Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Whistler 21/22

Gets one thinking tho, what if we were to form a maggot LLC. Have a system of “lodges” like the mountaineers. Cool idea. Bet some would bite.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by SkiLyft View Post
    Gets one thinking tho, what if we were to form a maggot LLC. Have a system of “lodges” like the mountaineers. Cool idea. Bet some would bite.

I like that. You buy the house, and I'll use it.

Quote Originally Posted by ahmedthesailor View Post
    I'll take it for 300,000 under asking. Sell to me. Mag deal. Keep it in the family...
    If we decide to sell, I’ll certainly post it up here first, doubt it would be 300,000 off though. So you’ve got at least 6 months to qualify as a maggot. Get posting…

Send me the listing Eldo!

Quote Originally Posted by SkiLyft View Post

I'll contribute $500 if someone else covers the rest.

Quote Originally Posted by NW_SKIER View Post
    I like that. You buy the house, and I'll use it.
    Same. I'll even contribute one of those giant Costco-sized packages of toilet paper.

Finally got around to editing this one from April of this year in Joffre Lakes

Nice way to spend the day. Do you split into groups to get the long shot?

Whistler/Vail has announced their winter safety plan.

Face Coverings
    Face coverings will be required in indoor settings, including in our restaurants, lodging properties, restrooms, and retail and rental locations, and on buses. Face coverings will not be required outdoors but are required in gondolas at Whistler Blackcomb given local regulations. All employees are required to wear face coverings indoors and when operating gondolas.

Dining Reservations
    Like last season, guests will be required to book a reservation to eat at many of our on-mountain restaurants using our Time to Dine reservation service. However, based on current regulations, we are expecting significantly more seating and dining capacity than last season, and we intend to open reservations one day prior, versus the day-of last season.

Guests will be required to show their BC Vaccine Card to dine at indoor restaurants, restaurant patios and bars,
    based on the order from the Provincial Health Authority.
    If you have a problem & think that someone else is going to solve it for you then you have two problems.

Quote Originally Posted by LeeLau View Post
    Send me the listing Eldo!
    Yeh, we’ll send out info to everyone we know who might be interested. I’ll add you to that list.

Quote Originally Posted by The Artist Formerly Known as Leavenworth Skier View Post
    You have 13 posts, JONG.
    Lol. Long time lurker, still >30 and honestly don't feel the need to post that much as in my experience there's 5 guys with more knowledge and wisdom already chiming in. Which is part of what makes this place so great, hopefully one day I can grow up to be one of the big dogs. Also, suck my balls.

Snow Dog. A friend across the valley sent me the clip

Whistler 21/22

Quote Originally Posted by Snow Dog View Post
    Nice way to spend the day. Do you split into groups to get the long shot?

Whistler/Vail has announced their winter safety plan.

Face Coverings
    Face coverings will be required in indoor settings, including in our restaurants, lodging properties, restrooms, and retail and rental locations, and on buses. Face coverings will not be required outdoors but are required in gondolas at Whistler Blackcomb given local regulations. All employees are required to wear face coverings indoors and when operating gondolas.

Dining Reservations
    Like last season, guests will be required to book a reservation to eat at many of our on-mountain restaurants using our Time to Dine reservation service. However, based on current regulations, we are expecting significantly more seating and dining capacity than last season, and we intend to open reservations one day prior, versus the day-of last season.

Guests will be required to show their BC Vaccine Card to dine at indoor restaurants, restaurant patios and bars,
    based on the order from the Provincial Health Authority.
    Vail/WB are more and more becoming the outliers
    Revy also having all their staff vaccinated.

Edit
    Clownshoe-know if will WB Patrollers have to be vaccinated?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1636219239.254409.jpg 
Views:	125 
Size:	342.0 KB 
ID:	391816

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.

All Vail staff have to be vaccinated, so that means all WB staff, (and all the patrol) will be vaccinated too.

Here’s the weather station link for all you mags in case you forgot. Not all the columns are real data, depending on the station you’re looking at. Also the sensors/power supply goes down from time to time.

Wind data is real at most stations. Snow data is only real at Pig Alley (new) and cat skinner.

https://secure.whistlerblackcomb.com...r/default.aspx

Quote Originally Posted by Clownshoe View Post
    All Vail staff have to be vaccinated, so that means all WB staff, (and all the patrol) will be vaccinated too.

Here’s the weather station link for all you mags in case you forgot. Not all the columns are real data, depending on the station you’re looking at. Also the sensors/power supply goes down from time to time.

Wind data is real at most stations. Snow data is only real at Pig Alley (new) and cat skinner.

https://secure.whistlerblackcomb.com...r/default.aspx
    have a safe season, buddy!

Quote Originally Posted by t.odd View Post
    have a safe season, buddy!
    Thanks T! You too fella. See you on the skin track!

Almost a metre at Pig Alley and the first valley snowfall has me fired up!!

40cm overnight! (at PA)

Quote Originally Posted by t.odd View Post
    40cm overnight! (at PA)
    First skiffs of snow at mid valley for early season skinning and getting your touring blisters all worked in!

Yeah, looks old great.

Low-mid mountain freezinglevels next 2 weeks and lots of snow.
    Wish we still had competing mountains with a motivation to open early. At this rate Cypress will again open earlier than WB.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1636305777.523224.jpg 
Views:	186 
Size:	194.7 KB 
ID:	391908

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.

Glad I've got my reservations booked for opening weekend!

Anyone know why Pig Alley always seems to get substantially more snow than the Catskinner weather plot, even when temps are cold enough that the elevation shouldn't make much difference? I've been wondering for years whether or not Whistler gets more snow than Blackcomb. It would kinda make sense that since most of the skiable terrain on Whistler is the leeward side of the mountain that it would generally ski deeper, but I'm interested to hear others' thoughts.

Every mtn east of Squamish In the coastal range gets less and less snow due to frontal lifting...that would be my take. Hence tantalus being nuked/ Duffey dry... whistler/ black comb will pick up 2-3metres a year, Rutherford will be 4-5m. Be interested in other takes
    Last edited by teamdirt; 11-07-2021 at 07:35 PM.

100 metres of elevation difference (between Pig and Cat) actually does matter in this case, especially when we are all looking at every cm. The higher you go, the more snow there is.

Quote Originally Posted by teamdirt View Post
    Every mtn east of Squamish In the coastal range gets less and less snow due to frontal lifting...that would be my take. Hence tantalus being nuked/ Duffey dry... whistler/ black comb will pick up 2-3metres a year, Rutherford will be 4-5m. Be interested in other takes
    It's too bad the resort doesn't get the same snowfall metal dome/Callaghan gets. I've historically preferred skiing blackcomb but maybe the creekside regulars who mostly ski westside trees are onto something

For whatever reason west side trees gets nuked...

Blkcmb is my flav too.

100 metres of elevation difference (between Pig and Cat) actually does matter in this case, especially when we are all looking at every cm. The higher you go, the more snow there is.
    That is A substantial difference when This close to the ocean...different bands of warm/cold air