Tall Mags... State of Elevenate "ell" Shell Jacket

Tall Mags,

I'm 6'6" 220# and always in search of tall gear, jackets and pants. If your familiar with Eddie Bauer sizing I get a pretty good fit form their large-tall.

I cam across a soft shell on the sale rack at Epic Mountain Gear, Aurora CO.

Large fits me great and they still had some XL on the sale rack in the their tent this weekend.

I'd never heard of this company but their standard size is cut nice and long:

State of Elevenate is the manufacturer. The jacket is tagged "Ell". From their web site:
    Men's Backside Jacket
    Technical 3-layer hardshell for long days on the mountain. Wind- and waterproof with a slightly looser cut that allows for plenty of movement on your most memorable runs.
    3-layer EPS fabric

Windproof, waterproof and breathable
    PFC-free water repellent treatment.
    100% recycled polyamide. WATERPROOF: 20,000 mm water column BREATHABILITY: 15,000 g/m2/24h

Still $247 on sale.

I'm impressed with the cut and construction. Nice weight, seam sealed, and sturdy.

I ski an Elevenate Gore Tex Pro hardshell. Thing is bomber. Doesn’t have a chest pocket, which kinda sucks but otherwise highly recommend the company if you can find it heavily discounted. Retail prices are stupid.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Solid brand with a great product, a little more Kjus than Norrona/Stellar in style, but equally high quality. Around here you can find some really good sale prices on their outerwear from Gorsuch in the spring. A year or two ago they had some really good clearance prices on their brand site as well.

Strafe fits well for my monkey arms and 34 inseam. Freeride but not tall tee

I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32, 35

2021/2022 (13/15)

Quote Originally Posted by niknoid View Post
    Tall Mags,

I'm 6'6" 220# and always in search of tall gear, jackets and pants. If your familiar with Eddie Bauer sizing I get a pretty good fit form their large-tall.

I cam across a soft shell on the sale rack at Epic Mountain Gear, Aurora CO.

Large fits me great and they still had some XL on the sale rack in the their tent this weekend.

I'd never heard of this company but their standard size is cut nice and long:

State of Elevenate is the manufacturer. The jacket is tagged "Ell". From their web site:
    Men's Backside Jacket
    Technical 3-layer hardshell for long days on the mountain. Wind- and waterproof with a slightly looser cut that allows for plenty of movement on your most memorable runs.
    3-layer EPS fabric

Windproof, waterproof and breathable
    PFC-free water repellent treatment.
    100% recycled polyamide. WATERPROOF: 20,000 mm water column BREATHABILITY: 15,000 g/m2/24h

Still $247 on sale.

I'm impressed with the cut and construction. Nice weight, seam sealed, and sturdy.
    Good to know, thanks. I'm exactly your size and always on the lookout for shit that fits me properly

Oh, by the way, I believe it's E11, not Ell. As in this one goes to eleven. Could be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by EWG View Post
    Oh, by the way, I believe it's E11, not Ell. As in this one goes to eleven. Could be wrong.
    I was looking at their website last night. You’re right. Eee one one

That was my second guess.

Sent from my SM-T380 using Tapatalk

I ski an Elevenate Gore Tex Pro hardshell. Thing is bomber. Doesn’t have a chest pocket, which kinda sucks but otherwise highly recommend the company if you can find it heavily discounted. Retail prices are stupid.

How/where/when do you find elevenate discounted?

Quote Originally Posted by 54-46 View Post
    How/where/when do you find elevenate discounted?
    In years past I've seen Gorsuch discount Elevenate stuff online by March/April. Miller Sports here in Aspen dumped a bunch of Elevenate at Replay sports last year and it's selling for 50% off. May be worth calling them or Performance Ski in Aspen or Vail come March/April if they're starting to unload on discount.

Elevenate used to have a sale section on their site that would discount 40+%, but that seems to be gone

Quote Originally Posted by alpinevibes View Post
    In years past I've seen Gorsuch discount Elevenate stuff online by March/April. Miller Sports here in Aspen dumped a bunch of Elevenate at Replay sports last year and it's selling for 50% off. May be worth calling them or Performance Ski in Aspen or Vail come March/April if they're starting to unload on discount.

Elevenate used to have a sale section on their site that would discount 40+%, but that seems to be gone
    Excellent info. Mahalo!

Doesn't Gorsuch discount almost all their skiwear when it's time to start readying for the upcoming dude ranch/country club season.

Their sizing is Swedish, See their sizing chart, If you're between sizes definitely go bigger!
    That surplus was probably due to them switching distributors and moving warehousing from the west to the ice coast.
    Scientists now have decisive molecular evidence that humans and chimpanzees once had a common momma and that this lineage had previously split from monkeys.

Quote Originally Posted by Svengali View Post
    Doesn't Gorsuch discount almost all their skiwear when it's time to start readying for the upcoming dude ranch/country club season.

Their sizing is Swedish, See their sizing chart, If you're between sizes definitely go bigger!
    That surplus was probably due to them switching distributors and moving warehousing from the west to the ice coast.
    Yes, like most high-brow shops they blow stuff out the second it becomes passé

I like Noronna gear for how well it fits my lanky self. Scandinavian gear is pretty good for the mid 6 foot crowd.