Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by teletech View Post
    Can I buy a water? Can I see your vax pass first. Shit, I left it in my car. Sorry bro, waters only for the vaxxed. But I’m thirsty. Run out to your car and grab your vax card. I’ll make sure the $5.00 bottle of water is here when you get back.
    Who are you talking to?

Quote Originally Posted by Thaleia View Post
    Who are you talking to?
    I lol'd. Even better there was an ad playing in the corner showing people laughing too.

Quote Originally Posted by Thaleia View Post
    Who are you talking to?
    I'll bet he doesn't forget his vax card the next time he's thirsty!

Castle Mnt - non vaxx Line-up configurations will remain such that physical distancing can be maintained and no one will be forced to load lifts with others not in their cohort.

We will not require guests to prove their vaccination status, to enjoy a day of skiing or snowboarding.
    Mrs. Dougw- "I can see how one of your relatives could have been killed by an angry mob."

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    dougW, you motherfucking dirty son of a bitch.

Quote Originally Posted by DougW View Post
    Castle Mnt - non vaxx Line-up configurations will remain such that physical distancing can be maintained and no one will be forced to load lifts with others not in their cohort.

We will not require guests to prove their vaccination status, to enjoy a day of skiing or snowboarding.
    They are requiring vaxx to get in the lodge and T-bar.
    Goal: ski in the 2018/19 season

Quote Originally Posted by Shorty_J View Post
    They are requiring vaxx to get in the lodge and T-bar.
    Makes sense- that’s Alberta’s mandate right now for restaurants/bars.

Austria announces lockdown for the unvaccinated. Like, the whole country.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Austria announces lockdown for the unvaccinated. Like, the whole country.
    Fun fact: Austria is about the size of Maine.

Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    Fun fact: Austria is about the size of Maine.
    Fun fact: I've never met an Austrian that I got along with, and I love Mainers.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Anyone dying from covid is tragic... full stop.

But no, I wouldn't be skeptical at all... that's not how statistics work. No 1 person here has a sample size of experience that means shit... that's why we have to listen to the heretic called science.

Plus he was talking about all the adverse effects, which it doesn't sound like his mother got but for some reason that's not relevant in his sample set.

Science knows the vaccine gives you way better odds than without. If anyone possess enough hubris to choose to disbelieve that based on their minute sample size of experience then they are, in fact, an idiot.
    Let’s discuss the facts. For the 11 month period ended December 31, 2020, about 370,000 Americans died from COVID. Tragic and as real as it gets.

In the ten month period ended October 31, 2021, another 400,000 Americans died from COVID. That is while about 50% plus of the population are vaccinated for a good part of the year.

The trendline of deaths never changed, and deaths per quarter for the past year and a half are roughly equal in every time period.

While the storyline is that “vaccination lowers severe COVID and death”, real statistics say otherwise.

Those are the facts, and not opinion. I’d like to understand the science better, care to share it?

BTW I’m double vaxxed and wear a mask in all indoor spaces.

Quote Originally Posted by UrMomsKneePads View Post

While the storyline is that “vaccination lowers severe COVID and death”, real statistics say otherwise.

Those are the facts, and not opinion. I’d like to understand the science better, care to share it?
    Real statistics and facts? Here you go:
    https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...40#post6455940

Samples of 519 people are great to make conclusions on an entire nation, right? Let’s get lost in the slice and dice and call it “science”.

The sample I quoted is 330 million Americans, 370,000 died last year and another 400,000 this year after a majority were vaxxed. No slowing in the pace of deaths to this day.

I am not anti-vax, and encourage all to do so. The data does not support the narrative and “scientific” conclusions.

Samples of 519 people are great to make conclusions on an entire nation, right? Let’s get lost in the slice and dice and call it “science”.

The sample I quoted is 330 million Americans, 370,000 died last year and another 400,000 this year after a majority were vaxxed. No slowing in the pace of deaths to this day.

I am not anti-vax, and encourage all to do so. The data does not support the narrative and “scientific” conclusions.
    What is the percentage dead of vaxxed vs. not? And what does this have to do with skiing inbounds?

All the unvaxxed people can die as far as I care, and I have a few unvaxxed friends, and wouldn't shed a tear. I have lost a lot of friends doing stupid shit.

Yeah but who is dying? Statistically.

In Alberta where I live there are ads from the government indicating that 90+% of those in ICU are unvaccinated. If the deaths are the same but most of those dying are unvaccinated than your point is misguided.

This is from a very right wing government that does not want to admit any of this is happening but even they can't deny the data.

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    What is the percentage dead of vaxxed vs. not? And what does this have to do with skiing inbounds?

All the unvaxxed people can die as far as I care, and I have a few unvaxxed friends, and wouldn't shed a tear. I have lost a lot of friends doing stupid shit.
    That data is not available on a holistic basis. Isn’t that perplexing? But you’ll find “samples” where that ratio is calculated and extrapolated.

But what happens when the holistic data disagrees with the extrapolated samples? Most “scientists” or statisticians would suggest flaws in the sample or experiment.

I encourage all to get vaccinated. Also would shed a tear for my friends or yours, vaxxed or unvaxxed. That’s the thing about a virus, it doesn’t choose based on your beliefs or mine.

All I was pointing out is that the “science” and “data” is suspect in the conclusions. Would love to ski a lap and buy you a beer if we cross paths.

It's absolutely amazing to me how few people understand statistics and how to think critically.

It's fucking depressing, really.

That data is not available on a holistic basis. Isn’t that perplexing? But you’ll find “samples” where that ratio is calculated and extrapolated.

But what happens when the holistic data disagrees with the extrapolated samples? Most “scientists” or statisticians would suggest flaws in the sample or experiment.

I encourage all to get vaccinated. Also would shed a tear for my friends or yours, vaxxed or unvaxxed. That’s the thing about a virus, it doesn’t choose based on your beliefs or mine.

All I was pointing out is that the “science” and “data” is suspect in the conclusions. Would love to ski a lap and buy you a beer if we cross paths.
    I think you should take a holistic lap.

The virus actually does choose based on your beliefs. If you don't believe the vaccine works and you don't get one, you are way more likely to get sick and/or die. Fact. Go ahead and believe whatever you want but you're not allowed to ski around here if you're dumb... that's what the resorts are almost unanimously saying.

Putting the words science and data in quotes makes you sound ridiculous.

I'm all for personal freeedoms. I suggest if those who don't want to get vaxxed are willing to sign a contact saying that they accept that they can't go to the bar or ski and they are willing to be pulled off life support if they are un-vaxxed on a ventilator and a kid who gets hit by a car comes in and needs that bed.

Let's see how strong those convictions are then.

you are way more likely to get sick and/or die. Fact.
    Fact?:

For the 11 month period ended December 31, 2020, about 370,000 Americans died from COVID. Tragic and as real as it gets.

In the ten month period ended October 31, 2021, another 400,000 Americans died from COVID. That is while about 50% plus of the population are vaccinated for a good part of the year.

Fact?:

For the 11 month period ended December 31, 2020, about 370,000 Americans died from COVID. Tragic and as real as it gets.

Do you understand context?

I asked you who is dying... do you know? Vaxxed or unvaxxed?

Both.

Both.
    Very scientific reply.

For your second numbers of 400000 dead, how many of those are vaxxed and how many unvaxxed?

Do you understand context?

I asked you who is dying... do you know? Vaxxed or unvaxxed?
    Kneepads can't seem to make the connection between 80-90 percent unvaxxed in the ICU and who is dying. And how many fewer would be dying if all those unvaxxed were vaxxed. Not the sharpest tool in the shed obviously.

the most beautiful place in the whole wide world
    ffs.. .its like whack-a-mole