Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    We're the fans in wheelchairs?
    I used to frequent the Palms Playhouse in Davis, the Winters CA before it was sold--I began noticing that the line for the men's room was longer than the line for the women's.
    Went to a show two weeks ago, outdoor house concert, with the remnants of the Lost Planet Airmen. I think John Tichy has to be well into his 80's and had to sit down from time to time. But as long as Bill Kirchen can still pick up a Telecaster I'll keep seeing him. I'm not sure why anyone would be ashamed to be old. It's not like you have a choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    I'm thinking that a smart promoter should designate a section for them, like at Yankee Stadium.
    It's up to the venue and many of them do

Red Rocks has it covered. The Row 70 railing is a great place to watch a show.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2021-11-08 at 9.47.46 AM.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	358.2 KB 
ID:	391984

Quote Originally Posted by ColMan View Post
    Masks required when walking around outdoors as well? Heading to MX in a few weeks and assumed the mask mandate down there was indoors only.

Agreed on the lodge/bar. Did the mug club one season and had probably 4 beers max. Haven't done it again since.
    It was a little unclear and confusing. At the resort, walking around, wear a mask inside and out. But within the pool area or on the beach, no mask. On the streets in town masking was 50/50 outside but if you walk up to/ into a restaurant just wear one till you get to your table. Indoors mask always. Walking down the street or on the boardwalk We wore them but I don’t think you had to. We rented a boat to take us out snorkeling and to the islands. No masks all day.

I mainly was just trying to be respectful. We got tested before going, and took the required tests to fly back. Also got booster shots before going too.

Have fun, weather was great. Wish I could go back till it starts snowing here.

Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    It was a little unclear and confusing. At the resort, walking around, wear a mask inside and out. But within the pool area or on the beach, no mask. On the streets in town masking was 50/50 outside but if you walk up to/ into a restaurant just wear one till you get to your table. Indoors mask always. Walking down the street or on the boardwalk We wore them but I don’t think you had to. We rented a boat to take us out snorkeling and to the islands. No masks all day.

I mainly was just trying to be respectful. We got tested before going, and took the required tests to fly back. Also got booster shots before going too.

Have fun, weather was great. Wish I could go back till it starts snowing here.
    Good info, thanks! Didn't even think about getting a booster. Great idea!

Quote Originally Posted by ColMan View Post
    Good info, thanks! Didn't even think about getting a booster. Great idea!
    Yeah, not a bad idea I guess. I’ve had Covid, plus three vax shots, so I’m pretty sure my immunity is about as good as it gets. You really do not want to catch Covid while you are down there. Quarantining in a hotel for two weeks at your expense would suuuuuck.

Yeah, not a bad idea I guess. I’ve had Covid, plus three vax shots, so I’m pretty sure my immunity is about as good as it gets. You really do not want to catch Covid while you are down there. Quarantining in a hotel for two weeks at your expense would suuuuuck.
    Pre vaccine when my AF son was sent to a base for training he would have to quarantine for a few days--can't remember the number. Not on base--they put him up in hotels without room service.

An all inclusive Mexico trip is basically a cruise. Went there a few years ago. Lines to get to buffet. Hand sanitizer before you ate. I’m not a fan of masks, but probably a good idea there. I think one of my kids got foot and mouth there. Also went to go swimming in ocean one day, really only one good spot there not rocky and full of seaweed. Probably a couple hundred people jazzercising there, music blasting, could barely get in water. Basically a Richard Simmons concert. Definitely wear a mask, a condom, and whatever other ppe you can find.

Quote Originally Posted by teletech View Post
    An all inclusive Mexico trip is basically a cruise. Went there a few years ago. Lines to get to buffet. Hand sanitizer before you ate. I’m not a fan of masks, but probably a good idea there. I think one of my kids got foot and mouth there. Also went to go swimming in ocean one day, really only one good spot there not rocky and full of seaweed. Probably a couple hundred people jazzercising there, music blasting, could barely get in water. Basically a Richard Simmons concert. Definitely wear a mask, a condom, and whatever other ppe you can find.
    I’ve never had anything like that experience on any of my trips there. That sounds horrible. And I think most resorts are still at some sort of limited capacity anyway. I’m not really a resort person, even when we stay at a resort I try to get away from it for most of the trip.

Damn, your antibody counts are likely off the charts!

Staying on points at a hotel that I could never afford (Cabo Waldorf) so a quarantine there would break the bank.

I guess trapped is the way I felt in playa de Carmen. But everyone I know that goes there seems to like it. Went to usvi last winter, no test on return. Might do that again this winter. No culture but the beaches were amazing.

Had a friend test positive and she had to stay 2 extra weeks in a AirBnB in Barcelona a few months ago. Cost her $$$$.

Summary of up north
    Vaxx Required Group
    RCR group-KH,Fernie, etc - vaxx passport required for pass activation and to buy lift ticket, masking in line or chairs TBD
    Sunshine -vaxx passport required for pass activation and to buy lift ticket, no masking in line or chairs other than gondi and TT chair "By requiring proof, in compliance with Alberta’s REP program, to ride our lifts we will be able to operate at a higher capacity which will help speed up our gondola line."
    Revelstoke vaxx passport required for pass activation and to buy lift ticket, no masking in line or chairs and gondi will operate that full capacity so don't ask for a private cabin

NO VAxx required group
    Lake Louise -proof of vaccination, or a written or printed copy of a privately paid PCR or rapid antibody negative Covid test within 72 hours, or a valid medical exemption letter for :all indoor spaces, Gondola.
    Snow School Programing.
    Indoor warming areas.
    Indoor washrooms.
    Ski Friend tours.
    Shuttle buses.
    So can ride with out vaxx but you can't take a dump or eat in a warm place
    Capacity " the comfort and safety of our guests are of utmost importance, and if at any time throughout the season, you would like your own chair or gondola cabin " but The Gondola is currently under the REP program, and gondola cabins will load to full capacity if wait times develop. "

Sun Peaks
    Last edited by DougW; 11-10-2021 at 09:40 PM.
    Mrs. Dougw- "I can see how one of your relatives could have been killed by an angry mob."

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    dougW, you motherfucking dirty son of a bitch.

^^^ small correction.

Full capacity on all lifts but they want masks on the gondi and Teepee Town at Sunshine.
    Goal: ski in the 2018/19 season

corrected for SSV gondi and TT chair masking requirement

Quote Originally Posted by DougW View Post
    Summary of up north
    Vaxx Required Group
    RCR group-KH,Fernie, etc - vaxx passport required for pass activation and to buy lift ticket, masking in line or chairs TBD
    Sunshine -vaxx passport required for pass activation and to buy lift ticket, no masking in line or chairs other than gondi and TT chair "By requiring proof, in compliance with Alberta’s REP program, to ride our lifts we will be able to operate at a higher capacity which will help speed up our gondola line."
    Revelstoke vaxx passport required for pass activation and to buy lift ticket, no masking in line or chairs and gondi will operate that full capacity so don't ask for a private cabin

NO VAxx required group
    Lake Louise -proof of vaccination, or a written or printed copy of a privately paid PCR or rapid antibody negative Covid test within 72 hours, or a valid medical exemption letter for :all indoor spaces, Gondola.
    Snow School Programing.
    Indoor warming areas.
    Indoor washrooms.
    Ski Friend tours.
    Shuttle buses.
    So can ride with out vaxx but you can't take a dump or eat in a warm place
    Capacity " the comfort and safety of our guests are of utmost importance, and if at any time throughout the season, you would like your own chair or gondola cabin " but The Gondola is currently under the REP program, and gondola cabins will load to full capacity if wait times develop. "
    Panorama - edit to add
    Sun Peaks
    Its been a real shit show on FB that KH is requiring vaxx passport, while I imagine its a shit show at W/B with locals wanting the vaxx mandate.
    Last edited by DougW; 11-11-2021 at 10:11 PM.
    Mrs. Dougw- "I can see how one of your relatives could have been killed by an angry mob."

Sunshine will also accept a proof of negative test.

Quote Originally Posted by eldereldo View Post
    Sunshine will also accept a proof of negative test.
    yes but you have to pay for it.."proof of a privately paid negative rapid test taken within 72 hours of entry," thats going to apply to some hard core anti vaxxers who really want to ski but don't those things cost $100-300?

yes but you have to pay for it.."proof of a privately paid negative rapid test taken within 72 hours of entry," thats going to apply to some hard core anti vaxxers who really want to ski but don't those things cost $100-300?
    Nah rapid tests are like $50 at Shoppers I think.

All the press has been on the cost of tests coming back from US being in the 100-300 range. Still $50 adds a bit to the ski weekend.

I think the difference is if they accept a rapid test that is cheap $40, a PCR test for reentering the country seems to be $150 +

All the press has been on the cost of tests coming back from US being in the 100-300 range. Still $50 adds a bit to the ski weekend.

I think the difference is if they accept a rapid test that is cheap $40, a PCR test for reentering the country seems to be $150 +
    Yeah my brother was at Niagara Falls a few weeks ago, wanted to cross into Canada but said it would have cost $250 for him and his girlfriend to get the acceptable tests.

Weird. I can get a free PCR test any time, and boosters are like free candy on Halloween.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Never made sense to me to require testing to go from one place with community spread to another but what do I know?

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Never made sense to me to require testing to go from one place with community spread to another but what do I know?
    Totally agree.

The only travel restrictions that worked were the all in rules like Oz and Nz had. And even that strategy broke down eventually but it certainly bought them enough time to get people vaxxed.

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    But the community spread in Canada was a lot less than US , Canada has about 1/3 the deaths that the US has had to date. Its also political so people feel that they ( the more fearful) are being protected ( from the diseased masses to the south)

But the community spread in Canada was a lot less than US , Canada has about 1/3 the deaths that the US has had to date. Its also political so people feel that they ( the more fearful) are being protected ( from the diseased masses to the south)
    Same thing was happening across provincial borders.

I posted about skiing at KH last winter and seeing tonnes of locals blatantly violating rules and was told by some on this board just to stay off their mountain. Me skiing solo and not talking to anyone really... I'm a big risk apparently.

I also got turned away from a pub in Revy after they asked where I lived... same rampant rules violations by locals.
    Goal: ski in the 2018/19 season