Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Wait. You can get the green pass as a non Italian?
    I was vaxxed in the US in Spring. I just took my vax card to the pharmacy here in Germany and they looked at it and gave me two QR codes, one for each dose. Scanned those and I got the green pass on a downloadable app. Imnit German, but no problem

https://www.aspensnowmass.com/safety...ing-procedures

per SkiCo, Yes you will need proof of vaccination for anything indoors, EXCEPT for the areas where Aspen Skiing Company makes $$$$$$$ indoors.

Quote Originally Posted by teamdirt View Post
    How will every other resort in Canada with the exception of RCR and SSV manage? How will every place of business in Canada manage? How did we get through the last 18months. Why is it standard that unless we are eating or drinking that a mask is law but now if someone needs to take a shit, buy a lift ticket, tune their skis or ride a chairlift they need to be vaccinated...This is getting ridiculous....
    To be honest I don't want your unvaccinated ass stinking up the shitter before I drop the kids off myself. I can see where they're coming from - easier to just stop the unvaccinated dummies from the get-go vs. checking their records at every indoor opportunity, and opening themselves up to being berated by people who already display selfish, uneducated tendencies.

Quote Originally Posted by Asspen View Post
    https://www.aspensnowmass.com/safety...ing-procedures

per SkiCo, Yes you will need proof of vaccination for anything indoors, EXCEPT for the areas where Aspen Skiing Company makes $$$$$$$ indoors.
    Or less cynically -- except for areas where individuals are likely to spend less than 15min and it'd be a huge PITA to check vaccinations multiple times a day. Masks required everywhere indoors. Vaccinations required for any sit-down service and hotels. I'm pretty sure SkiCo makes more at the Little Nell than a couple of grab-and-go markets.

Quote Originally Posted by beer30 View Post
    I was vaxxed in the US in Spring. I just took my vax card to the pharmacy here in Germany and they looked at it and gave me two QR codes, one for each dose. Scanned those and I got the green pass on a downloadable app. Imnit German, but no problem
    Yeah, but, are you an EU citizen?

Quote Originally Posted by doebedoe View Post
    Or less cynically -- except for areas where individuals are likely to spend less than 15min and it'd be a huge PITA to check vaccinations multiple times a day. Masks required everywhere indoors. Vaccinations required for any sit-down service and hotels. I'm pretty sure SkiCo makes more at the Little Nell than a couple of grab-and-go markets.
    Um. Your leaving out the important metric here...indoor rental shops don't need vaccination proof. You must not spend time in there.

Family of 6 from Texas who spends 1.5 hours getting their rental gear sorted. Indoors. Multiple mask reminders. No vaccination required (but the employees fitting their boots are required to be vaxxed).

This is all too common. Tweaking the rules to the make $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ isn't about health at all. But yes carry the water for giant mega ski corp with conflicting "rules".

You can eat with your mask on? LOLOLOL People at the Sundeck aren't eating outside in January. They will be maskless, unvaccinated, and laughing in your face all INDOORS on Skico property. See the hyperbole yet?
    Last edited by Asspen; 11-02-2021 at 09:44 AM.

Should just put an rfid gate at the indoor entrance. Upload your vax card to your season pass. No vax, no going inside. Still can ski if unvaxxed. Then make everyone wear a mask for 40 ft. Then sit right next to someone and take it off for an hour while drinking and laughing. Then put the mask on for 40 ft And then take it back off outside.

It makes total sense for SSV to go vaxxed only as they have a choke point of a gondi to get you up the mountain to get to skiing lifts. If the capacity of that lift is reduced then the lift lines go crazy. RCR has several resorts which includes KH which has the same situation as SSV. Also RCR was the most restrictive last year so doesn't surprize me that went the full vaxed route. I had already had to send in my vaxx proof to RCR as a vollie person. LL you can get to skiing from base on chairlifts though they do have one small gondi at base. How they are going to deal with that??
    Mrs. Dougw- "I can see how one of your relatives could have been killed by an angry mob."

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    dougW, you motherfucking dirty son of a bitch.

Quote Originally Posted by paulster2626 View Post
    … I can see where they're coming from - easier to just stop the unvaccinated dummies from the get-go vs. checking their records at every indoor opportunity, and opening themselves up to being berated by people who already display selfish, uneducated tendencies.
    Yep.

Personally I’ll be happier knowing that the guy with the Oilers’ or Roughriders’ jersey that is riding up a chairlift with me at Kimbo and coughing up a lung probably only has a cold or maybe smoked a harsh joint.

I clicked on the names of some of the people expressing rage on RCR resort Facebook pages. Not surprisingly a large percentage of their personal FB pages I looked at are filled with Covid and antivax idiocy.

As of yesterday 85.3% of B.C. residents age 12 and over are fully vaccinated. 90% have at least their first shot. The stubborn leftovers may be very vocal but they are a small minority in this province.

the most beautiful place in the whole wide world
    to those rage commenting on the various mandate communications... I say rage comment all you want. if you are dense enough to not have a vaccine in your arm yet (obviously setting aside medically challenged, not old enough etc) then surprise! you might just not get to participate in some activities on your terms. Because your terms are 100% selfish and don't consider anyone else. You know, like you are supposed to... in a society.

Gotta say, no masks on gondolas and trams seems like an unnecessarily risky policy. That's the kind of move that gets skiing shut down again.

Quote Originally Posted by shaft View Post
    Gotta say, no masks on gondolas and trams seems like an unnecessarily risky policy. That's the kind of move that gets skiing shut down again.
    I think you'll still see a lot of masks on gondolas and trams, no matter what the rules are.

At this point I will just follow the rules. Want a mask ? sure , optional ? I will match the majority around me. All the strong opinions I have seen on both sides have been dick heads. Like the new tshirt at Taps has on it "Don't be a Dick" . Hopefully we have trivia this year so I can win one.

Sure its for risk reduction but that risk is lowering the number in care , hospital/ICU. Its as much also for carrot/stick just to get the jab so we can leave this thing behind.
    Mrs. Dougw- "I can see how one of your relatives could have been killed by an angry mob."

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    dougW, you motherfucking dirty son of a bitch.

This year W-B requires that vollies be fully vaccinated and I assume that staff must be fully vaccinated too. Last season the public had to wear "face coverings" which usually meant a buff or balaclava. Better than nothing but not a properly fitted mask either. The base gondolas allowed one group or two strangers if they were ok with it. The chairs had one group or two strangers sitting apart on a quad or two couples sitting apart on a six-pack.
    If you have a problem & think that someone else is going to solve it for you then you have two problems.

Mont- Sainte-Anne is RCR.....but if that’s the narrative you want so be it, lots of stupid people can’t think beyond what they are told...

Oooh. Sensitive Canuck. Whatever. Looks like the Frenchies want poked.

Quote Originally Posted by DougW View Post
    Sunshine- Are vaccines required to ride lifts at Banff Sunshine Village?
    We are requiring proof of vaccination or proof of a privately paid negative rapid test taken within 72 hours of entry, to ride our lifts including our Sunshine Gondola. By requiring proof, in compliance with Alberta’s REP program, to ride our lifts we will be able to operate at a higher capacity which will help speed up our gondola line.

Lake Louise no vaxx for
    The following outdoor locations and services will not require vaccination verification, a negative test, or a valid medical exemption letter:

Chairlifts and general outdoor areas.
    Outdoor ticket windows and kiosks.
    Outdoor patios, BBQs, and pick-up windows.
    Outdoor temporary washroom trailers.

The following locations and services will be accessible to all guests under age 12 and those age 12 and over who provide vaccination verification, a negative Covid test within 72 hours, or a valid medical exemption letter:

All indoor spaces in lodges including:
    Indoor dining in restaurants.
    Quick service dining areas.
    Indoor warming areas.
    Washrooms.

RCR hasn't stated policy yet but can't see it being less than SSV as was more restrictive last year than SSV.
    Wow... if sunshine thinks making everyone show their vaccinations records is going to speed up their lift lines, I think they might be smoking the good stuff. I'd expect the opposite result... even getting into my gym takes a while and that line is never more than 5 or 6 people.

I'm ok with the requirement but hopefully they can figure out a way that when they scan my direct to lift card it can show my vaccinated status instead of showing it every time.
    Goal: ski in the 2018/19 season

Mont- Sainte-Anne is RCR.....but if that’s the narrative you want so be it, lots of stupid people can’t think beyond what they are told...
    Your posts here are confusing me.

Don't you have a relative in long term care and you told a story last winter about you yelling at someone who came in not wearing a mask?

And now you're anti mask and anti vaxx? Or do I misunderstand?

Who said I was anti vax? I’m definitely Anti mask, anti passport, anti discriminatory. We should also respect everyones privacy and religious beliefs....society is overstepping it’s boundaries.....

Who said I was anti vax? I’m definitely Anti mask, anti passport, anti discriminatory. We should also respect everyones privacy and religious beliefs....society is overstepping it’s boundaries.....
    Nobody did but I asked based on what I've seen you post in this thread.

If we didn't have the passport we would still be around 70% vaxxed in Alberta instead of 80%, and everything would be completely shut down due to an overwhelmed health care system... instead it's only shut down for the people that choose to put themselves in that situation.

Would you prefer none of us be able to do anything in order to not "discriminate"? And is it not discriminatory to me if my freedoms are cut back because of someone else's reckless personal decision? Is it not discriminatory to a business to tell them they can't open to anyone because of an overwhelmed health care system as a result of the personal decisions of a few people?

Quote Originally Posted by Shorty_J View Post
    Wow... if sunshine thinks making everyone show their vaccinations records is going to speed up their lift lines, I think they might be smoking the good stuff. I'd expect the opposite result... even getting into my gym takes a while and that line is never more than 5 or 6 people.

I'm ok with the requirement but hopefully they can figure out a way that when they scan my direct to lift card it can show my vaccinated status instead of showing it every time.
    To answer my own question, sunshine says if you have a seasons pass or D2L card with your photo you can register your vaccine status with your pass and not have to show it every time... but I don't know how the guy scanning my card will be able to tell what my vaccine status is.

I just assumed you had to show your vax passport when you picked up your season pass/discount card, so there would be no need to verify with the ticket checkers for the rest of the season. No ideas how it’s going to work for people buying day tickets. If you’re a parent purchasing for your family, will you have to have everyone with you? What about buying from a kiosk?

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Evil View Post
    I just assumed you had to show your vax passport when you picked up your season pass/discount card, so there would be no need to verify with the ticket checkers for the rest of the season. No ideas how it’s going to work for people buying day tickets. If you’re a parent purchasing for your family, will you have to have everyone with you? What about buying from a kiosk?
    Well anyone can buy the discount cards at a number of retail locations and I don't think there's anything on the registration (done online).

But you have to set up direct to lift in person so maybe they can ask then.

And yeah... day tickets will likely be a mess.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Yeah, but, are you an EU citizen?
    Nope, a US citizen. The current state of the US has me thinking about trying to be though. Lets see what 2024 holds.