Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 LastLast

21/22 Resort Covid restrictiins

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Gawd, you're the travel genius here. Thanks! I never knew! Keep on googling, numbnut.
    Have you considered asking people who respect you for help? Are there any?

Quote Originally Posted by paulster2626 View Post
    What happens if you call them and ask? Or send an email?
    This:

"thank you for your request and your interest in spending your ski holidays in the Dolomites.

To access the lifts you will need to have a valid covid certificate. The EU covid certificate has a QR code which allows to activate the skipass also through web. People coming from America may have the QR code, but this is not valid in the EU, therefore you will need to show your vaccine certification at a skipass office where they will activate your ski pass."

So, in the line, every day.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    my t day was great
    thanks fer remindinding why i dont spend 8 hours in my boat bobbersitting people i dont like
    for the same ducketts i can earn elsewhere
    embrace the line bitter bunners
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Imagine willfully showing everyone, everyday, that you’re a sniveling infant. Do you think your dad would be proud of you?

benedici il tuo cuore bunny. Just go to Italy and bring a nice selection of pocket meats and some espresso to enjoy while waiting in line.

This:

"thank you for your request and your interest in spending your ski holidays in the Dolomites.

To access the lifts you will need to have a valid covid certificate. The EU covid certificate has a QR code which allows to activate the skipass also through web. People coming from America may have the QR code, but this is not valid in the EU, therefore you will need to show your vaccine certification at a skipass office where they will activate your ski pass."

It doesn't say "in the line, every day." I bet with your 5-day pass or whatever you have, they just activate the whole thing the first time. Like, when you pick it up. This won't be as bad as you think. Enjoy your vacation.

I'd say the more hoops there are to jump though to ski, the closer the authorities are to shutting the whole show down if case numbers go up. That's a definite red flag for me planning trips and making reservations. Head's up, new South African variant and mutations might be even more vaccine elusive than delta.
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Quote Originally Posted by paulster2626 View Post
    It doesn't say "in the line, every day." I bet with your 5-day pass or whatever you have, they just activate the whole thing the first time. Like, when you pick it up. This won't be as bad as you think. Enjoy your vacation.
    Jezuz, go back and read their statement on the website. Oh, here, I'll make it easy for you.

"After purchasing the skipass online, you will have to "enable" it by scanning the EU QR code covid certificate. This will be possible online on the website dolomitisuperski.com or via the Dolomiti Superski App, by entering the personal data and then uploading the EU QR code covid certificate before accessing the lifts.

The verification of the Green Pass will be immediate and will entitle you to use the lifts on the same day. This verification must be carried out for each ski day.

If you do not have a smartphone or internet access, you can buy your ski pass and validate the QR code every day at our points of sale."

Every day for a Euro green pass holder with a digital code. That wont be so bad, I guess, sitting at breakfast with a second cappuccino in hand. But, not too pleasent in line at an office.

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    I'd say the more hoops there are to jump though to ski, the closer the authorities are to shutting the whole show down if case numbers go up. That's a definite red flag for me planning trips and making reservations. Head's up, new South African variant and mutations might be even more vaccine elusive than delta.
    Yeah, that new variant may shut down the world. Skiing will be first to go. This fucking sucks.

Cry more

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

This butthurt Bunz banter is holiday gold.

Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1637945757.537812.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	129.8 KB 
ID:	394111

Bless His Heart!

I don't hear Benny crying. It is a fucking vacation...like music...a good vacation is subjective. Some people don't mind the covid uncertainties, others find it to be a buzz kill.

True Benny is way off in the weeds trolling all of us over regulatory minutiae but his larger point stands, even while he leaves it undefended.

I worry about absolutely nothing all the time. It really sucks. Sometimes I choose vacations that give me something concrete to actually worry about. There has never been a blizzard I wouldn't drive I to or an off trail route through the mountains I wouldn't try to navigate. Those risks to me, seem somewhat calculatable and living within those parameters and worrying my way to success is when I feel most alive.

The inherent uncertainty of covids future, and its effect on regulators that can make or take rules arbitrarily is nothing but a series of endless calculations with missing numbers that just lead to more mindbending spinning brain syndrome misery. Some people don't care. They don't give a shit about the what ifs. They roll with it. Good for them.

It doesn't make the first group a bunch of crybabies.

Hey, the biggest gamble you make with a paid ahead ski trip is snow quality, and we have no clue how the Dolomites may be in late February right now. They had a hideous year recently, and the place is known for more. Add to that this crap, and maybe I'm back to no thanks, I'll just drive out west and follow good snow with my iKon pass, like a few years ago. Or Maine.

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    What do you mean by “more vaccine elusive than delta”? The vaccines have done a great job when it comes to protecting people from hospitalization and death, the goal. In areas where vaccination rates are high it’s slowed the spread. Delta has been the dominant variant for a while now. Every patient in our ICU is unvaccinated

Quote Originally Posted by uglymoney View Post
    I don't hear Benny crying. It is a fucking vacation...like music...a good vacation is subjective. Some people don't mind the covid uncertainties, others find it to be a buzz kill.

True Benny is way off in the weeds trolling all of us over regulatory minutiae but his larger point stands, even while he leaves it undefended.

I worry about absolutely nothing all the time. It really sucks. Sometimes I choose vacations that give me something concrete to actually worry about. There has never been a blizzard I wouldn't drive I to or an off trail route through the mountains I wouldn't try to navigate. Those risks to me, seem somewhat calculatable and living within those parameters and worrying my way to success is when I feel most alive.

The inherent uncertainty of covids future, and its effect on regulators that can make or take rules arbitrarily is nothing but a series of endless calculations with missing numbers that just lead to more mindbending spinning brain syndrome misery. Some people don't care. They don't give a shit about the what ifs. They roll with it. Good for them.

You seem like a good guy, worrying about everything must suck. I have the exact opposite problem, I don’t seem to worry about anything for the most part. Anyhow, I’m not sure what it feels like to worry all the time. It’s hard to relate.

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    You seem like a good guy, worrying about everything must suck. I have the exact opposite problem, I don’t seem to worry about anything for the most part. Anyhow, I’m not sure what it feels like to worry all the time. It’s hard to relate.

It sucks for sure but it's like having a Russian hooker that won't leave you alone.
    Most of the time you just slap her away and go about your business but every now and again you saddle that shit up and go for a ride.

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk

. Or Maine.
    Maine has been getting slammed for last month despite our relatively high vaccination rate. Hospitalizations repeatedly breaking records

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    What do you mean by “more vaccine elusive than delta”?
    I was under the impression that the vast majority of breakthrough infections are Delta... and that vaccines tested much better at PREVENTING the pre Delta strains than Delta. Remember when we had mask rules dripped most places for a minute around July 4th then Delta came roaring in with all the breakthrough infections? Ya, being vaccinated still keeps most folks from ending up really bad off... but I think delta is breaking through more than the strains that were around when the vaccine was developed and tested. That's what I mean by that..

Quote Originally Posted by cat in january View Post
    Maine has been getting slammed for last month despite our relatively high vaccination rate. Hospitalizations repeatedly breaking records
    I'll bet there's a big disparity between urban and rural vax rates in Maine.

Anyway, no whoop if Maine shuts down, although I really want to do a Saddleback-Sugarloaf-Sunday River trip sometime, after driving through Vermont. That's a few weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by uglymoney View Post

You’re absolutely right. But I’d argue that Benny is unique amongst members here in that he expects others to figure this shit out for him while throwing a tantrum. I’d be pissed, annoyed, frustrated and worried about the whole thing too if I had 4grand on the line. But I’m sure as shit not going to come here and have a meltdown when no one’s doing my homework for me and giving me shit about crying over what’s out of my hands.

If I had a bunch of time to ski I'd just do a road trip to somewhere I could be assured I can ski and get decent conditions.

Don't decide until the day you leave.

You'll have fun and won't be out 4 grand.
    Goal: ski in the 2018/19 season

Quote Originally Posted by Shorty_J View Post
    If I had a bunch of time to ski I'd just do a road trip to somewhere I could be assured I can ski and get decent conditions.

Don't decide until the day you leave.

You'll have fun and won't be out 4 grand.
    My first trip should be Sunday the 5th... Lift ticket $5, parking $2. After gas and food should still be under $50 bucks..

https://appskimtn.com/event/anniversary-weekend

Switzerland requiring ten days quarantine for at least arriving Brits, even if poked.