Page 1 of 21 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

21/22 Resort Covid restrictiins

Starting to seriously think of trips this season. Up to a month ago I was convinced I'd be in the Dolomites, but, don't think that's happening if I have to whip out my vaccine card at every door and to get on any closed lift. That is, if they respect our easily counterfeited card, which is supposedly equal to their Green pass app. Then they're requiring surgical quality masks on those closed lifts. Nope. Not after wearing a mask for close to 24 hours getting there.

So, anyway, if it's going to be domestic only, what's the policy going to be at your mountain? Looks like it could be different mountain to mountain, and evolving (or, devolving) through the season. I'm fully vaxed, and want to avoid masks as much as possible in my life. Hate them.

Who cares- masks don’t do shit. Push the rules so all the Karen’s finally can get a dose of normal again....how else will humans move forward from the fear...hit them with their worst fear- maskless skier outdoors..... lol

Can’t wait to see the self proclaimed armchair virologist’s Of TGR react....

Quote Originally Posted by teamdirt View Post
    In other words, you're an admitted troll.

Interesting topic.

Too bad a petulant child that can't have his way has decided to open his pie hole.

season is canceled I'm pretty sure

Vermont has closed its border to Benny, governor announced this at his weekly presser Tuesday.

www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Personally, I will probably use a mask all winter. I could not imagine riding a gondola or tram without one. Comfy, warm and healthy. The only time to lower it is when consuming fuel or MJ
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

The best thing about the pandemic is that they ran Squaw One express (now name Wa She Shu) every day as an open alternative to the closed Funitel and Tram. Normally only runs on weekends, if that. May it run every day this season.

As far as what restrictions will be this season--it's going to depend on what the pandemic is doing in a month and beyond and a lot will depend on what local and state health departments decide. I doubt most resorts want to take it on themselves to make the rules although I could see them making things more restricted if they think it will bring more customers.

Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Resort skiing is going to feel pretty normal in the US this year, unless you're the kind of person who uses any facilities beyond the chairlifts.

I have always avoided gondolas, even pre-pandemic, and I don't ever go into a lodge on-mountain or at the base area, so I imagine it will be a lot like prior seasons, but with even bigger crowds.

Sometimes you have to use a gondola. Like Steamboat. Not that I'm going to Steamboat.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    Actually, Mohawk is a pretty short drive, and has about as good an uphill policy as any. Park, boot up, and skin, bypassing any sort of pass. Benny's aerobic day.

But, it ain't the Dolomites.

The big resorts in BC cant get staff never mind any restrictions
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Sometimes you have to use a gondola. Like Steamboat. Not that I'm going to Steamboat.

Christie Peak to Thunderhead.

Wolf creek is open. masks required only indoors. I just hope the $12 lunch special and burger fixings bar return.

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    The big resorts in BC cant get staff never mind any restrictions
    Yeah, well, that's a whole other issue that may require it's own thread.

maskless skier outdoors..... lol
    Totally agree on that part, but it's a slippery slope.

Wolfy, last Saturday, imposed no mask anything. Like old times! Of course, being mid-October, the snow sucked.

I would expect Taos to continue their mask and spacing directives much like last year. Dunno how stringent they'll be, though. The State of New Mexico has been very uptight about this from the beginning, Reservations being the most strict.

Proof of vaccination is patently ridiculous. Proof of immunity, whether by vaccination or infection, is what actually matters.

Benny, you missed a hyphen in your initial post here.
    Daniel Ortega eats here.

And a mis-spell in the title.

Who cares- masks don’t do shit. Push the rules so all the Karen’s finally can get a dose of normal again....how else will humans move forward from the fear...hit them with their worst fear- maskless skier outdoors..... lol

I recall two incidents of mask refusal at Hoodoo (Central OR) last year.
    When coaxed by a lift op to put on a mask in line, a guy who went through the whole “masks don’t work” litany. For about three minutes. Lift Ops Supervisor listened patiently then said “be that as it may, you have to wear a mask if you want to ride the chairs here.” He put one on.

Another went through the whole litany in the spring, but less eloquently (alcohol was a factor). When faced with the choice he decided to leave. Then when the mountain refused to give him a refund he went out in the parking lot, dropped his pants and started screaming “Kate Brown (OR’s Guv) took my balls!”

Until state troopers showed up. And evicted him from the premises. And since he was deemed too intoxicated to drive he had to leave on foot. Its at least 10 miles to the closest civilization

Which one was you?

You know a person has to be dumber than dirt (see what I did there) or just a trolling douche, when they say, "masks don't work".

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    And a mis-spell in the title.
    Not to worry; Core Shot is on the wrong warpath.

I always wear a mask, prefer that everyone else does and don't hesitate to ask them to do so, and if they don't, sick ski patrol on them, including children. I have zero sympathy for stupid people. I plan to do Europe, among other places, this season.

Sent from my SM-A115U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by amoeba View Post
    I always wear a mask, prefer that everyone else does and don't hesitate to ask them to do so, and if they don't, sick ski patrol on them, including children. I have zero sympathy for stupid people. I plan to do Europe, among other places, this season.

Sent from my SM-A115U using Tapatalk
    If you want to wear a mask where none is required knock yourself out but don't be making your own rules for other people. We pay people to do that--preferably public health type folks. Life is a lot simper if everyone follows the same rules, as long as the rules don't require you to commit crimes against humanity.

Definitely planning to mask up in the Big Sky beercan tram.

Public health officials have been stripped of all power in Montana, so they will not be imposing any restrictions.