Page 2 of 43 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    Sounds like a Columbo episode where they replace the prop gun with a real gun.
    all prop guns are real guns, They just have blanks in them.

Baldwin is an ass, but this is not his fault.

Someone tied to Trump set him up for his SNL bits!

The random uninformed speculation in this thread is staggering.

^^^ Are you new here? Cuz random uninformed speculation is kind of our thing.
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.

I guess some people have never been to the movies? Because safe firearm handling ain’t the thing there. Or maybe maggot Chekhovs gun is leave it safely in the gun cabinet?

Quote Originally Posted by MontuckyFried View Post
    True. Even blanks can absolutely eff somebody up. That's why it doesn't matter if it's real bullets or blanks. Safety still needs to be #1 priority on (and off) set.
    Who was that guy in the mid 80s who died on set after he fired a blank at his temple?

Quote Originally Posted by mooseknuckle View Post
    He is a horrible and narcissistic human being, but I can’t help feeling for anyone who accidentally takes the life of another. I wonder whether a New York lib who probably has zero idea about how to safely handle a gun received any firearms training. Every gun is always loaded is the rule I began with at age 7. Always check and never point even an empty gun in an unsafe direction. No finger on trigger until it is pointed toward a target you intend to hit. Hope this asshole uses his prominence to try to make a difference in getting safety messages out. About the best I could think may be able to come from this.

Real question for me is how did an actual bullet get into the gun that killed Brandon Lee?
    Oh, sure, the gun owners of America are all going to listen to him talk about gun safety. Right.

Quote Originally Posted by muted reborn View Post
    It’s the internets. Everybody is Columbo on the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Oh, sure, the gun owners of America are all going to listen to him talk about gun safety. Right.
    Haha. You got that right. One does have to appreciate the irony a bit, though: That a Hollywood doosh who's been vocally anti-gun, ends up freaking killing somebody with a gun. However, that may end up making him say "SEE?! Guns ARE sooper bad! I TOLD you so!" But seriously, though. Poor guy. This is going to haunt him forever, and I do really feel bad for him on that front. Nobody deserves that.

Quote Originally Posted by Skistack View Post
    We need a Venn diagram off who had a motive and access to the prop gun.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    My first thought when I heard about this, but as others have pointed out he is a douchebag in the 1st degree so many would be suspects. Sort of like Murder on the Orient Express. People mess around with guns like they're toys, carelessness. That being said, I can't imagine how he must feel. Tragic.

Posting now in this hot thread before it inevitably gets sent to polyass

This is why light sabers are so much safer. If they're energized, there's no doubt.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Light saber safety matters Name:  IMG_5141.JPG
Views: 653
Size:  145.1 KB

I worked as a set medic many years ago on Ron Howard’s The Missing, also a western, filmed here in NM…..ANYTIME firearms were involved, it was a BFD…..Like said above, chain of custody, pre-shoot walkthrough, it seemed to me that it was taken very seriously. But even after all that, one of the extras got blasted in the face from a shotgun firing blanks at about ten feet…..I was already running when I saw it happen….Dude recovered, but his face looked like a pin cushion and his head swelled up like a pumpkin. Scary shit. RIP to the DP, from the outpouring on Twitter she seemed like a genuinely good person……
    What we have here is an intelligence failure. You may be familiar with staring directly at that when shaving. .
    -Ottime
    One man can only push so many boulders up hills at one time.
    -BMillsSkier

Quote Originally Posted by muted reborn View Post
    You think this is bad, check out the comments in the OP article. Fucking idiots, makes me ashamed of my town.

I know, “Never read the comments.”

From the NYT online:

The details of what happened on the “Rust” set remained unclear on Friday morning. Larry Zanoff, an armorer for films who worked on the set of “Django Unchained” and was not involved in “Rust,” said that in general, only blank ammunition — a cartridge case with no bullet — is sanctioned on a film set. Productions sometimes use prop guns, such as rubber guns or replica guns, but oftentimes they use actual firearms firing blanks, he said.

“The safety guidelines that we live by on television and movie sets prohibit the use of live ammunition on a set,” he said. A production will typically institute rules for keeping a safe distance from the muzzle of the gun, which is usually 20 feet, he added.

Still doesn't explain it,

Who was that guy in the mid 80s who died on set after he fired a blank at his temple?

From the same article
    In 1984, the actor Jon-Erik Hexum accidentally shot himself in the head and died when he was playing Russian roulette on set.

I was once in charge of a TV shoot where we recreated a very famous western shootout. One of our actors, playing a well-known old west badass, needed to fire a shotgun at a pivotal moment in the shootout. That was his only moment on camera so we hadn't done any real casting/tested his skillset before that day. For rehearsal, we asked him to get into position and pretend to fire (the gun was unloaded of course) so we could practice our camera move. The actor proceeded to hoist the shotgun up on his shoulder and hold it like it was an RPG. He was super confused when we explained that wasn't how to hold a shotgun. Dude just had no idea/had somehow managed to go through life never even seeing someone hold a shotgun before.

Anyways, point is, if our team had somehow let that RPG shotgun guy shoot someone there's no way on earth it would have been his fault. I would guess there's a 99.99% chance Alec's in the same situation. If someone gets shot on set there are countless people at fault, but the actor is very likely not one of them.

What I'm trying to wrap my head around is how the DP and director both got drilled. If they were rolling, the director would be over on the monitor and the DP behind the camera or near it. This had to be a walkthrough or rehearsal for a steadicam shot? The whole scenario is just unimaginable to me.

The greatest N. New Mexico resort in Colorado
    I would like to know how they handled firearms on the set of say, the John Wick movies, where they're blasting hundreds of rounds in every conceivable direction in immediate proximity. I would hope they added the muzzle flashes and sounds in post.

Perhaps it's time to, oh I don't know, use CGI in place of blank cartridges on film sets? Seems like we have the technology to make sure something like this doesn't happen again.

The greatest N. New Mexico resort in Colorado
    Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    I guess some people have never been to the movies? Because safe firearm handling ain’t the thing there.
    Or in the real world, for that matter.

Quote Originally Posted by mooseknuckle View Post
    Real question for me is how did an actual bullet get into the gun that killed Brandon Lee?
    They had a scene where they needed what looked like loaded bullets in a revolver. The shells were loaded with an actual primer and a bullet, with no powder. At some point the gun was fired, and the bullet was pushed from the cylinder to the barrel. Then the ammo was changed for blanks for a shooting scene. The blank charge drove the bullet out of the barrel. Blanks can generate huge pressures if the burning powder is contained behind a bullet

I am wondering if there were any cameras rolling at the time of the tragic incident.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Quote Originally Posted by Toadman View Post
    I am wondering if there were any cameras rolling at the time of the tragic incident.
    One would assume so, UNLESS... dn dn dnnnnn ...person killed was "Epsteined"! Queue incoming conspiracy theories of how they had dirt on Alec Baldwin, which of course I'm sure there's lots of dirt on that guy. For sure.

FTR, I don't really think this is the case. Just looking forward to seeing the countless conspiracy stuff we're bound to hear about soon. Haha.

Yeah, haha, that's hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by I Skied Bandini Mountain View Post
    What I'm trying to wrap my head around is how the DP and director both got drilled. If they were rolling, the director would be over on the monitor and the DP behind the camera or near it. This had to be a walkthrough or rehearsal for a steadicam shot? The whole scenario is just unimaginable to me.
    I read somewhere (Deadline maybe) that it was a rehearsal