184 Moment Pressure Drop (Wildcat) 101 Kingpin and skins

Sold

Picked these up last year and went waaaay to deep into the touring scene. Need to lighten the quiver as we went back to the resort this year. These skis literally have 3 tours on them. Will post actual pics tonight. 184 Length, Kingpins mounted to 316 on the line and Pomoca Climb 2.0 Skins cut nice like.

Little about the ski:
    For the Pressure Drop Ski, we paired Moment's most versatile all-mountain profile with a backcountry-friendly construction to prepare you for any line out there. It resembles a similar profile and shaping to Moment's all-mountain Wildcat 101 Ski to ride powder and ice with equal prowess. Moment's Mustache Rocker combines a powder-friendly tip & tail rocker with a sharp camber to employ a sharp effective edge for a tighter turn radius. Thanks to the Mustache Rocker, the Pressure Drop Ski can ride a whole lot easier when there's more ice in the chute than you anticipated.

Instead of the Wildcat's beefy build, we here at Backcountry tweaked the Pressure Drop's construction with minor adjustments to better suit our lives on the skin track. Instead of aspen wood, we blended the sustainable ash core with poppy paulownia wood for a lighter, poppier feel. Triaxial stringers composed of carbon and fiberglass increase the ski's stiffness, and ABS sidewalls ensure the same torsional rigidity that you'd expect out of a resort ski. Add a Durasurf base and Euro Edges composed of hardened steel, and you're sure-footed for a smooth-sailing adventure up and down any mountain in the backcountry.

Last edited by bearcrawl; 11-04-2021 at 02:59 PM.

But will Backcountry.com sue us for skiing in the 'backcountry'?

Don't they maintain intellectual property, trademark and branding rights to all things 'backcountry'??

Quote Originally Posted by TWODIEFOUR View Post
    But will Backcountry.com sue us for skiing in the 'backcountry'?

Don't they maintain intellectual property, trademark and branding rights to all things 'backcountry'??
    Not if you have Backcountry.com branded skis
    Quote Originally Posted by other grskier View Post
    well, in the three years i've been skiing i bet i can ski most anything those 'pro's' i listed can, probably

That's why I will send a "Side Country Only" disclaimer. Can we now open the debate about how one defines the Kingpin...
    If you actually plan to "get after it" in the back(or side)country, this is your setup. Have fun with that comment mags and resident trolls...

Since you encouraged it...how deep we talking? Like 3 days on a brand new set up deep?

184 Moment Pressure Drop (Wildcat) 101 Kingpin and skins

Nah, like 5 setups…. 3 with 3 days and 2 with 25 or 30. Guess I play favorites… Kinda vibed with the Death Wish T 116.
    For the record… I meant I experimented with too many setups. Def didn’t go too deep into the scene.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

How did the pressure drop ski out of curiosity?

In my opinion it was very similar to the wildcat inbounds. Came across as playful and very easy to direct. If you’re going to charge super hard and really rail it, it can be overpowered but it’s a really fun ski. IMHO

Price drop

I'm interested. PM sent.