Page 13 of 43 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    I thought her dad was also an armorer. Is being a Hollywood armorer a high paying gig? I have no idea.

Regardless, I expect that family's wealth is about to take a hit.
    Several variables.
    Was she working independently?
    Was she working through an independent business?
    If so, was it a corporation, LLC, etc.?
    Can you pierce the veil of the corporation, LLC, etc.
    Who trained her?
    Was she trained properly?
    Who owned the firearms?

If my client, I am going to try to make sure the armory is an added insured on the set's insurance policies, which may pull everyone back into the same pot of money.

Tons of legal theories to get beyond her to another entity/individual:
    Negligent training.
    Negligent entrustment, i.e. giving firearms and live ammo to someone not qualified to properly use on a movie set.
    Defective/poorly maintained equipment.

If she was acting alone and the firearm was hers, it may be difficult. I highly doubt this is the case.

Not saying any of this would prevent parents, especially her father from being sued, but, you can sue a monkey. Whether you will be successful is a different story.
    In order to properly convert this thread to a polyasshat thread to more fully enrage the liberal left frequenting here...... (insert latest democratic blunder of your choice).

Quote Originally Posted by ::: ::: View Post
    to borrow a phrase: "guns don't scare me...people with guns scare me"
    guns don't scare me, bullets moving at a high velocity do

Aren’t productions usually run through production specific shell corps in part to limit the fallout from mishaps like this?

ever been in an armed robbery where a guy 5 feet from you has a loaded revolver pointed at the cashier ?

it feels different than not being scared
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

So more wild speculation.. Some fool brought their own REAL bullets to work so they could play with the 45 and not fuck up the armor's ammo inventory..
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Doesn't instill a lot of confidence in her ability to manage firearms.

https://thecount.com/2021/10/24/rust...ok-propmaster/
    In order to properly convert this thread to a polyasshat thread to more fully enrage the liberal left frequenting here...... (insert latest democratic blunder of your choice).

As STUPID as it may be that people may have (allegedly) used the gun for plinking earlier, doesn't the fault ultimately lie with whatever crew member vocally declared it a "cold gun" before handing it to Baldwin? Seems that no matter the previous circumstances surrounding the weapon, that it should have been thoroughly inspected before declaring it anything before handing it over to another person. I'm sure the person who did that is probably getting some pretty serious heat right now.

I thought her dad was also an armorer. Is being a Hollywood armorer a high paying gig? I have no idea.
    https://www.careersinfilm.com/armorer/

Average salary - $48,6461. Salary range - $12K – $88K

Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post

I must have had the armor's parents mixed up with the director victim's parents.

"low budget production".. thinking it isn't working out that way now..

Quote Originally Posted by MontuckyFried View Post
    As STUPID as it may be that people may have (allegedly) used the gun for plinking earlier, doesn't the fault ultimately lie with whatever crew member vocally declared it a "cold gun" before handing it to Baldwin? Seems that no matter the previous circumstances surrounding the weapon, that it should have been thoroughly inspected before declaring it anything before handing it over to another person. I'm sure the person who did that is probably getting some pretty serious heat right now.
    The fault is gonna be sprayed all over everything it will possibly stick to using an old industrial strength shit spreader. Ultimate fault my ass.

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    The fault is gonna be sprayed all over everything it will possibly stick to using an old industrial strength shit spreader. Ultimate fault my ass.
    Agree, but it was the AD who gave Baldwin the gun and stated “cold gun”…..Allegedly.
    What we have here is an intelligence failure. You may be familiar with staring directly at that when shaving. .
    -Ottime
    One man can only push so many boulders up hills at one time.
    -BMillsSkier

Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post

It's usually a day rate or flat fee for a job (movie). I think that website is just clickbait - and they also say 200-500 a day for an armorer and that is crazy low.

I'm not paying close attention to every news release but the plinking story has not been proved as fact by any reputable news source, it's a rumor that may have come from other crew members using personal guns to plink some other time.

Ot it might be true and already proven as fact and I'm wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by muted reborn View Post
    It's usually a day rate or flat fee for a job (movie). I think that website is just clickbait - and they also say 200-500 a day for an armorer and that is crazy low.
    Yeah, I'd imagine armorers get paid pretty well, at least compared to the other contracted help on a set. I'd also imagine that a healthy chunk of that payment goes towards their insurance.

Yeah, I'd imagine armorers get paid pretty well, at least compared to the other contracted help on a set. I'd also imagine that a healthy chunk of that payment goes towards their insurance.
    Any insurance actuary worth anything would have included a clause disqualifying any coverage for REAL bullets on "prop guns".

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    Aren’t productions usually run through production specific shell corps in part to limit the fallout from mishaps like this?
    Yes.

Sent from the state that more tv and movies are made in than anywhere else but CA and NY thanks to the world's most generous and freely transferrable tax credits.
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by MontuckyFried View Post
    Agreed.

The lawsuits will of course name everybody including the dishwasher on craft services.

But the person who said “cold gun” and handed Baldwin a gun that was not “cold” is the *most* responsible (of all the people who will be accused of responsibility)

IMHO

* caveat: assuming what we have read in the main stream media is legit

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    When you look at things like airplane accidents and medical catastrophes like cutting off the wrong leg, it's almost never one thing or one person at fault but a chain of mistakes, none of which would be significant by itself.

FAIRFAX, VA—Condemning what it described as reckless safety practices in the film industry, the National Rifle Association issued a scathing statement Wednesday in which it accused the producers of Rust of endangering their crew by failing to provide every single person on set with a loaded gun. “If everyone working on the shoot that day had been carrying a firearm with live ammunition, things might have played out very differently,” NRA president Carolyn D. Meadows said in reference to the shooting death last week during production on the film, a tragedy she blamed on the apparent decision to cut costs by only arming Rust’s star and not anyone who worked behind the camera. “Just imagine if each person on location—from the production assistants to the makeup artists to the caterers—had been given access to at least one AR-15 and two handguns per man. I’m not saying that woman would still be alive, but at least crew members would have had the opportunity to squeeze off some rounds at the man who shot her, ensuring the threat was permanently neutralized.” Meadows added that the NRA also opposes the film industry’s use of prop guns and blanks, which she said force actors to work under conditions in which they have no means of self defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    FAIRFAX, VA—Condemning what it described as reckless safety practices in the film industry, the National Rifle Association issued a scathing statement Wednesday in which it accused the producers of Rust of endangering their crew by failing to provide every single person on set with a loaded gun. “If everyone working on the shoot that day had been carrying a firearm with live ammunition, things might have played out very differently,” NRA president Carolyn D. Meadows said in reference to the shooting death last week during production on the film, a tragedy she blamed on the apparent decision to cut costs by only arming Rust’s star and not anyone who worked behind the camera. “Just imagine if each person on location—from the production assistants to the makeup artists to the caterers—had been given access to at least one AR-15 and two handguns per man. I’m not saying that woman would still be alive, but at least crew members would have had the opportunity to squeeze off some rounds at the man who shot her, ensuring the threat was permanently neutralized.” Meadows added that the NRA also opposes the film industry’s use of prop guns and blanks, which she said force actors to work under conditions in which they have no means of self defense.
    Whattaboutism warning.. Meanwhile THOUSANDS of people are injured or killed every day by guns card carrying NRA members left in their (often unlocked) vehicles to be taken by teenagers who go car to car at night looking for guns people leave in cars..

Whataboutism rant over..

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    FAIRFAX, VA—
    Lulz. That was funnier than expected.

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    Whattaboutism warning.. Meanwhile THOUSANDS of people are injured or killed every day by guns card carrying NRA members left in their (often unlocked) vehicles to be taken by teenagers who go car to car at night looking for guns people leave in cars..

Whataboutism rant over..
    I'm going to go out on a limb and say that Benny's post was sarcasm. Probably the Onion or some other satirical site.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    When you look at things like airplane accidents and medical catastrophes like cutting off the wrong leg, it's almost never one thing or one person at fault but a chain of mistakes, none of which would be significant by itself.
    This. Wildfire catastrophes too.

Benny’s Onion troll catches are as reliable as Greg/AZ.

I was just thinking Greg would have been proud of that catch lol

Benny--you ought to credit the onion when you post their pieces, but I guess that would ruin the fun of people believing them. So you get a pass. Besides, we all know you aren't capable of coming up with something that clever on your own.