Page 15 of 29 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast

Thread: Whistler 21/22

Skied Sunday with the fam on Blackcomb. First time getting the little kiddos onto some new to them terrain skiing the groomers off Jersey.

Quote Originally Posted by greenmachine View Post
    Ugh , headed up Thursday . How bad is it ofpiste?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Bad to unenjoyable to barely skiable.
    (though we did get 3 cm yesterdays)

Some stuff on harmony is acceptable. I have a fresh tune on skis appropriate for the conditions though. Wouldn't be as fun of it wasn't sunny
    ::.:..::::.::.:.::..::.

On the flipside, lines are short
    90% of skiing is just looking cool

So am I gonna have too much ski next week with a ranger 108ti? Should I take my factions (96w) instead?

Quote Originally Posted by milestogo View Post
    So am I gonna have too much ski next week with a ranger 108ti? Should I take my factions (96w) instead?
    Yeah, I think 108 underfoot would be a bit much. I'd go 96, unless you have something closer to 85. (I'm currently on Enforcer 104 Frees and they're fine...but 85-90 would be much better with current conditions).

That being said, snow was better than expected on Harmony and Symphony today.

Feel like I’m having spearhead withdrawals. Sure you _can_ go back there right now, but is it worth it?

Quote Originally Posted by Bamski View Post
    Feel like I’m having spearhead withdrawals. Sure you _can_ go back there right now, but is it worth it?
    The icy shine on it looking from far away tells me all I need to know.

Quote Originally Posted by phatty View Post
    The icy shine on it looking from far away tells me all I need to know.
    Funnily enough, you’re the second person to mention the shine today. Been too busy to make it up the resort for a while now - seems like it’s about time to start sacrificing some goats.

Quote Originally Posted by Bamski View Post
    Funnily enough, you’re the second person to mention the shine today. Been too busy to make it up the resort for a while now - seems like it’s about time to start sacrificing some goats.
    If you could do that before I arrive on Sunday I'll venmo you for the goat.

Quote Originally Posted by milestogo View Post
    If you could do that before I arrive on Sunday I'll venmo you for the goat.
    sunday, could be goodish....<crosses fingers, knocks on wood, anti jinx>

Quote Originally Posted by t.odd View Post
    sunday, could be goodish....<crosses fingers, knocks on wood, anti jinx>
    Just in the time for the President's day/Family Day shit show weekend..................

Quote Originally Posted by Zaeius View Post
    Just in the time for the President's day/Family Day shit show weekend..................
    Yeah, not getting the hopes up.

Hey, does anyone know of any lodging in Whistler that allows cancellation up to the day of? Sort of a weird request, but I am trying to go for a test trip to get into Canada and unsure if I'll be able to cross ultimately and wanted to cut my losses as low as possible if that's the case. Looking to go up the weekend of March 12-13.

Why don't you just wait until the results are back and get a place last minute?

Quote Originally Posted by f=ma View Post
    Why don't you just wait until the results are back and get a place last minute?
    Good idea, except the issue isn't COVID related...but rather legal related, so I may get turned at the border and would prefer to have things figured out to tell the agent where I'm staying.

I don't, but you might have better luck in Squamish. Not ideal from a location standpoint, but a whole lot cheaper.

I may book something outside Whistler for night 1 and then should be able to find something in Whistler that has night before cancellation. Or eat a day cancellation if it happens. We'll see just thought I'd ping here since I've never been to Whistler.

Party size dependent, there are a few hostels you may consider.

Quote Originally Posted by f=ma View Post
    Party size dependent, there are a few hostels you may consider.
    There are a few hostels that have 24 hour cancellation policies - which I think is reasonable - so worst case is you're out like $50 (assuming a party of one). Some mags recommended HI Whistler, iirc, a while back.

DUI? Can’t you apply for a pardon in advance?

Bleak weather outlook. 5-10 for Sunday isn’t going to do shit. Long range maybe Saturday the 26th for a pattern change? Colder next week too so can’t rely on solar aspects to soften as much.

Quote Originally Posted by gramboh View Post
    DUI? Can’t you apply for a pardon in advance?

Bleak weather outlook. 5-10 for Sunday isn’t going to do shit. Long range maybe Saturday the 26th for a pattern change? Colder next week too so can’t rely on solar aspects to soften as much.
    Shits fucked.
    Stupidly been watching surfing in the downtime and have the CC nearby ready to call it.

7 cm on firm, some soft pockets to be had. Lift lines stayed bearable on Whis today. Some good chalk and sun skiing on North face. Grooming on point as usual. You can stand up at a bar now. This place rocks.

They were blowing snow on Blackcomb yesterday. Leads me to believe it'll be Blackcomb again for the spring season and that they are actually working towards a late spring finish. Would be nice to not have to climb from the valley all spring again!

Quote Originally Posted by nortonwhis View Post
    They were blowing snow on Blackcomb yesterday. Leads me to believe it'll be Blackcomb again for the spring season and that they are actually working towards a late spring finish. Would be nice to not have to climb from the valley all spring again!
    Having Blackcomb open later could be related to getting started on replacing Creekside and Red lifts over the summer.

Anyone know what the plan is for the bike park with these lift replacements? I’m guessing Creekside trails are out this year.