G3 alpinist speed skins

Anyone used the newer g3 alpinist speed skins? Pure mohair and outdoor gear lab says good grip but maybe glue issues.

They are on sale in the size I need for my new winter bc skis. Currently have ascension orange at are well used and a touch narrow from old skis and some g3 momix on the skinny setup. Would like something faster and lighter than the ascensions and am a sucker for a deal.

Quote Originally Posted by carlh View Post
    Anyone used the newer g3 alpinist speed skins? Pure mohair and outdoor gear lab says good grip but maybe glue issues.

They are on sale in the size I need for my new winter bc skis. Currently have ascension orange at are well used and a touch narrow from old skis and some g3 momix on the skinny setup. Would like something faster and lighter than the ascensions and am a sucker for a deal.

I have them used them all last year. I really like them. Outside of regular care that I would give all my skins and.glue no issues.

Good enough gripe and glide really really well. Really a great skin

G3 always seem to have glue issues reported by the end users,

order a tube of gold label and be prepared to reglue
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

I've had some glue failures with the Minimist Glide (70/30 mix) in warm wet spring conditions (they are fine in cold weather) . . .

The G3 website says
    • All New Non-Toxic Adhesive: Updated adhesive features a refined formula engineered to let you do more laps and cover more terrain without having to worry about your skins.

Wonder if it is still sticks to everything like the old G3 glue

I've always like the grip on g3 skins but the shitty glue is a big reason I'm going to try Pomoca skins this year.

Sent from my SM-A505W using Tapatalk
    Goal: ski in the 2018/19 season

pulled the trigger for $125. worst case I sell them or reglue them if I don't like it

pulled the trigger for $125. worst case I sell them or reglue them if I don't like it
    where did you buy them for 125?

Quote Originally Posted by TG View Post
    where did you buy them for 125?
    https://us-store.genuineguidegear.co...climbing-skins

I like these, and will be my third season on them. I particularly like the front end which is plastic and the long plastic tail attachment piece. I use them on my 196 Lhasa Pows, so having skin fabric just in the middle of the ski is beneficial. Glue is working similarly to my three different pairs of BD ascensions.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

as mentioned above on clearance straight from G3. New winter touring setup should be 1.5lbs lighter per foot and mohair instead of nylon skins. Hopefully this compensates for my lack of fitness

deal was to good to be true, G3 ran out and canceled my order.

Quote Originally Posted by Benneke10 View Post
    The G3 website says
    • All New Non-Toxic Adhesive: Updated adhesive features a refined formula engineered to let you do more laps and cover more terrain without having to worry about your skins.

Wonder if it is still sticks to everything like the old G3 glue
    Seems to have corrected the issues the older glue had in my experience.

I've done a crap ton of reglue jobs for people with that old G3 glue though.

deal was to good to be true, G3 ran out and canceled my order.

That's a bummer