Page 12 of 29 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Thread: Whistler 21/22

Quote Originally Posted by ahmedthesailor View Post
    Fuckyea 🤩

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using TGR Forums mobile app
    god created man. winchester and baseball bats made them equal - evel kenievel

Whistler 21/22

Bailed on whistler today. Put my skins on at home and smashed some inner city Pemberton pow!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1641679209.959835.jpg 
Views:	227 
Size:	202.3 KB 
ID:	400190
    Last edited by xyz; 01-09-2022 at 12:36 AM.

Lots of people touring on the musical bumps today. Pow was on point, but the flute-oboe basin got fairly shredded.

Sent from my CLT-L04 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by xyz View Post
    Bailed on whistler today. Put my skins on at home and smashed some inner city Pemberton pow!

Name:	Image1641679209.959835.jpg 
Views:	227 
Size:	202.3 KB 
ID:	400190
    Looks pretty good! Is this just to the east of One Mile Lake?

if anyone finds a lonely black diamond adjustable pole, blue and grey, at the bottom of west bowl I would appreciate getting it back....also in a related note, watch for avy debris lurking in the bowls. I'm sure the one footed 50m of ski ballet to tumble was amusing to watch for someone! haha

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    Looks pretty good! Is this just to the east of One Mile Lake?

Didn’t go up today but the trees between Seppo’s and Old Crow were pretty solid yesterday.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Clownshoe View Post
    Major staffing issues on whis today. Go to bcomb
    COVID hitting you guys or lack of people wanting to work for what Vail is paying?

Ski Wash

Dosing & dousing

https://youtu.be/gztOP0tmH_U

Quote Originally Posted by gramboh View Post
    COVID hitting you guys or lack of people wanting to work for what Vail is paying?
    Whistler (the town) has always relied heavily on a working visa program which is currently all f---ed up. Plus a general lack of housing. Plus if anyone in your [shared] household gets sick then everyone has to self isolate.
    If you have a problem & think that someone else is going to solve it for you then you have two problems.

So how bad did it rain? How are conditions?

Quote Originally Posted by wicked_sick View Post
    So how bad did it rain? How are conditions?
    Top of 7th today...

Name:	pgc21h4weib81.jpg 
Views:	158 
Size:	1.04 MB 
ID:	401057

Speaking of staying on groomed runs...anyone in Whistler have groomer skis they're interested in selling (or letting me borrow for two months)? With this lack of snow I think it'd be fun to have something for carving on the daily. Thinking 75-90mm waist, 185-195cm length, and BSL 315. I've found a few on Craigslist, just thought the Mags might also have some ideas.

Also, once the skiing/touring conditions get good, would love to make some turns with some local mags. Until the snow is good I know people might not be out that much.
    Last edited by fool; 01-17-2022 at 10:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by fool View Post
    Speaking of staying on groomed runs...anyone in Whistler have groomer skis they're interested in selling (or letting me borrow for two months)? With this lack of snow I think it'd be fun to have something for carving on the daily. Thinking 75-90mm waist, 185-195cm length, and BSL 315. I've found a few on Craigslist, just thought the Mags might also have some ideas.

Also, once the skiing/touring conditions get good, would love to make some turns with some local mags. Until the snow is good I know people might not be out that much.
    I've got Sharons old Volkl 5x with alpine bindings. 175 length carving skis. Bases are so thin they couldn't be ground anymore but will do. May go for a walk sometime later in the week. Down in the city right now though 0

I have some Volkl AX4 you can have. 118-83-106, 178cm, 20m turning radius, Marker comp 1400 bindings. My current boots are 296mm. I bought the Volkls used and don't remember if my boots were set up on the line. I'll be back in Whistler on Wednesday (Jan 19).
    If you have a problem & think that someone else is going to solve it for you then you have two problems.

. Check the re-store in nesters by the recycling depot, also in Function, again by the recycling they always have groomer skis and they are cheap.

Wayne Flann's blog seems to be down. I should've donated more $ I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by paulster2626 View Post
    Wayne Flann's blog seems to be down. I should've donated more $ I guess.
    working fine on my end with a new post today

Quote Originally Posted by LeeLau View Post
    I've got Sharons old Volkl 5x with alpine bindings. 175 length carving skis. Bases are so thin they couldn't be ground anymore but will do. May go for a walk sometime later in the week. Down in the city right now though 0
    Thanks, Lee. I’ll ping you my info and we can also talk about a walk this week.

Quote Originally Posted by Snow Dog View Post
    I have some Volkl AX4 you can have. 118-83-106, 178cm, 20m turning radius, Marker comp 1400 bindings. My current boots are 296mm. I bought the Volkls used and don't remember if my boots were set up on the line. I'll be back in Whistler on Wednesday (Jan 19).
    Thanks, SD - that’s very kind. I’ll ping you my # and we can see how we can link up. I’m in Creekside but can bus to wherever.

Quote Originally Posted by eldereldo View Post
    . Check the re-store in nesters by the recycling depot, also in Function, again by the recycling they always have groomer skis and they are cheap.
    Ah, good call. I haven’t been down there yet but good to know. Also been wanting to check out the brewery. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by t.odd View Post
    working fine on my end with a new post today
    SSL error for me on work computer (chrome + edge), and iPhone (chrome).

Looks like http works (need to remove the s) - so http://www.wayneflannavalancheblog.com/

Realized I can't live without this site every morning in the winter. Will donate more money now!

Washingtonian headed north this weekend and staying in the village. Any recs on food under current restrictions? I'm assuming restaurants will be a no go. Easy takeaway options? Byofood?

Quote Originally Posted by eSock View Post
    Washingtonian headed north this weekend and staying in the village. Any recs on food under current restrictions? I'm assuming restaurants will be a no go. Easy takeaway options? Byofood?
    Restaurants are only a no-go if you want them to be a no-go or there's more than 6 of you - some have been closed due to staffing issues, but overall they're doing everything they can to stay open, especially on weekends. That said my fave for easy takeaway is burgers from Splitz.

Quote Originally Posted by eSock View Post
    Restaurants are open. Proof of full vaccination is required. You can use your ArriveCAN app. Groups are limited to 6 people. Nightclubs and pubs are closed. You need to make reservations to eat at the on mountain eateries and need to show proof of vaccination too.

Quote Originally Posted by Snow Dog View Post
    Restaurants are open. Proof of full vaccination is required. You can use your ArriveCAN app. Groups are limited to 6 people. Nightclubs and pubs are closed. You need to make reservations to eat at the on mountain eateries and need to show proof of vaccination too.
    I dont think anywhere is actually closed on a weekend. Anywhere that can't serve food is, but most places now sell some kind of food. Ie garfs sells pizza, bills has a kitchen, moejoes is still open. Whether you want to eat it is a different story.

Be prepared to wait if you cant make a reservation. Most places will happily accomodate groups larger than 6 on multiple tables though you will likely get sat at different times in diff parts of the restaurant.
    For dine in. Mexican Corner is awesome but expensive. Any of the 4 sushi places are all time. For fine dining if you find a reservation Araxi and Il Camineto are phenomenal. Heard great things about Joe Forte's.
    For pubs. Beacon and Dubhlinn Gate are the favourites these day for us. For Apres, Handlebar and RMU are fun. Handlebar pizza is some of the best ive ever eaten anywhere.
    For easy to go. La Cantina, Splitz, Handlebar.

Anyone got any recommendations on guided touring outfit? Feeling like by next week the snowpack will hopefully have stabilised a little further