Page 10 of 43 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    I can’t believe that they have a safety meeting before handling the firearms

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    A golden nugget in a river of shit
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

Quote Originally Posted by mcski View Post
    Holy crap on that gun price
    "It's a damn mini-gun!!!"

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    "It's a damn mini-gun!!!"
    WTF do I know? I’d definitely be calling that a Maxi-gun

Quote Originally Posted by Atrain505 View Post

When you have a much more experienced older guy whose job it is to keep everyone on time and on schedule and that sometimes involves yelling at people to move it along and he is the most stressed guy on set because the producers are breathing down his neck to keep things on time so their budget doesn’t balloon, and he takes a gun from the cart because he wants to help and speed things up, when someone is 24 they probably are not going to speak up and say, “STOP. You can’t do that. Only me or my team hands guns to actors. You never do.” The 1st AD has the power to fire her or recommend her to be fired to the producers.

Would any of you at 24 have spoke up to your boss who is probably 20+ years your senior?

That’s the issue with having a young person do a job that is 100% about safety and 100% about taking control of unsafe situations.

As a very full of myself 4th year med student on an anesthesia rotation I was asked to fill in for a nurse anesthetist on a case. The patient was on the table. The surgeons were ready to go and chomping at the bit. The anesthesia machine was all set up, drugs were drawn up. All I had to do was inject an anesthetic and paralyzing drug and start bagging the patient. But when I started to bag the patient nothing happened. The attending anesthesiologist showed me that the ambubag had the tip cut off. He showed me how to ventilate the patient by pressing the gas button on the machine and handed me an intact ambubag to replace the one they use to humble haughty med students and teach them to always check everything yourself and don't be rushed.

Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post
    If a pipe bursts in the ceiling above your OR and starts raining dirty water down onto your patient you’re not gonna be liable for damages (although of course you and everyone involved would be named). At some level you are delegating responsibility to others. A pilot does a walk around but doesn’t climb into the fuel tanks or crawl through the holds inspecting wiring.

Expecting an actor to be trained like an expert to ensure gun safety on set is silly. Should they also do brake inspections on any vehicles they might be asked to drive?
    As a surgeon it is not my job to ground the patient to the electric cautery machine but it is my responsibility to be sure they are fully grounded so they won't be burned. (Nowadays the machines can detect if there is excessive resistance and won't work but in the past that was not the case and burns were not rare.) It is my responsibility to make sure there are no sponges left in the patient even if the nurses tell me the count is correct.

If I were an actor about to do a stunt driving scene myself I would certainly drive an unfamiliar car a bit before doing any high speed driving. Wouldn't you?

I can't imagine pulling the trigger on a firearm without knowing for sure what if anything it is loaded with. You don't have to be an expert to do that. I would expect to be given a quick instruction in the operation of any firearm I wasn't familiar with before using it. But I'm weird. I even use the guard on the table saw in the Truckee RH even though it's a Saw Stop. (And I know a couple of members who won't use it because they were hit by kickbacks because they weren't using the guard.)

I'm done with this subject. I just hope I'm never around some of you if there are guns around.

In this case Baldwin is more like the surgical drill…not the surgeon.

And if you’re being honest your grounding and sponge examples are different than making sure the overhead lamp is screwed into the ceiling. You’re proving my point.

What is truckee rh?

You know, if a few of you just read the firearms guidance from the SAG you would have a lot fewer words to write.

WTF do I know? I’d definitely be calling that a Maxi-gun
    I was quoting the movie...

Here’s the issue with a 24 year old armorer who has one feature under her belt now being asked to do, while still a low budget, a big ass film for her with extremely well known talent. Her job is about safety.

When you have a much more experienced older guy whose job it is to keep everyone on time and on schedule and that sometimes involves yelling at people to move it along and he is the most stressed guy on set because the producers are breathing down his neck to keep things on time so their budget doesn’t balloon, and he takes a gun from the cart because he wants to help and speed things up, when someone is 24 they probably are not going to speak up and say, “STOP. You can’t do that. Only me or my team hands guns to actors. You never do.” The 1st AD has the power to fire her or recommend her to be fired to the producers.

Would any of you at 24 have spoke up to your boss who is probably 20+ years your senior?

That’s the issue with having a young person do a job that is 100% about safety and 100% about taking control of unsafe situations.

The 1st AD should never be handling guns on set. They have way, way too much on their mind/plate. They are the glue that holds every single department together and on time.

Having not read every post in this thread, I thank you Atrain505 for this. While there is no excuse for Baldwin failing to check the weapon prior to firing, I could see Atrain's scenario playing out and a (fully preventable) accident happening.
    “I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different.”
    ― Kurt Vonnegut, A Man Without a Country

www.mymountaincoop.ca

This is OUR mountain - come join us!

the end loser would say " you don't know how to use this computer ?"

to which i would answer without missing beat " does the jet pilot fix his own airplane ? "

Its best if you say it real fast
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Alec Baldwin WTF

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.the...-practice/amp/

The crew was using the gun that morning to shoot live ammo.

Quote Originally Posted by kathleenturneroverdrive View Post
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.the...-practice/amp/

The crew was using the gun that morning to shoot live ammo.
    I've done some "plinking" with blanks.. Still doubt they used actual bullets.

Got a friend who does this for fun.. This will give folks an idea of how dangerous blanks are at 10 feet away..
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Wish we cared as much about dissecting the circumstances leading to each death from covid. The mistakes would be equally shocking.

Quote Originally Posted by huckbucket View Post
    Wish we cared as much about dissecting the circumstances leading to each death from covid. The mistakes would be equally shocking.
    We used to…remember those first few cases? The cruise ship, etc?

Quote Originally Posted by huckbucket View Post
    Pretty sure there's a whole thread on it. Perhaps you missed it?
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    Pretty sure there's a whole thread on it. Perhaps you missed it?
    Even the Odyssey doesn't get this granular. The TRG would need a new closet ferchrissake.

Here’s the issue with a 24 year old armorer who has one feature under her belt now being asked to do, while still a low budget, a big ass film for her with extremely well known talent. Her job is about safety.

The 1st AD should never be handling guns on set. They have way, way too much on their mind/plate. They are the glue that holds every single department together and on time.

What is truckee rh?
    Sorry-Truckee Roundhouse. A maker space with a wood shop, metal shop, pottery shop, and sewing+tech shop. I volunteer in the wood shop. Nonprofit, open to anyone who buys a membership and a lot of people get to use the shops for free if the volunteer a certain number of hours.

The armorer is truly fucked. People using prop guns for blasting beer cans on off hours is a pretty big violation of chain of custody.

The fact that some pretty involved people haven't made statements is telling - they've lawyered up and gone silent. What a complete shitshow.

I dig the glasses.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Sorry-Truckee Roundhouse. A maker space with a wood shop, metal shop, pottery shop, and sewing+tech shop. I volunteer in the wood shop. Nonprofit, open to anyone who buys a membership and a lot of people get to use the shops for free if the volunteer a certain number of hours.
    Omg, the jealousy…it. Hurts.
    All the tools!
    So….jealous…rrrrrr…sputter…error! Error!

is that a suicide shaming pic or that the pic of Harry, or just a random pic?

This place iS SO FUCKING WEIRD

Quote Originally Posted by muted reborn View Post
    is that a suicide shaming pic or that the pic of Harry, or just a random pic?

This place iS SO FUCKING WEIRD
    Half this forum will be dying off in 15 yrs from old age, let's not hasten things.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    Omg, the jealousy…it. Hurts.
    All the tools!
    So….jealous…rrrrrr…sputter…error! Error!
    I bet you could find a makerspace. Don't you live near a college?
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    I had no idea this existed and look fwd to checking it out. Thx!

I had no idea this existed and look fwd to checking it out. Thx!
    Go online to Truckee Roundhouse and sign up for a Saturday afternoon tour.
    20 in planer and the wide belt sander are nice.
    But most folks seem to want to use the laser cutter and CNC router.