Page 19 of 29 FirstFirst ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast

Thread: Whistler 21/22

Flying in Wednesday, bringing my icelantic shamans

Rolling in Thursday night and hoping for some "improved conditions". Forecast looks promising. If it's soft, maybe the 'Merica topsheet SuperGoats make their Whistler debut to complete the obnoxious Yankee vibe.
    In constant pursuit of the perfect slarve...

Good turns in the blackcomb backcountry this weekend. Pretty much empty too. Week is setting up well

How was it today?

In bed now, ready for tomorrows shenanigans. Should be a classic no-alpine pow fest above 1200m.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by paulster2626 View Post
    In bed now, ready for tomorrows shenanigans. Should be a classic no-alpine pow fest above 1200m.
    Well, looks like only 10 cm at Pig Alley. Not sure if there was appreciably more snow up high. On the positive side it probably means the alpine will open.

Yesterday was great, saw patrol dropping the 7th open sign right as we got off the gondola, first tracks into Sudan (but 3rd/4th out because we're old) which was near bottomless after the top bit. Bit later cougar chutes skiers left under the cliff at the start was about as spooked as I've ever been in bounds with snow sliding all over the place for a few turns. Beauty morning.

Sometimes it’s not a bad idea to let the young bucks break trail.
    Ski smart, ski longer.

Oh yeah. Good day. Indulged myself in the dirty line just as spankies cracked and snagged a long smooth line down Shredder. Some dude tried to stab me with a pole on the ladder but swung and missed. Worth it.

Today was fantastic. Good snow first thing all the way down to excel. Blackcomb bowl has lots of DEEP lines left, regulator area. Those cornices are the biggest I’ve seen, but I’m admittedly just a touron asshole from out east.

Anyway tomorrow will be good, coverage is spot on. Hope everyone has a great week!

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

I’m guessing the alpine didn’t open today? Heavy manky or lighter stuff from this latest cycle?

Quote Originally Posted by Bandit Man View Post
    I’m guessing the alpine didn’t open today? Heavy manky or lighter stuff from this latest cycle?
    Today was pretty good on BComb. Alpine open. Vis in and out, but steeps were soft if you could see em. West Coast pow for sure. Enjoy the trip!

Quote Originally Posted by Sylvan View Post
    Today was pretty good on BComb. Alpine open. Vis in and out, but steeps were soft if you could see em. West Coast pow for sure. Enjoy the trip!
    Thanks for the info. Today at Blackcomb was pretty good but vis was a challenge. Buddy skied Saudan Couloir for the first time and snow was so good we went back for seconds. Snow was great in the glacier but again, vis was tough. Not too crowded. Hoping for a few inches of refresh tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by xyz View Post
    Oh yeah. Good day. Indulged myself in the dirty line just as spankies cracked and snagged a long smooth line down Shredder. Some dude tried to stab me with a pole on the ladder but swung and missed. Worth it.
    Love that dirty line! Well done!!

Saw this today at Blackcomb on the Jersey Cream lift. Progressive. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7579.JPG 
Views:	83 
Size:	1.40 MB 
ID:	410029

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

serious amount of signage up this year about the dirty line. people's thoughts? I feel like it's in the past for me. it's pretty clear there's only one way up at this point.

I'm glad I brought the Pontoons! My son and I got out yesterday (Thursday) with Powder Mountain Snowcats. It was his first time doing any guided/backcountry skiing. It's safe to say, he's hooked!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DHS_0879.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	639.0 KB 
ID:	410038
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DHS_0959.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	782.4 KB 
ID:	410040
    Because rich has nothing to do with money.

Quote Originally Posted by kalisto View Post
    serious amount of signage up this year about the dirty line. people's thoughts? I feel like it's in the past for me. it's pretty clear there's only one way up at this point.
    I noticed the "must enter through gate" sign today. People were still going up the looker's left line. My son commented that he noticed the "this is not the way to the ice cave" sign at the top. LOL!
    Because rich has nothing to do with money.

Gonna get DRTY LINE tattooed on my fingers.

Patrol probably got asked to put the sign there cos a bunch of Vancouver punters complain every pow day that people dont wait inline for spankys. Its not a line, patrol don't care, its game on.

What they really need is the tbar back, or a place to send gorbs before the ice cave opens. That will solve alot of the angst, as they level of skiing in spankys is not what it used to be.

We live in a society here!

Quote Originally Posted by spanky View Post
    My son commented that he noticed the "this is not the way to the ice cave" sign at the top. LOL!
    Yeah apparently patrol has had an issue with intermediates going up Spankys and getting in way over their heads because they think it looks like the fastest route to the ice cave.

How are the crowds this weekend?
    ::.:..::::.::.:.::..::.

Quote Originally Posted by nortonwhis View Post
    Gonna get DRTY LINE tattooed on my fingers.

Patrol probably got asked to put the sign there cos a bunch of Vancouver punters complain every pow day that people dont wait inline for spankys. Its not a line, patrol don't care, its game on.

What they really need is the tbar back, or a place to send gorbs before the ice cave opens. That will solve alot of the angst, as they level of skiing in spankys is not what it used to be.
    Awesome!! Love it!! I for one dirty line every time...it’s a great way to meet new people while shredding fresh lines!

Whistler 21/22

Quote Originally Posted by wicked_sick View Post
    How are the crowds this weekend?
    I hit Blackcomb the last two days and it was busy but manageable. Didn’t touch the cluster that was blind to be the Whistler side. The Glacier Express line was the one exception today. It started mellow but got crazy long. I guess everyone wanted to check out the ice cave.

Vis started out amazing today but degraded as the weather rolled through.

Got an early run in Saudan’s and it was was about boot deep with some deeper pockets where things were wind loaded. Got a second run later in the day and it was also good. Soft, deep snow on the steeps has been elusive this year and it all skied so well.

Xhiggy’s and Lakeside off of 7th skied really well early on, too.

Whistler 21/22

They should apply to the province to demo the entrance to the ice cave under the guise of safety. Or just back fill it with a cat, probably would be good enough.