Page 23 of 43 FirstFirst ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ... LastLast
    Laughable. Competent armors have done their jobs for years with few incidents.
    This could be a hold my beer moment.

https://www.foxnews.com/live-news/al...-shooting-rust

Alec Baldwin calls for mandatory police to monitor weapon safety on sets following 'Rust' shooting
    Alec Baldwin took to Instagram to share a tweet he penned on his now-private account that declared his desire to see a police officer on sets to monitor weapon safety.

"Every film/TV set that uses guns, fake or otherwise, should have a police officer on set, hired by the production, to specifically monitor weapons safety,” he wrote Monday.

Baldwin has been at the heart of an ongoing debate in show business about the use of real firearms on sets after a live round discharged from a gun he was holding on the set of "Rust" last month resulting in the death of cinematographer Halyna Hutchins.
    In order to properly convert this thread to a polyasshat thread to more fully enrage the liberal left frequenting here...... (insert latest democratic blunder of your choice).

Quote Originally Posted by TNKen View Post
    Laughable.
    I get where he's coming from. But, I'd prefer a quality weapons and safety expert over a rank and file police officer. I've see horror-show gun safety and handling from LEOs.

I'm the first to give props when the police save the day... However, when you have a problem and you invite the police to come help solve the problem.. Sometimes you end up with more problems..
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Oldie but a goodie.

In order to properly convert this thread to a polyasshat thread to more fully enrage the liberal left frequenting here...... (insert latest democratic blunder of your choice).

Baldwin would be dead if a police officer was present. Officer would observe Baldwin shoot the producer and take out the active shooter.
    "You're young and you got your health, what do you want with a job?"

Quote Originally Posted by Crusty View Post
    Baldwin would be dead if a police officer was present. Officer would observe Baldwin shoot the producer and take out the active shooter.
    That scenario probably wouldn’t occur to a narcissist.

LOL! And if there was a "good guy with a gun" on set, at least 4 others would be dead.
    Pew
    Pew
    Pew

Quote Originally Posted by Carl_Mega View Post
    I get where he's coming from. But, I'd prefer a quality weapons and safety expert over a rank and file police officer. I've see horror-show gun safety and handling from LEOs.
    Seriously. See Exhibit "A":
    Oldie but a goodie.

Hahahahaha. That one's a classic.

Quote Originally Posted by MontuckyFried View Post
    Seriously. See Exhibit "A":

Hahahahaha. That one's a classic.
    I decided I can’t watch it

I think it’s time to revisit the rittenhouse thread

Lots to talk about
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

Not sure Baldwin thought this through very well. Think about the movie set when the party gets started. Everyone is excited, especially the cop.

Quote Originally Posted by MTT View Post
    I decided I can’t watch it
    Dude. It's ok. Guy seriously just walks it off. Thankfully he was ok in the end. Probably fired, but at least alive.

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    I'm the first to give props when the police save the day... However, when you have a problem and you invite the police to come help solve the problem.. Sometimes you end up with more problems..
    Or with no problems, permanently.

Quote Originally Posted by MontuckyFried View Post
    Dude. It's ok. Guy seriously just walks it off. Thankfully he was ok in the end. Probably fired, but at least alive.
    Not initially fired. When the video leaked, he sued the DEA and its supervisors for damaging his reputation. I think they eventually parted company.

Damaging his rep lol. Dude should be happy he only shot his foot when it wasn’t in his mouf

Lawsuit filed against Baldwin, et al.

https://deadline.com/2021/11/alec-ba...oy-1234871615/

Whole lotta he said she said about who actually loaded the gun and who actually handed it to Baldwin declaring it cold.. The latter should be super easy to document.

Odds he didn't pull the trigger? Was it cocked when it was handed to Baldwin?? I can visualize a cocked hammer malfunction fire more than a non cocked gun malfunction that fires..

Humm.....

"I didn't pull the trigger." Idiot. It just magically went off.....

On a single action western gun, if you have the trigger pulled and cock the gun, when your thumb comes off the hammer spur, the hammer drops and the gun fires.

Hence how you "fan" a single action revolver.

"I didn't pull the trigger." Idiot. It just magically went off.....

On a single action western gun, if you have the trigger pulled and cock the gun, when your thumb comes off the hammer spur, the hammer drops and the gun fires.

Hence how you "fan" a single action revolver.
    Yep. That’s one of the possibilities. Remember the complaints of accidental discharges in days prior.

There were cameras everywhere. Whatever happened it’s recorded somewhere

Baldwin is showing his arrogance. He should really keep his mouth shut. He does not control the narrative or the flow of information

His repeated utterances will surely be used by "the man."

If the scene required him to fire the gun it certainly seems like--as an actor--he would fire the gun. I think it's a defense mechanism for Baldwin. He just can't bear the fact that he was the one who pulled the trigger and killed someone.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    I think it's a defense mechanism for Baldwin. He just can't bear the fact that he was the one who pulled the trigger and killed someone.
    I know it will be difficult for the hard-edge types in this thread but this^ PTSD type of revisioning of events is not uncommon. Being put in a position where you kill someone makes you a victim IMHO and lawd knows what sort of sanity safeguards your brain makes to keep the mental anguish at bay. Could it be a calculated, narrative crafted by a lawyer and a sociopath? Sure. But I'm not jumping there right off and there's a reason that eyewitness testimony is generally shit evidence.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    If the scene required him to fire the gun it certainly seems like--as an actor--he would fire the gun. I think it's a defense mechanism for Baldwin. He just can't bear the fact that he was the one who pulled the trigger and killed someone.
    Yup. Memory is a funny thing - it's not static and I'm sure that is what he has to tell himself so he can get up every day and put one foot in front of the other. It seems obvious to me from what I've heard and read that he had no intent and believed the gun was properly loaded with blanks.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Quote Originally Posted by Carl_Mega View Post
    I know it will be difficult for the hard-edge types in this thread but this^ PTSD type of revisioning of events is not uncommon. Being put in a position where you kill someone makes you a victim IMHO and lawd knows what sort of sanity safeguards your brain makes to keep the mental anguish at bay. Could it be a calculated, narrative crafted by a lawyer and a sociopath? Sure. But I'm not jumping there right off and there's a reason that eyewitness testimony is generally shit evidence.
    Yep. Someone who experiences significant trauma is a terrible evaluator of what actually happened. I never forget reading a piece in the NYT by Jennifer Thompson, a rape victim who identified her attacker repeatedly, he was convicted, retried, convicted again. She was certain he was the man who raped her. Except he wasn't.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    Yup. Memory is a funny thing - it's not static and I'm sure that is what he has to tell himself so he can get up every day and put one foot in front of the other. It seems obvious to me from what I've heard and read that he had no intent and believed the gun was properly loaded with blanks.
    I don’t think he murdered. Her

I do know people human nature I think Baldwin was involved in using live rounds in “His Gun”

I would not be surprised if he had been bending and breaking many movie set safety rules. - to tragedy

I would not be surprised if the dumb ass was walking around in costume with the “Loaded”. 45 on his hip. Would you really be surprised if that comes out
    Own your fail. ~Jer~