Container Ship shortage

Just got a little worse. Kind of mixed messages coming out about whether the fire is under control. So far it seems like about 40 containers went overboard in rough weather outside the straits. Others were damaged leading to the fire. The chemicals are xanthates, which unfortunately are extremely toxic to aquatic life
    https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/f...coast-rcna3670
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

We inherited this world at too young of an age. We aren’t quite ready for this responsibility.

I guess those hipsters and millennials will have to find another way to make their tiny houses..

But, seriously..
    All the population thinning due to COVID and falling far short of supplies keeping up with demand.. Weak factory output, especially silicone chips, no ships, shipping containers, or trucks and truck drivers to move the products, pent up demand from the past two years.

At least the vaccines and masks are getting where they need to go.. or are they??
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

I heard about the ship losing containers yesturday so I thot the fire was a different incident
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

updates-

Kinda surprised no one goes "fishing" for those. Maybe they're saltwater filled and mostly junk. And 200 year old maritime laws likely say nothing about dumping containers. So nobody wants 'em and nobody's responsible.

what a mess
    I was diving in Honduras where a container had got loose in a storm and it was full of BIG thread spools, there were lines of thread going off everywhere under water into the distance
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

I would think that some also sink. Seems like refrigerators are fairly lightweight and also airtight when taped shut

Max 45ft loaded container 45k & not air tight.
    http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3982&dateline=1279375  363