6-pack vs quad as an example) and that benefits me, but I think of my kids and learning to ski on the already over crowded groomers. Just means more years of learning at Seymour before jumping into the Whistler program I guess.

These were kind of unexpected upgrades after Park City council denied Vail's application to upgrade lifts there. These lifts were already bought and paid for and delivered to Park City

I sure hope they go ahead and do Garbo next year. It's really the only thing that makes sense.

22-23 thread started

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.

Quote Originally Posted by Maximus Farcisimus View Post
    22-23 thread started

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...Whistler-22-23
    Because rich has nothing to do with money.