Page 37 of 43 FirstFirst ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    You don’t really understand an armorer’s job.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    It looks like they didn't either..
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    Nope, regardless of the gas, if the CAR hits someone the car is what kills them.. If someone waves a toy gun at police and the police shoot them it's the bullet that kills them.

This whole incident just supports the whole concept that it's bullets that should be more regulated. Keep your AK47.. but lead projectile bullets for it should be harder to get than Sudafed is..

In fact, perhaps blanks and wads should be all you can get. You can shoot targets with wads.. at least from 30 feet away or so..
    But a bullet is harmless with the gun powder to fire it right?

A car is harmless without the gas to propel it right?

Explain your answer in great detail to clarify

Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    But a bullet is harmless with the gun powder to fire it right?

A car is harmless without the gas to propel it right?

Explain your answer in great detail to clarify

Nobody is arguing that.. I'm arguing a gun is harmless without bullets.. So regulate bullets better.

FWIW Gun powder's pretty fucking dangerous in all sorts of applications.. Boston Marathon bombing for example..

Push a car that's out of gas down a hill towards people and houses.. God you're stupid..

No real bullets on that set and Halyna Anatoliivna Hutchins doesn't die. Make bullets a LOT harder to get in general and lots of people are saved from senseless deaths..

Nobody is arguing that.. I'm arguing a gun is harmless without bullets.. So regulate bullets better.

FWIW Gun powder's pretty fucking dangerous in all sorts of applications.. Boston Marathon bombing for example..

Push a car that's out of gas down a hill towards people and houses..

No real bullets on that set and Halyna Anatoliivna Hutchins doesn't die. Make bullets a LOT harder to get in general and lots of people are saved from senseless deaths..
    Immediately came to mind…

https://youtu.be/VZrFVtmRXrw

Chris Rock has a plan

Quote Originally Posted by BlazersTimbers503 View Post
    Immediately came to mind…

https://youtu.be/VZrFVtmRXrw
    He's such a moran stop quoting him...

Quote Originally Posted by ötzi View Post
    Chris Rock has a plan

Lol great minds

He's such a moran stop quoting him...
    ^^^ Sig-worthy.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Nope, regardless of the gas, if the CAR hits someone the car is what kills them.. If someone waves a toy gun at police and the police shoot them it's the bullet that kills them.

This whole incident just supports the whole concept that it's bullets that should be more regulated. Keep your AK47.. but lead projectile bullets for it should be harder to get than Sudafed is..

In fact, perhaps blanks and wads should be all you can get. You can shoot targets with wads.. at least from 30 feet away or so..
    Reminds me of the scene in Crash where the shopkeeper tries to shoot the locksmith with blanks his daughter bought by mistake.

All this talk about bullets and cartridges and cars and gas is getting dangerously close to jets on treadmills.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    All this talk about bullets and cartridges and cars and gas is getting dangerously close to jets on treadmills.
    It's true. This thread did take off pages ago.

Rasputin is online now Полые тростник на ветру
    Reminds me of the scene in Crash where the shopkeeper tries to shoot the locksmith with blanks his daughter bought by mistake.

She bought the blanks on purpose (the gun shop guy asked if she was sure about her choice of cartridges, and she insisted), because she didn't want her dad to kill someone.

So anyone mention here, that the scene they were shooting was not supposed to include the gun being fired at all?
    I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things. -אלוהים אדירים

It’s a conspiracy by the bullets to bring down Baldwin

( in borat voice) Isnt America wonderful !
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by Rasputin View Post
    She bought the blanks on purpose (the gun shop guy asked if she was sure about her choice of cartridges, and she insisted), because she didn't want her dad to kill someone.

So anyone mention here, that the scene they were shooting was not supposed to include the gun being fired at all?
    The question of whether or not she knew they were blanks is not agreed upon. To me her insistence was born more out of frustration.

But regardless we should give her credit for choosing the red ones.

Nespotism: not just for men any more.

Fucked up system that would have blanks and cartridges with bullets anywhere near each other.

I’m no where near an expert, but I did grow up with firearms, continue to own them and fire them regularly, and I simply can’t imagine how this happens. If you google “40 cal blanks” - which I chose simply because I fire a 40 more than anything else, the bullet is replaced with an orange plastic wad, or a flat red cap.

Perhaps that’s partly why charges are being filed? It’s too ridiculous of a mistake to be made unintentionally. The fact that it would happen at all is gross negligence although if they can establish motive…

Given it was a revolver being used in a movie I think they needed blanks that resembled bullets.

Quote Originally Posted by Rasputin View Post
    I’ve been wondering about that.
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    This is some wonderful circular logic. I’m all for more stringent gun controls but it’s people that are the problem not cars and projectiles. Do you mean cartridge when you say bullet or just the bullet?

Quote Originally Posted by m2711c View Post
    Yeah that’s been posted already, you’re very clever. I’m not a gun nut and don’t care if ammunition is more expensive. Yes access to firearms and ammunition is too easy but that doesn’t change the fact that people are the problem as with most things.

Quote Originally Posted by m2711c View Post
    This is such an incredibly stupid unrealistic naive mentally masturbating idea.

I thought that guns on movie sets were prop guns, and designed to only be able to fire blanks. That seems like a far more realistic change than magically disappearing all ammunition from the world with the power of your fart sniffing smug.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________
    "We don't need predator control, we need whiner control. Anyone who complains that "the gummint oughta do sumpin" about the wolves and coyotes should be darted, caged, and released in a more suitable habitat for them, like the middle of Manhattan." - Spats

"I'm constantly doing things I can't do. Thats how I get to do them." - Pablo Picasso

Cisco and his wife are fragile idiots who breed morons.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    I’ve been wondering about that.
    I've assumed that's why AB is saying he didn't pull the trigger and it just went off.
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

It is possible he didn't pull the trigger and the gun still went off. From a comment elsewhere:

When two metal parts (hammer and trigger) are ground together, constantly wearing on each other, eventually they can slip apart without the trigger being pulled. The original colt revolvers in fact had a reputation of firing without the trigger being pulled, which is why they were loaded using the “Cowboy load.” Which left one cylinder empty as the firing pin rested directly on the primer on a loaded cylinder, and a sudden jolt caused it to fire. Further with single action revolvers they are susceptible to hammer wear.

I compete in Cowboy Fast draw, again each time a single action is cocked and fired it wears down, and eventually does not lock in the cocked position, slipping and firing without the trigger being pulled, or will lock for a second or two, and the pressure of the spring causes it to slip, firing without the trigger being pulled.

The most common maintenance for single action revolvers is either refacing (adding more material) to the hammer once it stats to slip, or replacing the hammer all together once it gets to worn out. The Ruger Blackhawk Colt replica pistols actually shipped with a warning, instructing how to load with the firing pin on an empty cylinder for this very fact, they have no safety. Ruger had numerous law suits because the Blackhawk model had a habit of firing without the trigger being pulled.

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    It is possible he didn't pull the trigger and the gun still went off. From a comment elsewhere:
    Agreed...I did a bit of digging to just out of curiosity and found something similar. In other words, AB might be telling the truth. Otherwise he was just fucking around pulled the trigger right? Furthermore, if there was no intent to fire the gun in the scene why did the armorer tell him it was loaded with blanks? Why load it with blanks rather than dummy cartridges?
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

The more we peel this onion, the more it stinks.

it's almost like people don't actually know all the facts yet...
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy