Page 13 of 29 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

Thread: Whistler 21/22

Quote Originally Posted by miketheskier View Post
    Anyone got any recommendations on guided touring outfit? Feeling like by next week the snowpack will hopefully have stabilised a little further
    Dave Sarkany. Extremely Canadian, Altus. You can't go wrong with any of these choices.

Brent Phillips as another suggestion.

Cheers for the info! Today was actually a fun day.. think had just about every snow type out there including some nice dry fresh stashes. Even a couple faceshots

Quote Originally Posted by miketheskier View Post
    Cheers for the info! Today was actually a fun day.. think had just about every snow type out there including some nice dry fresh stashes. Even a couple faceshots
    Today was great. Much better than expected, especially after Peak opened. Lapped that for a while.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Happy to hear people are enjoying the conditions. FWIW, biking down on the shore goes good.

Quote Originally Posted by Bamski View Post
    Happy to hear people are enjoying the conditions. FWIW, biking down on the shore goes good.
    Yep, Seymour has been amazing for January, given all the rain/snow the last few months. Would be nice to ski some cold pow again soon… maybe flow will change late next week.

Sweet, the WROD downhill!

Probability of alpine opening tomorrow?

Almost 100%. Weather looks favourable. Full round of avalanche control on tap. I’d guess Blackcomb first then Whistler by lunch.

Aww yeah! Thx clownshoe!

got up Whistler yesterday aft and the turns were really decent, have done the Sunday afternoon storm day trick a few times now and it's worked out for me with the lift lines thinned out and and winds refilling things.

Yesterday was wild on blackcomb. With excel closed even the runs down that side were fresh until it finally opened around 12. Felt like a day of catskiing. Think i did 12 laps in that area on different lines before 12. Refills by the end of the day.

Anyone know a shop that can re-press dynafit cuff pivots?

Whistler 21/22

Quote Originally Posted by nortonwhis View Post
    Yesterday was wild on blackcomb. With excel closed even the runs down that side were fresh until it finally opened around 12. Felt like a day of catskiing. Think i did 12 laps in that area on different lines before 12. Refills by the end of the day.
    Yeah. Excel closed really shoke up the hill and left weird black holes of pow. Every lap was fresh. Good day!

I got up late this morning but still managed to bag husume first. WB is such high value. It just needs to snow.

Name:  Image1643681768.512304.jpg
Views: 668
Size:  64.5 KB

Quote Originally Posted by xyz View Post
    Yeah. Excel closed really shoke up the hill and left weird black holes of pow. Every lap was fresh. Good day!

I got up late this morning but still managed to bag husume first. WB is such high value. It just needs to snow.

Name:  Image1643681768.512304.jpg
Views: 668
Size:  64.5 KB
    Solid. How’s stability? Was thinking about a quick DOA & Disease tomorrow in the sun.

How was DOA?

Whistler 21/22

Quote Originally Posted by Cocximus View Post
    Good luck with that. Repairing/reusing gear doesn’t seem to be the business model these days. Twice this year I’ve tried to remount old bindings or old skis and the shops refused. They wouldn’t “take the responsibility for the setup” etc. I ended up buying new gear instead.

How was DOA?
    Chute icy, Was ok before the widepoint then pretty bad with some blue ice on the right side. Enough sluff in the end to make some ok turns. Apron was tracked fairly heavily by 1:30pm yesterday.
    Disease looked ok. the more north the better. Bony basin to mexican pussy skied very well end of day.

Any mags have a line on a place to stay Friday 2/11? I'm coming up for a trip with buddies and bringing my 18yo son for his first trip to Whistler. All my buddies are leaving after skiing Friday but we're going to stick around to ski Saturday.

I can get something through Airbnb for ~$200, but thought if Mags had something, I'd rather help them. Just need studio/1bd. With son so no parties. Prefer in village or Blackcomb but not super picky. If anyone (or your friends) has something, send me a pm.

Good luck with that. Repairing/reusing gear doesn’t seem to be the business model these days. Twice this year I’ve tried to remount old bindings or old skis and the shops refused. They wouldn’t “take the responsibility for the setup” etc. I ended up buying new gear instead.
    Good thing I mount my own fucking skis. I also do it for friends... let me know if you still need them mounted.

Forgot my avy bag at home. Skiing resort Doesn't sound like I am missing much. We need some serious snow to cover the last few weeks fuckery.

Good thing I mount my own fucking skis. I also do it for friends... let me know if you still need them mounted.
    Thanks, I'm all sorted now; threw money at the problem. I used to mount my own skis with clear plastic home made ghetto jig. But I cant even be bothered to trim skins these days so I just bought a new setup.

Swiss Sports Haus in West Vancouver

What was the issue? Were the bindings no longer indemnified? Were the skis Swiss cheese? Or was the shop being unduly difficult?