SPAM. Healthy Pre-Exercise Supplement

Full disclosure, I know the owner but I do not receive any benefit from sales. Just being a plug for a great product.

The company is a called Kono Nutrition and they make an actually healthy pre-exercise drink. It comes in a powder form and you just mix it with water. I drink it before backcountry skiing, mountain biking, etc. or as a coffee replacement or after lunch pick me up. I can feel the increase in energy and notice that I have extra juice on mile 20. Its an actually healthy drink. It doesn't have any of that crap most drinks have like sugar, sucralose, artificial dyes, artificial preservatives, etc. It doesn't even have "natural" flavoring (its flavored with real fruit powder).

It's a young company based out of Boise started by a friend of mine that had cancer at a young age that inspired him to get into everything health, truly a wealth of health knowledge. Let me know if you end up buying some or have have any questions. Give them a follow on Instagram if you'd like.

Sorry for the spam. Thanks mags!

Instagram: kononutrition
    Deep Dive on Ingredients: https://kononutrition.com/pages/ingredients-deep-dive

I love Spam. Of course I haven't eaten spam in like 40 years. Not sure how healthy it is. Sorry..low hanging fruit.

Jacque Pepin the famous french chief has a recipe for spam steak with lima beans

spam steak from a Michelin starred chief really ?

In his Vid he talks about there being nothing to eat end of WWII in France

but they get a can of spam which at that time was so awesume he makes 2 meals from a can

SO its all about the situation and I don't remember ever eating spam
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

I could eat spam musubi every day

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

Spam is seriously underrated. I made spam Mac and cheese last night. I’m working on my winter coat.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

Quote Originally Posted by nickwm21 View Post
    Spam is seriously underrated. I made spam Mac and cheese last night. I’m working on my winter coat.

Unfriend spam is an abomination. Fried spam is incredibly versatile and delicious. Salty, fatty, umami.

Had never considered spam as a pre-exercise supplement… I disagree, it’s not healthy.

Quote Originally Posted by sk8rat6587 View Post
    I could eat spam musubi every day

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk
    I like making big batches of it to have as a morning snack on early departure adventure days. I bet its statistically the perfect combination of fat, protein and carbs. Plus you get vitamins from the seaweed. Whats not to love?

Quote Originally Posted by Fred Pabst View Post
    I love Spam. Of course I haven't eaten spam in like 40 years. Not sure how healthy it is. Sorry..low hanging fruit.
    Had some Spam a few years ago while in Maui. Damn, that brought back some memories. Not sure how good Spam would be pre-backcountry touring. Afterwards however, hell yes!
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Lulz that this is a full on spam thread.

But, it's salty right? Electrolytes? Should I have a spam and egg sammy before an early morning tour?

Quote Originally Posted by bonewrenched View Post
    Lulz that this is a full on spam thread.

But, it's salty right? Electrolytes? Should I have a spam and egg sammy before an early morning tour?
    Spam & egg burrito

spam musubi ftw

sear that ish

Name:  Spam_9.jpeg
Views: 204
Size:  58.8 KB

Name:  220px-Monty_Python_Live_02-07-14_13_04_42_(14598710791).jpeg
Views: 202
Size:  25.9 KB
    life ain't guaranteed, love your people while you can

Did I expect to get trolled on this thread? Yes. Did I expect it to go down a spam rabbit hole? No. Am I disappointed? No

Quote Originally Posted by shroom View Post
    spam musubi ftw

sear that ish
    ABC stores. IFYKYK

If any of you followed the links in the OP, you might have come across this nugget:

“While the other guys are using synthetic ingredients and beaver anus secretion, we believe in flavoring our KONO Pre with ingredients that taste great and are great for you.”

Quote Originally Posted by Dumb0ldDad View Post
    Everyone knows you can only get decent spam in California.
    Is this a bad joke? Hawaii, brah. Hawaii.

Quote Originally Posted by TrueNorth View Post

“While the other guys are using synthetic ingredients and beaver anus secretion, we believe in flavoring our KONO Pre with ingredients that taste great and are great for you.”
    You can pry my beaver anus secretions from my cold dead hands.

Quote Originally Posted by The Artist Formerly Known as Leavenworth Skier View Post
    I like making big batches of it to have as a morning snack on early departure adventure days. I bet its statistically the perfect combination of fat, protein and carbs. Plus you get vitamins from the seaweed. Whats not to love?
    Great idea, totally going to start doing this. I think you're right on the perfect balance, filled cold rice balls are apparently great for endurance because the heating and cooling makes the rice have more reistant starch ( https://nosht.com/blogs/learn/onigiri-endurance-recipe). Adding a bit of spam has to help more.

Quote Originally Posted by TrueNorth View Post
    If any of you followed the links in the OP, you might have come across this nugget:

Google "where does vanilla flavoring come from"