Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Angle Parking View Post
    This. Beyond holidays and such even the most frequented of the powder highway / rockies hills are basically devoid of crowds.
    Your planned dates span all the local university reading weeks so best to book now

Quote Originally Posted by apex dave View Post
    Your planned dates span all the local university reading weeks so best to book now
    Good to know, our universities have breaks in late March and April so I wouldn't have suspected that.

I think we're going to go ahead and book a place in Nelson for 2/22 - 2/25 and in Rossland 2/25 - 3/2. Luckily most places have very generous cancellation policies (24-48 hours ahead of check-in) so we'll keep an eye on the weather the week of.

I'm very appreciative of how generous everyone has been with advice and beta! Stoked for this trip!

I like the idea of splitting your nights between Nelson and Rossland. Nelson is a great small town and there's lots of good food and drink options. Rossland is smaller and sleepier, so it might not be as interesting to spend a full week in. Plus, it's easily over an hour to get from Rossland to Whitewater - do you really want to drive that twice a day for three days in a row?