Page 23 of 29 FirstFirst ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ... LastLast

Thread: Whistler 21/22

Quote Originally Posted by paulster2626 View Post
    Vails statement says they don't want images shared until an investigation is complete. Given the amount of rampant speculation and rumours that people like to spread on the internet, I get it. x10 if people were involved.
    Come on, we're talking about photos of avalanche debris here. It's not like anyone is posting dead bodies.

not even sure that the images were Wayne's as much as other peoples images he posted to the blog, if they were his, then a bit harder to be too upset by the ask imo. I'm sure an inbounds avy fatality will result in a lawsuit and the whole of inbounds slides over the day and proceeding days will likely inform a potential lawsuit.

Quote Originally Posted by paulster2626 View Post
    Does it irritate anyone else when people call Blackcomb Glacier, Glacier Bowl? Or just me? That zone needs a new name.
    My bad, I see I mixed it up in my head, was cramming a lot of research into one post and slipped up. Fixed it now.

Quote Originally Posted by nortonwhis View Post
    The Sapphire one was definitely not "on the traverse into sapphire". edit: (I guess its on the traverse from Glacier to Sapphire, I read that as the spankys traverse into sapphire)
    I updated the summary comment for clarity - added that it was the traverse from Blackcomb Glacier into Sapphire.

Quote Originally Posted by t.odd View Post
    not even sure that the images were Wayne's as much as other peoples images he posted to the blog, if they were his, then a bit harder to be too upset by the ask imo. I'm sure an inbounds avy fatality will result in a lawsuit and the whole of inbounds slides over the day and proceeding days will likely inform a potential lawsuit.
    Exactly. Its been a tough year with now 4 fatalities on the hill.
    Alpine closed all day on both hills today due to "weather". I really hope this isn't going to be the new normal...

Edit: I see both sides of the story here. Its great to get info out to make people realize that yeah, alpine skiing is inherently dangerous and there are always risks. I doubt this would have caused half the stir if it wasnt the same day as an inbound avi fatality...

Quote Originally Posted by t.odd View Post
    The pictures were someone elses. As per normal he aggregated.

Potential lawsuits for this are a non-starter per a long line of cases from both resort/inbounds and backcountry skiing. BC has a long line of doctrine of voluntary assumption of risk in any sport (inbounds/resort skiing being one of them) that involves inherent risk. This extends to snow sports, biking, ziplines, watersports etc

Blackcomb Glacier report
    https://www.avalanche.ca/mountain-in...6-a6647b01af3c

Looks like patrol is keeping all of alpine closed today

Curious how things are skiing after the epic refresh? Headed up this weekend for one more go.
    In constant pursuit of the perfect slarve...

Sunday was, pretty not great...did a couple laps after skiing with our toddler on the lower mountain, didn't see a lot of value in doing more than a couple.

It rained to the top of the mountain and refroze at the end of the storm. Conditions are not great at the moment

If you're planning on just bashing resort laps maybe not, but i feel like the backcountry has been not terrible. Did DOA on saturday and apron was good. Decent reports coming in from the duffey too.
    Not sure what happened after last night with the north wind storm. hopefully some creamy pow on north aspects and not sandblasted crud.

Yeah fair enough. Alpine in the backcountry is still decent above 2200 metres or so

Whistler 21/22

Quote Originally Posted by Clownshoe View Post
    It rained to the top of the mountain and refroze at the end of the storm. Conditions are not great at the moment
    Ummm, what? Today was freakin sick. Banged off of bunch of peak chair laps and flute. Got barrelled on every run! Ripped the Saddle in no bottom fresh too!Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1649886857.581609.jpg 
Views:	115 
Size:	380.6 KB 
ID:	413024

There ya go! Glad I’m wrong! Sweet pic!

Quote Originally Posted by xyz View Post
    Ummm, what? Today was freakin sick. Banged off of bunch of peak chair laps and flute. Got barrelled on every run! Ripped the Saddle in no bottom fresh too!Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1649886857.581609.jpg 
Views:	115 
Size:	380.6 KB 
ID:	413024
    So that photo evidence is compelling. Wouldn’t ski until Friday, so I’m sure it will be skied out by then. Maybe a quick up and back for a day and then off to Alpy on Saturday for LBD? Decisions.
    In constant pursuit of the perfect slarve...

CowboyClick image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20220413_184803_164.jpeg 
Views:	93 
Size:	100.2 KB 
ID:	413054Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20220413_184147.jpeg 
Views:	95 
Size:	198.6 KB 
ID:	413055Name:  20220413_184041.jpeg
Views: 723
Size:  132.6 KB

nice!

That's can't be Cowboy, there isn't a skin track straight up the gut.

Quote Originally Posted by shirk View Post
    That's can't be Cowboy, there isn't a skin track straight up the gut.
    We did look at the Known Producer but wanted to let #southcoasttouring have the pleasure of putting a skintrack thru it.

Banana

Overlord

Fissile Like A Missile looked terrible..I've never seen it again as good as when you and James and I got itClick image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG-20220413-WA0043.jpeg 
Views:	92 
Size:	76.4 KB 
ID:	413159Name:  IMG_20220413_184803_124.jpeg
Views: 612
Size:  69.3 KB

Well that was a hell of long a weekend. Great snow, lots of stability and the intermittent light seemed to keep the jokers away. Not many shots cos when the weather clears for you, dont fuck around, but this was from yesterdays day out
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6025.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	1.10 MB 
ID:	413563  

Whistler 21/22

BYOP! Bring your own patroller kinda day today. I was first into ruby this morning and got taken out by a slab from above. Full path ride down the upper face. I called dispatch to get some patrollers in there to risk their lives for us. Snow is not bonding and super reactive. Be careful touring in the next day or two!

Otherwise mid mountain trees skiing really well. Hill was empty.

Quote Originally Posted by xyz View Post
    BYOP! Bring your own patroller kinda day today. I was first into ruby this morning and got taken out by a slab from above. Full path ride down the upper face. I called dispatch to get some patrollers in there to risk their lives for us. Snow is not bonding and super reactive. Be careful touring in the next day or two!

Otherwise mid mountain trees skiing really well. Hill was empty.
    I was looking at whistlerpeak earlier today and noticed it said Blackcomb Glacier is now closed, so nice job getting in there and doing the hands-on research.

Um...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wbsnowstake.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	185.2 KB 
ID:	413660

Aw yeah. And 10 am opening means I can get to first chair even after dropping off the kiddo

Was wondering why there’s no one in line at 8am on a 37cm day. Have fun guys.

Yesterday was wild by closing. Today is going to be interesting to see if they get anything open. Thank fuck its blackcomb that is open.
    edit. Be a good day to beep inbounds friends.
    also this on pique https://www.piquenewsmagazine.com/lo...lanche-5275278