Page 8 of 43 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
    I'll admit I did buy a couple Weekly World News back in the day, but I was never a subscriber. So that qualifies me for speculation.

I'm assuming it was a real bullet as it sounds like it went through someone. So where did that bullet come from? Most likely same deal as Brandon Lee? I would assume they were doing closeups so they may have had real slugs on the set. But it is not outside the realm of possibility that this is foul play- people can be nuts and do crazy shit. Someone loads the gun planning to use it later for suicide or to threaten someone and then it gets moved. The movie was about a homicide accident- maybe Baldwin did go nuts with affluenza and needed the high only killing someone can give and figured they would never suspect him!

The other big safety issue is one that reminds me of something that could happen in outdoor situations- someone who is not an expert acts like one.

Every thread seems to be turning into conspiracy theories lately. Hanlon's razor.

Rasputin is online now Полые тростник на ветру
    Quote Originally Posted by Garbowski View Post
    The other big safety issue is one that reminds me of something that could happen in outdoor situations- someone who is not an expert acts like one.
    Or maybe the daughter of a well known Hollywood armorer gets the job because of her dad, not even being confident of her ability to do the job.......
    I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things. -אלוהים אדירים

Quote Originally Posted by Rasputin View Post
    Or maybe the daughter of a well known Hollywood armorer gets the job because of her dad, not even being confident of her ability to do the job.......
    ^ this

Alec Baldwin WTF

Quote Originally Posted by Rasputin View Post
    It wasn’t her first gig and reportedly apparently she was very serious and professional. The confidence quote circulating was apparently prior to her first time as a lead, not this movie. My money is on the AD causing the train wreck
    Last edited by mcski; 10-25-2021 at 09:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mcski View Post
    It wasn’t her first gig and reportedly apparently was very serious and professional. The confidence quote circulating was apparently prior to her first time as a lead, not this movie. My money is on the AD causing the train wreck
    I dunno. According to a few stories, including from her own words not too long ago on a podcast, she was nervous about taking the job.
    https://news.yahoo.com/rust-24-old-a...144303597.html
    And besides, she's only 24. Kinda young to be head armorer on a production IMO. Lot of layers to this onion, so I'm hesitant to throw her under the bus just yet. Either multiple people screwed up in several ways (most likely) or it was intentional (-hopefully- quite unlikely).

According to the search warrant the guns were on a cart outside the set because of COVID-19 safety protocols. The cast and crew had been preparing for the scene before lunch but then took a meal break away from the rehearsal area around 12:30 p.m. The director said there should never be live rounds whatsoever, near or around the scene.

When they came back from lunch the assistant director did not know live rounds were in the gun that he handed to Baldwin, and yelled “cold gun,” according to the affidavit. A creeping shadow prompted the camera to be moved to a different angle. Alec Baldwin was practicing removing a revolver from its holster and aiming toward the camera during rehearsal. While practicing the gun discharged, striking Hutchins in her chest and Souza in his right shoulder.

https://www.latimes.com/entertainmen...search-warrant

JFC. “I’m going to publicly share my completely uninformed opinion trashing someone, yet qualify it so I can go back later and convince myself I wasn’t wrong”.

Quote Originally Posted by MultiVerse View Post
    According to the search warrant the guns were on cart outside the set because of COVID-19 safety protocols.
    But hey! At least nobody on set died of COVID!

Speculation & libelous whispering used to be called gossip and was usually harmless.

Now that “gossip” can be shared with thousands immediately, it is dangerous.

Apparently the "armor" on the set was very inexperienced. On some of the gun boards I frequent, several of the folks there have worked movie sets. Everything is scripted and double/triple checked. Persons entering the set are searched for ammunition, etc.

There was a company called Stembridge that provided movie props. Back around 2000 they decided to sell their inventory of machine guns when prices on them went through the roof. I had the chance to buy several, and ended up passing because although they had movie provenance, they were typically beat to hell. The full and semi auto's had blank adapters threaded into the barrels. I was looking at two of the guns pretty hard, one was the M-60 from Rambo, and the other the Mini-gun from Predator. Wish I had bought the Mini-Gun.
    In order to properly convert this thread to a polyasshat thread to more fully enrage the liberal left frequenting here...... (insert latest democratic blunder of your choice).

Guy who used to be my guitar teacher still has the '57 Strat he bought in 1975 for $700. He still kills with it.

Quote Originally Posted by highangle View Post
    Guy who used to be my guitar teacher still has the '57 Strat he bought in 1975 for $700. He still kills with it.

This seems relevant

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Asking ammosexuals, is it possible for a blank wad to come out of the barrel in more than one piece? That would explain how two people were hit with one shot wouldn't it?? if the wad split apart as it was discharged??
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Quote Originally Posted by TNKen View Post
    Apparently the "armor" on the set was very inexperienced. On some of the gun boards I frequent, several of the folks there have worked movie sets. Everything is scripted and double/triple checked. Persons entering the set are searched for ammunition, etc.

There was a company called Stembridge that provided movie props. Back around 2000 they decided to sell their inventory of machine guns when prices on them went through the roof. I had the chance to buy several, and ended up passing because although they had movie provenance, they were typically beat to hell. The full and semi auto's had blank adapters threaded into the barrels. I was looking at two of the guns pretty hard, one was the M-60 from Rambo, and the other the Mini-gun from Predator. Wish I had bought the Mini-Gun.
    Ahh, I thought Arnold and minigun and couldnt believe you passed that up. Then realized i was thinking of T2:

Quote Originally Posted by MontuckyFried View Post
    I dunno. According to a few stories, including from her own words not too long ago on a podcast, she was nervous about taking the job.
    https://news.yahoo.com/rust-24-old-a...144303597.html
    And besides, she's only 24. Kinda young to be head armorer on a production IMO. Lot of layers to this onion, so I'm hesitant to throw her under the bus just yet. Either multiple people screwed up in several ways (most likely) or it was intentional (-hopefully- quite unlikely).
    You hope it was intentional?

Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post
    No. That came out wrong. Woops. Meant that any intentionality was hopefully unlikely, and indeed not the case.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post
    Don Trump Jr does.

You guys are so slow to put 2 and 2 together. Obviously Hillary did this. Adds to her lengthy kill list.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Keystone is fucking lame. But, deadly.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinnikinnick View Post
    You guys are so slow to put 2 and 2 together. Obviously Hillary did this. Adds to her lengthy kill list.

I exposed that truth on page 6 of this thread. But I’m glad more mags are waking up and no longer being sheep. Study it out people!

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyCarter View Post
    Ahh, I thought Arnold and minigun and couldnt believe you passed that up. Then realized i was thinking of T2:
    Same gun. Ask on it was $115,000 at the time. Last time it sold the ask was $345,000.

If you notice, the gun is offset to the right. The sheer rotational force of the barrels was enough that the gun had to be mounted when fired. And the bounce when dropped on the floor.

Back to the original subject, tons of ways to fire a blank. The blank cartridge can be crimped to close it, but the crimp often imbeds in the chamber making it hard to eject. The cartridge can be "normal" straight walled, and closed with either pressed in paper or wax to hold the powder in place.

Someone mentioned cowboy action shooting. I think most of those "blank" cartridges contain coarse-ground corn to pop the balloon, much like a shotgun.
    In order to properly convert this thread to a polyasshat thread to more fully enrage the liberal left frequenting here...... (insert latest democratic blunder of your choice).

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    Asking ammosexuals, is it possible for a blank wad to come out of the barrel in more than one piece? That would explain how two people were hit with one shot wouldn't it?? if the wad split apart as it was discharged??
    This person thinks it's possible..

The glue seal on the blank, which allows it to build up pressure, whether remaining as a single piece intact or broken into pieces, also becomes a projectile and at very close range it will make a hole in anything it hits.
    https://www.quora.com/What-are-the-d...-blank-bullets
    One shot, two injuries with no lead bullet.. We shall see what really happened though. A bullet isn't impossible, I just think the above is more likely on a movie set..
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Holy crap on that gun price

Quote Originally Posted by old_newguy View Post
    Some of you need to read this.

https://www.wnycstudios.org/podcasts...s-handbook-pdf

1. In the immediate aftermath, news outlets will get it wrong.

2. Don't trust anonymous sources.

3. Don't trust stories that cite another news outlet as the source of the information.

5. Pay attention to the language the media uses.

6. Look for news outlets close to the incident.

7. Compare multiple sources.

8. Big news brings out the fakers. And Photoshoppers.

9. Beware reflexive retweeting. Some of this is on you.

Thanks to Twitter and Facebook, youare a repeater and reporter of information, both good and bad. It is up to you to apply scrutiny to the information you encounter to avoid passing amplifying the same bad information you hope to filter out.
    I would agree, with some exceptions. For breaking news stories of events like school shootings, yes, anonymous sources are unreliable (as are many named sources). For investigative type stories, like a political scandal, unfortunately anonymous sources are the only reason we learn what's going on. As far as citing other news orgs as a source, it depends on the source. WP and NYT frequently cite each other. Depends on the reliability of the original news org, and reputable media will follow up with their own reporting.

Re handling firearms--the last time I shot a gun was at summer camp, but my understanding is that it is the responsibility of every one who handles a gun to determine themselves whether or not it is loaded and not just take someone's word for it. That would include the actor, wouldn't it?

Yeah, I had them talked down to $105,000 plus an armor's class for it.

As hi-tech as graphic designers are today, I just can't imagine that for most scenes, why an airsoft or totally non-firing gun wouldn't serve the same purpose. Except of course for John Wick.