Results 1 to 19 of 19
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    YetiMan
    Posts
    12,964

    Richmond Vermont Food/Sightseeing Suggestions?

    Wifey staying there for a few days…

    Just checking in case any of you have any local insight.


  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    between campus and church
    Posts
    7,867
    Bring your mountain bikes. Great riding at Cochrans & Chamberlain Hill. Hinesburg Town Forest & Sleepy Hollow are just down the road for even more choices.

    As for food, there are only a few places in town. Hatchet is recommended as is Stone Corral Brewery. I'm not a fan of Big Spruce, but Laps may have a different opinion.

    You are only 20 minutes from downtown Burlington so all the breweries and restaurants here are within an easy drive.

    Shoot me a PM when in town.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    YetiMan
    Posts
    12,964
    Thx! Just non-mtb wife, no maggot.

    Her target was Burlington, she ended up with an airbnb there because it’s a sheep farm and seemed #prettyneat.

    Thx for replying!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Middle of the NEK
    Posts
    5,150
    The fall foliage may still be hanging on near Lake Champlain. This drive around south of Burlington may be a nice few hours for sightseeing.
    Shelburne Farms and/or Museum is a nice spot along the way that may add another few hours.

    https://goo.gl/maps/LeJGZwBMiKrgNsqf8

    Name:  Richmond Drive.JPG
Views: 167
Size:  50.2 KB

    Edited google maps route
    Last edited by From_the_NEK; 10-21-2021 at 01:15 PM.
    Aim for the chopping block. If you aim for the wood, you will have nothing. Aim past the wood, aim through the wood.
    http://tim-kirchoff.pixels.com/

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    base of the Bush
    Posts
    13,664
    2nd Hatchet

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    I smell poutine!!!
    Posts
    16,366
    Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    Thx! Just non-mtb wife, no maggot.

    Her target was Burlington, she ended up with an airbnb there because it’s a sheep farm and seemed #prettyneat.

    Thx for replying!
    Shoot. I woulda drove down to meet you in IRL. And because sheep are so cute and cuddly and... Wait, what?

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    between campus and church
    Posts
    7,867
    Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    Thx! Just non-mtb wife, no maggot.

    Her target was Burlington, she ended up with an airbnb there because it’s a sheep farm and seemed #prettyneat.

    Thx for replying!
    Lots of spots for eats in Burly:
    -Hen of the Wood (great bar and perfect for a cool Fall evening)
    -Foam Brewers to sample their awesome beer & Deep City for dinner next door
    -Leunigs for trad French food
    —Dedalus for small plates/sharing with a fantastic wine list
    -Burlington Beer Co just opened their new space on Flynn Ave next door to Seitchback Brewing. BBCo menu is pretty good but no food at Switchback.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    PRB
    Posts
    26,857
    IAS, check out this thread: https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...46#post6351846 I linked to where I bumped it, but there's lots of great Burlington info in there. I stayed at an airbnb in Jericho, which isn't super far from Richmond, so there may be food recs for Jericho that are still applicable to Richmond (ie, not all the way into Burlington).

    The wifey is gonna love it.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "I'd eat a bag of Dicks and wash it down with a Coke any day." - iceman

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Middle of the NEK
    Posts
    5,150
    Just make sure she stays away from any weirdos from NH in camper vans.
    Aim for the chopping block. If you aim for the wood, you will have nothing. Aim past the wood, aim through the wood.
    http://tim-kirchoff.pixels.com/

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    I smell poutine!!!
    Posts
    16,366
    Quote Originally Posted by From_the_NEK View Post
    The fall foliage may still be hanging on near Lake Champlain. This drive around south of Burlington may be a nice few hours for sightseeing.
    Shelburne Farms and/or Museum is a nice spot along the way that may add another few hours.

    https://goo.gl/maps/NGF1SjQx51PJ9McQ9

    Name:  Richmond Drive.JPG
Views: 167
Size:  50.2 KB
    No love for South Starksboro and Jerusalem?

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    base of the Bush
    Posts
    13,664
    More accurate recs would be proffered if the date was known, next week, month ect. also time of day she would have to "sightsee".
    www.apriliaforum.com

    "If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

    "I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Inside the Circle
    Posts
    2,638
    Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    IAS, check out this thread: https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...46#post6351846 I linked to where I bumped it, but there's lots of great Burlington info in there. I stayed at an airbnb in Jericho, which isn't super far from Richmond, so there may be food recs for Jericho that are still applicable to Richmond (ie, not all the way into Burlington).

    The wifey is gonna love it.
    Jericho Cafe and Tavern was always great when we went. Also the General Store in Jericho for sandwiches. Pretty sure Peruvian named all of the restaurants in Richmond. Black Beer from Stone Corral is one of my favorites and a nice change of pace from all the IPAs. They've really upped their food game in recent years.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    between campus and church
    Posts
    7,867
    Quote Originally Posted by From_the_NEK View Post
    Just make sure she stays away from any weirdos from NH in camper vans.
    Tooooooo Sooooon.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    I smell poutine!!!
    Posts
    16,366
    Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    Tooooooo Sooooon.
    Ya, that fucker parked the vehicle in the town I live in. Apparently has friends here. Which I guess shouldn't surprise me. At least the one friend turned him in.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Middle of the NEK
    Posts
    5,150
    Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    No love for South Starksboro and Jerusalem?
    I wanted to keep it fairly simple to navigate
    Aim for the chopping block. If you aim for the wood, you will have nothing. Aim past the wood, aim through the wood.
    http://tim-kirchoff.pixels.com/

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    I smell poutine!!!
    Posts
    16,366
    Quote Originally Posted by From_the_NEK View Post
    I wanted to keep it fairly simple to navigate
    I dunno, you head up towards app gap on 17 and bang a left once you get up a good way. That's a nice way to get to Huntington. Either way, I clicked you link and it didn't have all the waypoints, it just took me east on 2 into Richmond proper.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Middle of the NEK
    Posts
    5,150
    Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    I dunno, you head up towards app gap on 17 and bang a left once you get up a good way. That's a nice way to get to Huntington. Either way, I clicked you link and it didn't have all the waypoints, it just took me east on 2 into Richmond proper.
    I edited the map to maybe work better (inserted "Destinations" instead)?

    https://goo.gl/maps/LeJGZwBMiKrgNsqf8
    Aim for the chopping block. If you aim for the wood, you will have nothing. Aim past the wood, aim through the wood.
    http://tim-kirchoff.pixels.com/

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    YetiMan
    Posts
    12,964
    Wife is all set, thanks for all the input!

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    I smell poutine!!!
    Posts
    16,366
    Quote Originally Posted by From_the_NEK View Post
    I edited the map to maybe work better (inserted "Destinations" instead)?

    https://goo.gl/maps/LeJGZwBMiKrgNsqf8
    Lake Iroquois boat launch! FTW!!! I approve. I learned how to swim and canoe in that weedy cow pond. Summer days and evenings at "The Lake". And then of course drinking and smoking at the boat launch in HS.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •