Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
    The little I've read about the apps over there, including Britain, which is not EU anymore, is that it's a pretty decent and time consuming process to get approved for that code on your phone, which, of course, would be great to have, because you're really screwed if that cheezy paper thing we have is lost or just wears down to nothing. (I considered lamination at one point, but, that's a bad idea, because of future boosters, which I see happening once every six months for a few years, until we settle into annual shots for decades)
    We'll never have an app, of course. Our freedoms are more important. I'm pretty amazed that the Euros are allowing us back in, considering our history during all this, but, they need our tourist dollars, I guess, and this thing won't be erradicated for decades now, if at all, so, management.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    The little I've read about the apps over there, including Britain, which is not EU anymore, is that it's a pretty decent and time consuming process to get approved for that code on your phone, which, of course, would be great to have, because you're really screwed if that cheezy paper thing we have is lost or just wears down to nothing. (I considered lamination at one point, but, that's a bad idea, because of future boosters, which I see happening once every six months for a few years, until we settle into annual shots for decades)
    We'll never have an app, of course. Our freedoms are more important. I'm pretty amazed that the Euros are allowing us back in, considering our history during all this, but, they need our tourist dollars, I guess, and this thing won't be erradicated for decades now, if at all, so, management.
    Yeah, I was surprised the Euros let us in. But once we were there, I was even more surprised at how little they cared to check our documents. Even at customs at the airport, they didn't ask for anything but my passport. Despite that, I still carried my vax card with me everywhere (in a little plastic sleeve).

It's funny - over there, pretty much everyone is vaxxed and I never saw any resistance to complying with basic, rational mask protocols. Ultimately, it felt a lot more "free" than the ongoing clusterfuck in the states where everyone is divided into their factions and every social interaction needs to be examined for its level of freedom vs. social responsibility.

Calif has an app--if you were vaccinated in CA

Stats prov vaccine passports save lives!
    Last edited by teamdirt; 10-27-2021 at 09:20 PM.

21/22 Resort Covid restrictiins

Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    Yeah, I was surprised the Euros let us in. But once we were there, I was even more surprised at how little they cared to check our documents. Even at customs at the airport, they didn't ask for anything but my passport. Despite that, I still carried my vax card with me everywhere (in a little plastic sleeve).

It's funny - over there, pretty much everyone is vaxxed and I never saw any resistance to complying with basic, rational mask protocols. Ultimately, it felt a lot more "free" than the ongoing clusterfuck in the states where everyone is divided into their factions and every social interaction needs to be examined for its level of freedom vs. social responsibility.
    I lived in Spain as a teacher for 4 years. Every day life always felt more “free” in Europe than in the states. We have way more of a visibly omni present police state. Unless your number one priority in life is to own guns, everything felt way more liberating and free in Europe. Hell ski patrol doesn’t close terrain over there.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

The MyColorado app also has vaccination information. That is what I plan to use at resorts that require vaccination proof this season. Seems better than carrying a card around in a ziplock.

Quote Originally Posted by altacoup View Post
    I lived in Spain as a teacher for 4 years. Every day life always felt more “free” in Europe than in the states. We have way more of a visibly omni present police state. Unless your number one priority in life is to own guns, everything felt way more liberating and free in Europe. Hell ski patrol doesn’t close terrain over there.

I was shocked, SHOCKED to be able to buy pseudoephedrine without restriction in Spain. Oh the freedom.

Only time a cop ever asked to see my identification in Spain I had a cocktail in one hand and a joint in the other in a public park. He held the joint while I pulled out my ID, looked at it for 2 seconds and passed them both back to me. Freedom!

Well, if you have to show your card a lot, this would help.

Teskyer 5 Pack CDC Vaccination Card Protector, 4 X 3" Immunization Record Vaccine Card Holder, Plastic Clear ID Card Holder Name Tags Badge Holders https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08ZNCP1LP...ing=UTF8&psc=1

Wolf Creek
    Face coverings required in all indoor public settings. Not be required outdoors, in lift or ticket lines, or on chairlifts, unless required by local public health authorities.
    https://wolfcreekski.com/2020-2021-w...perating-plan/

A photo of my card, on my phone,has always been adequate.

Where?

I ask because in my daily life, I have not needed to show my card to anybody yet. I did a two week tour of the national parks in Utah and the GC in May as my only real travel. I still avoid NYC like a bad cold.

Sunshine- Are vaccines required to ride lifts at Banff Sunshine Village?
    We are requiring proof of vaccination or proof of a privately paid negative rapid test taken within 72 hours of entry, to ride our lifts including our Sunshine Gondola. By requiring proof, in compliance with Alberta’s REP program, to ride our lifts we will be able to operate at a higher capacity which will help speed up our gondola line.

Lake Louise no vaxx for
    The following outdoor locations and services will not require vaccination verification, a negative test, or a valid medical exemption letter:

Chairlifts and general outdoor areas.
    Outdoor ticket windows and kiosks.
    Outdoor patios, BBQs, and pick-up windows.
    Outdoor temporary washroom trailers.

The following locations and services will be accessible to all guests under age 12 and those age 12 and over who provide vaccination verification, a negative Covid test within 72 hours, or a valid medical exemption letter:

All indoor spaces in lodges including:
    Indoor dining in restaurants.
    Quick service dining areas.
    Indoor warming areas.
    Washrooms.

RCR hasn't stated policy yet but can't see it being less than SSV as was more restrictive last year than SSV.
    Mrs. Dougw- "I can see how one of your relatives could have been killed by an angry mob."

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    dougW, you motherfucking dirty son of a bitch.

a paper copy might not work if its damaged, I printed some copys also I emailed my self a copy of the vax code and i show it on my phone, they scan it and might ask for ID if they don't know me, the paper copy worked once failed but once so now I just use the copy in the phone

Only time a cop ever asked to see my identification in Spain I had a cocktail in one hand and a joint in the other in a public park. He held the joint while I pulled out my ID, looked at it for 2 seconds and passed them both back to me. Freedom!

I stayed in an airBnB the cop shop in Barcleona watchin them come & go for a week, I would not fuck with a spanish cop Portugese cop has an entirely different posture
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Sounds like Ann Arbor--cops came to our party and asked us nicely to turn it down (live band) with several people smoking a joint easily visible through the open door and then quietly left. This was during the height of nixon's war on drugs, which is another war America lost.

RCR - Fernie, Kickinghorse, Kimbo and Nakiska announced today that no vax, no skiing… the comment sections on their IG posts are hilarious.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Gcooker View Post
    RCR - Fernie, Kickinghorse, Kimbo and Nakiska announced today that no vax, no skiing… the comment sections on their IG posts are hilarious.

I like this FB comment, and agree with it. I can see requiring vax passport to go in the lodge maybe, but to ride the lifts? Ridiculous IMO.

Ok. Full disclosure, I am a double vaccinated, Alberta doctor that promotes Covid vaccines all day, every day. But I think it is pretty hard to justify requiring vaccines to ride the chair lift. Everyone is outdoors. 85% of people have covered faces - even before Covid. You had a successful season last year through the ups and downs of Covid numbers without any outbreaks that I heard of - without a single participant being vaccinated. Seems crazy.

^^^ you’re not wrong

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Where?

I ask because in my daily life, I have not needed to show my card to anybody yet. I did a two week tour of the national parks in Utah and the GC in May as my only real travel. I still avoid NYC like a bad cold.
    Interesting.

I attended the Mdou Moctar show at the Lagunitas Brewery in Petaluma early October and proof of vaccination was required for entry.
    The following week I attended the Primus show at The Greek Theatre in Berekely, and again, proof of vac was required for entry.
    Talked to a worker at a craft beer shoppe in Berkeley and she said proof of vac was required at all restaurants and bars in the area.

Last week I travelled to LA. No proof required to fly and zero enforcement of masks at either Reno/Tahoe airport or LAX.
    Only one bar that I visited in Culver City required proof of vax for entry. None of the other restaurants or museums or movie theaters I went to required proof.
    I did visit USC twice and they required that you fill out a self-diagnosis form before being admitted on the campus, but didn't require proof of vax.
    LAX required you to fill out a self-diagnosis form before landing, but they never checked it.
    Masks were required in movie theaters at all times.

As for skiing, I went to Palisades, Tahoe (FSV) on opening day last week (10/29).
    No masks.
    No proof of vax.
    Contrary to the Alberta doctor who was quoted above stating that 85% of skiers/boarders have their faces covered at a resort, 99% of the people I saw were not wearing masks (or any other form of face covering). Nor were the lifties or other resort employees.
    I wore a mask the whole time and nobody gave me shit, which was cool.

FWIW, I wore a mask all last season and it was the first time in 12 working winter seasons that I didn't get sick once.
    I kinda want to keep wearing a mask while I ski...
    "Man, we killin' elephants in the back yard..."

https://www.blizzard-tecnica.com/us/en

Quote Originally Posted by Gcooker View Post

Follow the science...

"Alberta doctor"

dude.

Alberta from November until March is Not Tahoe.

Cold is different up there, eh (?) skiJ

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    I like this FB comment, and agree with it. I can see requiring vax passport to go in the lodge maybe, but to ride the lifts? Ridiculous IMO.
    Maybe they figure it will make managing their indoor spaces easier if everyone (including staff) is vaxed. I wonder how Louise will manage entry to all their lodges? Are they going to have staff stationed at all the entry points? All day every day?

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Evil View Post
    Maybe they figure it will make managing their indoor spaces easier if everyone (including staff) is vaxed. I wonder how Louise will manage entry to all their lodges? Are they going to have staff stationed at all the entry points? All day every day?
    How will every other resort in Canada with the exception of RCR and SSV manage? How will every place of business in Canada manage? How did we get through the last 18months. Why is it standard that unless we are eating or drinking that a mask is law but now if someone needs to take a shit, buy a lift ticket, tune their skis or ride a chairlift they need to be vaccinated...This is getting ridiculous....

Ya because being unvaxxed is working so well

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app