Page 11 of 43 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    Half this forum will be dying off in 15 yrs from old age, let's not hasten things.
    So who gets your mistress?
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

Half this forum will be dying off in 15 yrs from old age, let's not hasten things.
    15yrs? I love your optimism!

Quote Originally Posted by muted reborn View Post
    is that a suicide shaming pic?
    not how i read it

gun "trained professional" shaming [competition shooter]

but, yeah, not someone's best moment

but, also, maybe suggestive of evidence someone should not be around guns

Quote Originally Posted by subtle plague View Post
    So who gets your mistress?
    I'll start a contest.

Quote Originally Posted by mcski View Post
    15yrs? I love your optimism!
    I was generous. The only people left will be Stealyface and some new dudes who've aged out of Newschoolers. If advertisers want to catch the age demographic of this place, they should be posting sidebar ads for Depends and Long Term Care facilities instead of Yeti bags.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

I'll start a contest.

I was generous. The only people left will be Stealyface and some new dudes who've aged out of Newschoolers.
    Glademaster will be left too. Still miserable, but alive.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Yeah, he's like a old man in a young man's body.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Deadpool.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

I'll start a contest
    for who gets stuck with her therapy bills when you go out like Nelson Rockefeller?

Definitely need naked pics.

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    for who gets stuck with her therapy bills when you go out like Nelson Rockefeller?
    Oh, I'll bet bills were the last of that girl's problems after the Rockefeller lawyers sweet talked her into a NDA.

Quote Originally Posted by Atrain505 View Post
    Here’s the issue with a 24 year old armorer who has one feature under her belt now being asked to do, while still a low budget, a big ass film for her with extremely well known talent. Her job is about safety.

When you have a much more experienced older guy whose job it is to keep everyone on time and on schedule and that sometimes involves yelling at people to move it along and he is the most stressed guy on set because the producers are breathing down his neck to keep things on time so their budget doesn’t balloon, and he takes a gun from the cart because he wants to help and speed things up, when someone is 24 they probably are not going to speak up and say, “STOP. You can’t do that. Only me or my team hands guns to actors. You never do.” The 1st AD has the power to fire her or recommend her to be fired to the producers.

Would any of you at 24 have spoke up to your boss who is probably 20+ years your senior?

That’s the issue with having a young person do a job that is 100% about safety and 100% about taking control of unsafe situations.

The 1st AD should never be handling guns on set. They have way, way too much on their mind/plate. They are the glue that holds every single department together and on time.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    they interviewed an experianced prop master/ armorer on the cbc and he pretty much was saying all this, also talked about having experianced people and knowing the people you work with and that standards have fallen as of late

I'm pretty sure he used the exact words that the there is too much going on for anyone but the armorer to handle the guns

if Atrain505 is an armorer or propmaster I would take his word about how weapons are handled on set in the film industry

as opposed a bunch of drug store cowboys
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Glademaster will be left too. Still miserable, but alive.
    Maybe he can have a Band? With the usual suspects? I mean benny will be dead but buttah could learn the base and I can see dunfree on the drums.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLQ2TIul8pI
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

I’m rick Allen with two left arms on drums.

Why did you save that pic? Yeesh that was a sad night on the trg
    Last edited by babybear; 10-28-2021 at 11:29 AM. Reason: removing attachment
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by huckbucket View Post
    Wish we cared as much about dissecting the circumstances leading to each death from covid. The mistakes would be equally shocking.
    Seems all the scrutiny expired when the current administration took over.

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    if Atrain505 is an armorer or propmaster I would take his word about how weapons are handled on set in the film industry

as opposed a bunch of drug store cowboys
    I’m a cinematographer/DOP who in the last five years has shot plenty of shows with guns involved. I shoot non union stuff (because as one of the higher ups on smaller shows I can lobby for sensible 10hr shooting days vs the 14-16 hour days union sets often do which is a big reason why the union could strike soon), but the safety procedures and the jobs on set are the same. Also during my early ski film days I would spend the summers as a union lighting technician on up to 200 million dollar movies. So I know this world well. From low to big budgets.

This one hits close to home not only because I share a job title with the victim but the movie ranch where this occurred is very near my parents home where I grew up. We drove by often.

Guns scare the shit out of me. It is the primary reason I choose to hunt alone. Is hunting with other people more fun? Maybe. But then I have to worry about more than one gun. I'd rather just enjoy the woods.

Always the checklist before pulling the trigger even when sighting on a fleeting target that might disappear in the meantime

This whole thing is terrible.

A gun on a movie set is still a gun. Hard to believe so many layers of basic gun safety were complety ignored.

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by uglymoney View Post
    Hard to believe so many layers of basic gun safety were complety ignored
    I find it completely believable

Safety is a pain in the ass & people can’t be bothered being rigorous about it. The more annoying stuff gets avoided, and they still pat themselves on the back as being “responsible.”

Quote Originally Posted by Atrain505 View Post
    I’m a cinematographer/DOP who in the last five years has shot plenty of shows with guns involved. I shoot non union stuff (because as one of the higher ups on smaller shows I can lobby for sensible 10hr shooting days vs the 14-16 hour days union sets often do which is a big reason why the union could strike soon), but the safety procedures and the jobs on set are the same. Also during my early ski film days I would spend the summers as a union lighting technician on up to 200 million dollar movies. So I know this world well. From low to big budgets.

This one hits close to home not only because I share a job title with the victim ]
    so what I am to understand is the protocols around handling a weapon on a move set are different than what a normal gun user would follow

so now all these people who have no clue are commenting about gun handling on social media ?

the propmaster/ armorer they interviewed on CBC was also pretty torn up over the death of one of their own,

one of your people was killed tragicaly
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by uglymoney View Post
    Guns scare the shit out of me. It is the primary reason I choose to hunt alone. Is hunting with other people more fun? Maybe. But then I have to worry about more than one gun. I'd rather just enjoy the woods.
    Not a bad call. Just ask Dick Cheney.

In my former life in the wildlife business, ran into idiots with guns routinely. There were two brothers who were especially bad. One was squirrel hunting, got snow in the end of his shotgun barrel and blew the side out of it on a shot. Then tried to tie a handkerchief around it to keep using it. Took a "brush shot" while turkey hunting and put 8 pellets of 00 buck into his brother's hip and thighs.

Supposedly the prosecutors office made a statement that everything was still on the table as far as criminal charges go. Betting someone will get, at a minimum, reckless handling of a firearm charge, perhaps involuntary manslaughter or reckless homicide.
    In order to properly convert this thread to a polyasshat thread to more fully enrage the liberal left frequenting here...... (insert latest democratic blunder of your choice).

I'd be more worried about other hunters out there I wasn't aware of than those in my own group. Both are additional risk though..

Back on topic... Despite my utter disbelief this could be the case.. national news this morning said there are indications that there were actual real bullets found on the set. Not sure if it was the crime scene folks or witnesses who were saying that though. So, we're back to WTF from careless freak accident with blanks..
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Quote Originally Posted by TNKen View Post
    In my former life in the wildlife business, ran into idiots with guns routinely. There were two brothers who were especially bad. One was squirrel hunting, got snow in the end of his shotgun barrel and blew the side out of it on a shot. Then tried to tie a handkerchief around it to keep using it. Took a "brush shot" while turkey hunting and put 8 pellets of 00 buck into his brother's hip and thighs.

Supposedly the prosecutors office made a statement that everything was still on the table as far as criminal charges go. Betting someone will get, at a minimum, reckless handling of a firearm charge, perhaps involuntary manslaughter or reckless homicide.
    And yet there was a local defense attorney in the paper this morning lamenting the “chilling effect” on movie production here in NM if criminal charges are filed…..Apparently $>lives…..
    What we have here is an intelligence failure. You may be familiar with staring directly at that when shaving. .
    -Ottime
    One man can only push so many boulders up hills at one time.
    -BMillsSkier

I think it is pretty clear that live ammunition was on the set and that the firearms had been used earlier with live ammunition.
    In order to properly convert this thread to a polyasshat thread to more fully enrage the liberal left frequenting here...... (insert latest democratic blunder of your choice).

Quote Originally Posted by TNKen View Post
    I think it is pretty clear that live ammunition was on the set and that the firearms had been used earlier with live ammunition.
    "live ammunition" in movie set terminology = blanks. You can plink cans with blanks, from up to 20 feet away..

People who say that an accident like that can't happen with blanks have never shot blanks.. But, real bullets make it bound to happen.. Blanks far less likely but still possible..
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!