Page 18 of 29 FirstFirst ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast

Thread: Whistler 21/22

Quote Originally Posted by gramboh View Post
    Looks like a pattern change finally on Friday. Hope this one delivers! Biking has been amazing on the shore but would like some more pow days please.
    We land Friday night. Here’s to hoping the atmospheric river materializes.
    Because rich has nothing to do with money.

Quote Originally Posted by gramboh View Post
    Years ago when summers weren’t so crazy, used to be able to get in pretty easily, so many good times getting loaded on sake margs with a decent size crew… wake up with an awful hangover from the sugar but since the bike park runs 10-8 who cares…

Looks like a pattern change finally on Friday. Hope this one delivers! Biking has been amazing on the shore but would like some more pow days please.
    We're rolling in on Monday. Someone in the group has booked extremely canadian for one of these days next week, which is always awesome. Forecast looking like just steady light snow for a few days which is great - not a huge dump to bring out everyone and their uncle, but enough snow to keep it interesting. Should be a solid week of skiing and topless hot tubbing.

Oof. Debating on which two pairs of skis to bring. Choices are 90 (Kendo), 108 (100Eight) and 130 (Pontoon) underfoot.

Also, my 16 yo son only has a ‘short’ 85mm waisted ski. If I wanted to get him on a wider pow ski, where would you recommend a demo/rental?

Quote Originally Posted by spanky View Post
    We land Friday night. Here’s to hoping the atmospheric river materializes.
    Be careful what you wish for. "Atmospheric river" and "pineapple express" are somewhat synonymous out here. Usually an AR event mean rising freezing levels. So far the forecast doesn't appear that the freezing levels are going to go too high, but it's better not to tempt the gods.

Oof. Debating on which two pairs of skis to bring. Choices are 90 (Kendo), 108 (100Eight) and 130 (Pontoon) underfoot.

Also, my 16 yo son only has a ‘short’ 85mm waisted ski. If I wanted to get him on a wider pow ski, where would you recommend a demo/rental?
    108 would be my call

Demos or rentals via skibutler. They'll drop off for you

Quote Originally Posted by LeeLau View Post
    108 would be my call

Demos or rentals via skibutler. They'll drop off for you
    If you were taking two pair, what would the 2nd be?

I’ll check out skibutler. Thanks!

I would think the pontoon, is probably overkill

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    Be careful what you wish for. "Atmospheric river" and "pineapple express" are somewhat synonymous out here. Usually an AR event mean rising freezing levels. So far the forecast doesn't appear that the freezing levels are going to go too high, but it's better not to tempt the gods.
    The AR was mentioned in the US PNW NWS forecast discussion. I’ll change my wish to just “plentiful reset” for Whistler.

Quote Originally Posted by t.odd View Post
    I would think the pontoon, is probably overkill
    Agreed

Ski Butlers is Vail owned FYI and is a direct rip off of Black Tie Rentals. I would 100% choose Black Tie over them.

Quote Originally Posted by nortonwhis View Post
    Ski Butlers is Vail owned FYI and is a direct rip off of Black Tie Rentals. I would 100% choose Black Tie over them.
    great tip!

Quote Originally Posted by Ireallyliketoski View Post
    Hey all, heading up to whistler for a spring break trip with me and one of my kids (15), we'll be there from the 16-20th. What's the latest on travel into Canada from US? Proof of vaccination, yes, but do you need a negative test to enter the country? Also, any recommendations for where to eat in the village? it's been 20 years exactly since I've been to whistler, looking forward to it, let it snow.
    And if you’re flying back to the US, you have to take a rapid test before taking off. It’s $80 CAD at YVR.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by fool View Post
    And if you’re flying back to the US, you have to take a rapid test before taking off. It’s $80 CAD at YVR.

Check out eMed… they sell a 6-pack of binax rapid tests for $150 and it includes the telehealth sessions. Perfect for my family of 3 traveling to/from CA.

They might be overkill, but being from the EC, I don't get many opportunities to ski the pontoons. The GFS 10-day model is currently at 65 inches. I'd rather have them with me and have them sit idle than leave them behind and then kick myself for not bringing them.

Check out eMed… they sell a 6-pack of binax rapid tests for $150 and it includes the telehealth sessions. Perfect for my family of 3 traveling to/from CA.
    Oh cool. I just started hearing about those - need to check ‘em out.

Quote Originally Posted by fool View Post
    Oh cool. I just started hearing about those - need to check ‘em out.

https://www.emed.com/products/covid-...pack?hsLang=en

They might be overkill, but being from the EC, I don't get many opportunities to ski the pontoons. The GFS 10-day model is currently at 65 inches. I'd rather have them with me and have them sit idle than leave them behind and then kick myself for not bringing them.
    LOL @ GFS.
    As much as i love their unbridled enthusiasm and constant optimism, they are pretty useless in these parts.

LOL @ GFS.
    As much as i love their unbridled enthusiasm and constant optimism, they are pretty useless in these parts.
    mostly, but they weren't far off through that december/early january cycle!

Whistler 21/22

LOL @ GFS.
    Yeah, the Canadian 10 day (GDPS (GEM-GLB)) was about half the GFS in snow totals. Call me an eternal optimist.

if you have low expectations you'll never be disappointed!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9282.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	888.4 KB 
ID:	409184
    Husume the other day, in walk mode; Mom always said I was special. Looking forward to this week's refresh.

Impressive, no idea how people ski in walk mode, my buddy will do a run and say “something feels weird” at the bottom. One turn in and I have to stop and fix it haha.

David Jones on YouTube explained why GFS over forecasts snow totals for Whistler but I can’t find the video now. I believe it was to do with elevation bands/gradient smoothing to 3000-3500m? That’s why storm totals always decrease on automated forecast sites as they get closer and shorter range more accurate
    models kick in.

lots of variability in coastal, mountainous terrain, let alone systems tracking across thousands of kms

Black Tie

We deliver the goods...

E-mail them for their ski catalogue and to schedule a delivery, or have a ski reserved and dropped off to one of the two shops (Sundial & Chamois).

Enforcer 100/104 Free/110
    Line Sick Day 104
    Faction Candide 3.0
    Head Kore 105/117
    Atomic Bentchetler
    Line Vision 108
    Mindbender 116C
    Rossignol Black Ops Sender
    Dynastar M-Free 108

You won't find those skis at Ski Butlers...

I'm just slow on the uptake 'Why can't I ollie off my tails?' Leans over to crack buckles at the bottom. 'Oh.'