Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by pano-dude View Post
    A little story for all you who believe you're protected with the vaccine.
    My mom died Tuesday night from covid. She was double vaxxed and very careful where she goes or who she visits with. Her partner is triple vaxxed and brought covid home with him from an AA meeting(the only place he had been in public for a week).
    He is devastated.
    Carry on with your bullshit, but stop believing what the government and health care officials are telling you.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk
    Really sorry to hear this. Same thing happened to a friend’s dad. In his 70s, no other issues and fully vaxxed. Died a few days after going to the hospital. Needless to say we’re still masking everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by teamdirt View Post
    Pano-sorry to hear that. My condolences and Best wishes my friend. Take care.
    Don't even try to pretend like you give a fuck about anybody but yourself guy. You've made that clear for months now.

Thanks for the sentiments.

I posted here because most of you feel vaccinated people are safer than unvaccinated. I give you proof they are not. Real life and death proof.
    Passports do fuck all to stop this sickness, it just separates our society. There are options to be safe, rapid tests etc.
    Please do not hate on people who have a different opinion than you. This is the real issue, not covid.

condolences, pan.
    I disagree regarding proof, but this isn't the time to diatribe.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Quote Originally Posted by pano-dude View Post
    Thanks for the sentiments.

I posted here because most of you feel vaccinated people are safer than unvaccinated. I give you proof they are not. Real life and death proof.
    Passports do fuck all to stop this sickness, it just separates our society. There are options to be safe, rapid tests etc.
    Please do not hate on people who have a different opinion than you. This is the real issue, not covid.

With all due respect, your sample size is too small to make those conclusions.

And the numbers in Alberta have been steadily dropping since the passports were put in place. They are, in fact, stopping sickness.

Again... I really do feel for your loss but your conclusions don't pass muster.
    Goal: ski in the 2018/19 season

The problem with the anti vaxxers is that most were anti lockdown, then anti mask now anti vaxx. They would have been anti mandatory test too. In Golden we have had an older lady die with two jabs. Its sad but but by stats the vaxx is going to save a lot of older people from dying , from having long term health problems and long hospitalizations. 60 times less likely to end up in an ICU is a strong stat. Now the likely hood of ending up in a ICU is very small but why not reduce??
    Mrs. Dougw- "I can see how one of your relatives could have been killed by an angry mob."

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    dougW, you motherfucking dirty son of a bitch.

Quote Originally Posted by DougW View Post
    The problem with the anti vaxxers is that most were anti lockdown, then anti mask now anti vaxx. They would have been anti mandatory test too.
    This is one of the things I find most frustrating.

If you don't want restrictions, then act like it. Or deal with the consequences.
    Goal: ski in the 2018/19 season

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    Don't even try to pretend like you give a fuck about anybody but yourself guy. You've made that clear for months now.
    Really...? You are Truly Classless

In order to die from Covid a vaxed person has to catch it from someone else and the chances of that happening are greatly reduced if that person only encounters other vaccinated people. The vaccine protects you 3 ways--by reducing your chances of getting covid, reducing the chance of getting sick and dying if you get covid, and reducing the chance of being exposed to covid. The last is the herd immunity part. We are nowhere close to population wide herd immunity, but if everyone in your gondola cabin or the ski area lodge is vaccinated then you have local herd immunity.

21/22 Resort Covid restrictiins

Quote Originally Posted by DougW View Post
    The problem with the anti vaxxers is that most were anti lockdown, then anti mask now anti vaxx. They would have been anti mandatory test too. In Golden we have had an older lady die with two jabs. Its sad but but by stats the vaxx is going to save a lot of older people from dying , from having long term health problems and long hospitalizations. 60 times less likely to end up in an ICU is a strong stat. Now the likely hood of ending up in a ICU is very small but why not reduce??
    It’s infuriating.
    We have these “friends” who are big skiers and the wife was ranting to me yesterday about the continuation of Vail’s Covid policies this season and how “we’re all adults, let us make are own choices” and basically still said this is like the flu. After almost 2 years of hearing the same tired shit from these people (IE the “lockdown” was nazi-like), I had nothing to say.

I had the same thing happen minus the dying part. All the vaccinated adults got covid. The shit is that contiguous. My fully vaccinated wife sounds like a 70 yr old chain smoker still after 9 days. I completely understand your frustration pano. This blaming people and toxicity is bizarre. It’s nobody’s fault. Again sorry about your mom

Quote Originally Posted by teletech View Post
    I had the same thing happen minus the dying part. All the vaccinated adults got covid. The shit is that contiguous. My fully vaccinated wife sounds like a 70 yr old chain smoker still after 9 days. I completely understand your frustration pano. This blaming people and toxicity is bizarre. It’s nobody’s fault. Again sorry about your mom
    It's truly NOBODY'S fault if EVERYONE is truly doing EVERYTHING they can to keep themselves and other's safe. Short of that, saying "it's nobody's fault" comes across as an attempt to make folks feel better. Now I don't doubt the double and triple vaxxed people really did do EVERYTHING THEY COULD to prevent what happened. Truly sucks that someone got sick and died anyway. However... IF anyone was at that AA meeting unmasked... that person wasn't doing EVERYTHING they could to protect themselves and others. Same goes for inside a ski lodge (on topic). Nobody here intends to infect or harm anybody else. However we all KNOW that our unmasked breath is dangerous and potentially fatal to others, especially inside in close proximity. So, it's only "nobody's fault" WHEN those precautions are taken by EVERYBODY. Shit still happens, but instead of throwing our hands up and saying oh well, it's going to happen anyway so let's just go on with our lives let's act more like we give a fuck that other people we encounter may have to go home to high risk people. Skiing is really our choice for leisure but it's the livelihood of those folks working in the lodge and slinging the chairs. I'm wearing the mask for them more than myself..
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Hear that everyone? It’s Nobody’s fault. Fuck Nobody. Piece of shit, that guy.

I’ll try to right this ship.
    Are we allowed to boot up in the lodge? How about bag lunches? I never boot up in lodge except with my kids. The old days of booting up, eating a brown bag lunch are they coming back. Really only matters on the cold days

Quote Originally Posted by Shorty_J View Post
    This is one of the things I find most frustrating.

If you don't want restrictions, then act like it. Or deal with the consequences.
    To me now its the short term , hopefully, the issue of capacity of the health care system. Spreading out the infection rate over enough time that HC can cope. The anti vaxxers have to be protected from themselves short term . Eventually they will be infected and will roll that dice. The overall death total in the unvaxxed will be the same its just a matter of spreading it out over time. We're going to hit a % of vaxx that won't change or change very little. The hard core minds will not be changed. They are down that rabbit hole and they are not coming out. I do sympathizes though. It is open season in the press on the anti vaxxer. The only ones that could get worse adjectives used in the press would be neo nazis pedos.
    Mrs. Dougw- "I can see how one of your relatives could have been killed by an angry mob."

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    dougW, you motherfucking dirty son of a bitch.

Are we allowed to boot up in the lodge? How about bag lunches? I never boot up in lodge except with my kids. The old days of booting up, eating a brown bag lunch are they coming back. Really only matters on the cold days
    Info I've seen from a few places is proof of vax required in areas where eating and drinking are happening.. Masks required every place else indoors. These seem like reasonable and prudent measures to my paranoid self..

Booting up in the lot and eating a sack lunch never went away. It’s the only thing we did last season

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

21/22 Resort Covid restrictiins

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    Info I've seen from a few places is proof of vax required in areas where eating and drinking are happening.. Masks required every place else indoors. These seem like reasonable and prudent measures to my paranoid self..
    Exactly. And our fucktard “friends” act like these measures are such a big deal. “Where are ze papers?” they’ve said a number of times.

I booted up and had lunch in the lot too. Lot beers are much cheaper. Also had a bbq a few times.
    But prepandemic when my kids were 3 and 5 always packed lunch, hot chocolate and booted up in lodge. You’d meet other families. It would always be a revolving door. One kids cold then one wants to ski, yadda yadda. This was the way I grew up skiing too. College age to kids was always booting in car unless with older relatives.
    Last year at the local epic resort was no booting up in lodge, no brown bagging it. They even had a lady patrolling lodge that yelled at you if you took your boots off. Couple runs, cold feet youre fucked. Don’t take those boots off.
    The cold days I skied last year, when my kids got cold. They would sit in the car with the heat on. I’m not spending $30 for 2 fries and 2 hot chocolates.
    I miss the old days when we would have base camp In the lodge on cold days

I know everyone in the lot(probably the lodge too) why venture inside?

I’m sure everyone knows you. They probably are saying fuck here comes the douchebag. Another 15 minutes of my life listening to how amazing he is. Then watch you beat it down the bunny trail in a matching deadbird outfit with a shovel and probe.
    Skiing with family is supposed to be fun. Sitting in your car to warm up, nor is sitting in your because it’s snowing sideways to dry out isn’t fun for kids.

I’m sure everyone knows you. They probably are saying fuck here comes the douchebag. Another 15 minutes of my life listening to how amazing he is. Then watch you beat it down the bunny trail in a matching deadbird outfit with a shovel and probe.
    Skiing with family is supposed to be fun. Sitting in your car to warm up, nor is sitting in your because it’s snowing sideways to dry out isn’t fun for kids.
    Aw, you’re special. Skiing is fun. When my girls were little we sat in the van with a heater. No motor on. Sometimes we stand by one of the many fire pits with friends. What’s dead bird?

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post

Holy fuck the dumb is strong in this thread.
    ^QFT.

These are the same ppl who failed to understand last year that travel restrictions were about keeping one petri dish from contaminating another petri dish & had nada to do with how “good/ safe/ clean/ careful/ whatev’s” a person thought they could be.

My sincere condolences Pano.

Quote Originally Posted by iriponsnow View Post
    ^QFT.

These are the same ppl who failed to understand last year that travel restrictions were about keeping one petri dish from contaminating another petri dish & had nada to do with how “good/ safe/ clean/ careful/ whatev’s” a person thought they could be.
    This is true from an epidemiology isolationist standpoint.. But also in place to prevent incoming tourist population from becoming too large for the local healthcare infrastructure to manage. Current hospital capacity was definitely a factor on the travel ban status..