Page 35 of 64 FirstFirst ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    We get it.. Everybody who has done well stole it somehow, especially the Clintons and Obamas.. I'll reserve judgment until the SEC or some other agency nails them for stealing or misappropriating charitable/tax deductible contributions... Like has happened to Trump over and over... Let me know when someone proves the LP is dirty.. I'll wait..
    Listen, you're young and still want the bad guys to lose. You're blinded by this need for justice. But, in this case, ask yourself, do you actually think they changed any minds? And, do you think the people who funded them were converted Trump followers? Think, man. I'd like to see their ad buying particulars, but, I saw a ton on CNN and MSNBC, and my Facebook feed, because Facebook knows I'm somewhat left of Brooklyn. They were running a scam, preaching to the choir. Did you give them money? I bet you did. Gotcha. I understand. Sometimes I think Bernie was just a scam, a diversion, false hope. In the end, he caved, wanted to be Biden's buddy, didn't want to be Ralph Nader. Got my money, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Listen, you're young and still want the bad guys to lose. You're blinded by this need for justice. But, in this case, ask yourself, do you actually think they changed any minds? And, do you think the people who funded them were converted Trump followers? Think, man. I'd like to see their ad buying particulars, but, I saw a ton on CNN and MSNBC, and my Facebook feed, because Facebook knows I'm somewhat left of Brooklyn. They were running a scam, preaching to the choir. Did you give them money? I bet you did. Gotcha. I understand. Sometimes I think Bernie was just a scam, a diversion, false hope. In the end, he caved, wanted to be Biden's buddy, didn't want to be Ralph Nader. Got my money, though.
    I only donated to Pete. And I'm probably older than you think. If you think anyone isn't taking a salary (consulting fees LOL) similar to what they make private sector while doing the political game I have a bridge to sell you. Let's take a look at Bloomberg's finances the past 4 years for starters... Again, you seen to be confusing success with corruption. It's not your job to decide though. Rather than continuing to grasp at straws, call me when the justice department or SEC or IRS proves something blatantly nefarious or STFU.
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Dude, that's another thing. It ain't illegal if there's no law against it. Like congress people insider trading. Ka-ching.

Dude, that's another thing. It ain't illegal if there's no law against it. Like congress people insider trading. Ka-ching.
    Back on topic they're "working" I'm "working". How about you, are you working? Are you part of The Great Still Retired? What are your thoughts on what will get people productive again and happy doing it?

Universal healthcare, adding earlier years to public education, collective bargaining? Let's get back on track here..

Back on topic they're "working" I'm "working". How about you, are you working? Are you part of The Great Still Retired? What are your thoughts on what will get people productive again and happy doing it?

Universal healthcare, adding earlier years to public education, collective bargaining? Let's get back on track here..
    So you have any evidence worker productivity is down? (Not productivity growth by the way….)

Quote Originally Posted by old_newguy View Post
    So you have any evidence worker productivity is down? (Not productivity growth by the way….)
    Per capita worker productivity or total? Other supply shortages are hitting total productivity way harder than lack of human labor right now. So a few Starbucks are closed, BFD... Long term when the rest starts moving it will be a bigger problem if people still are sitting things out more than usual.. Or will it? Just speeds up more automation.. jobs never coming back anyway..

Example.. big trucker shortage is slowing down everything. We're frighteningly close to real working autonomous trucks on major interstates.. Like within less than 5 years...

I think that what's either not noticed or is intentionally ignored is the millions of now tail end Boomers who either lost their jobs during this or quit, and are just a little too young to "retire", but, are, anyway. I saw a headline today that there is a curious mis match of 62 and close year olds "retiring" in mass, but applications for SS haven't really increased. So, therefore, more poor old people.

I'd love to work at a ski hill somehow. They'd hire me in a second. But I can't afford to live there.

Per capita worker productivity or total? Other supply shortages are hitting total productivity way harder than lack of human labor right now. So a few Starbucks are closed, BFD... Long term when the rest starts moving it will be a bigger problem if people still are sitting things out more than usual.. Or will it? Just speeds up more automation.. jobs never coming back anyway..

Example.. git trucker shortage is slowing down everything. We're frighteningly close to real working autonomous trucks on major interstates.. Like within less than 5 years...
    Maybe I misunderstood your comment.

Supply shortages strikes me as a systemic problem brought on by a pandemic and just in time inventory practices, not a individual worker productivity issue.

Maybe I misunderstood your comment.

Supply shortages strikes me as a systemic problem brought on by a pandemic and just in time inventory practices, not a individual worker productivity issue.
    and demand increases from consumers shifting purchases from services to goods. “Gonna tour only this year, guess I need new gear”

I think that what's either not noticed or is intentionally ignored is the millions of now tail end Boomers who either lost their jobs during this or quit, and are just a little too young to "retire", but, are, anyway. I saw a headline today that there is a curious mis match of 62 and close year olds "retiring" in mass, but applications for SS haven't really increased. So, therefore, more poor old people.
    They didn't really retire. Are you new to this stuff?

There is probably blame to place on just-in-time but it does not mean all inventory is abandoned or suppliers cannot be contractually obligated to hold inventory. Also, it's also been almost two years since the start of the pandemic so there is the consideration of how much inventory would be left even without JIT.

Quote Originally Posted by ötzi View Post
    They didn't really retire. Are you new to this stuff?
    Kind of personally knee deep in it.

This (big trend) ought to be some examination of why we work…

I would hope there’s some purpose beyond terror, the terror of this American abyss of poverty-horror—purpose like seeing people you care about in your community, like having a role in your town, in some organization that matters somehow. Like, providing some kind of contribution, even a small one, to collective life. But I think what we’re seeing here instead is all that keeps a lot of people slogging away is that brutal terror of running low on money. And if we, as a society, treat people as nothing…as individual enterprises tasked only with their own separate struggle to stay afloat, workers are going to assign no value to sticking it out when things are hard… they’re going to bail, because the “why” of their decision to work didn’t include any intrinsic social value of just being there, in a role, in the first place. They’re nothing, treated like nothing, so if they have a moment of float with govt assistance or a hot job market, they’re going to try to find something where maybe they can feel like a human being…or if they’re going to be treated like shit, at least get paid more.

I just think all this treatment of people as just an anonymous place-holding warmbody comes home to roost in a time like this.

I doubt that interpretation takes hold though, and I can only suspect the reactions will be to further automate and dehumanize and remove even more dignity from work…just because we’re so sick in that way, that sickness around the working class is so deep and ingrained.

Remember when the hot thing on tgr was to rip on each other for being a fry cook or a barista? I remember. All the high rollers shitting on normal regular jobs. That’s why those jobs are vacant now. If you really want a world where there’s human beings around, doing that stuff, maybe don’t treat them like garbage.

Still happening. Some of the beautiful people here were shitting all over restaurant workers who were eligible to get vaccinated before they were. Essential workers until they went back to second class status as soon as it wasn't convenient to the entitled class.

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk

I'd love to work at a ski hill somehow. They'd hire me in a second. But I can't afford to live there.
    Sugarbowl is hiring. They also have employee housing according to the ad.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    Remember when the hot thing on tgr was to rip on each other for being a fry cook or a barista? I remember. All the high rollers shitting on normal regular jobs. That’s why those jobs are vacant now. If you really want a world where there’s human beings around, doing that stuff, maybe don’t treat them like garbage.
    its okay i managed to skied a couple lifetimes worth of pow and manned the stonehouse barista station
    sometimes i still rip the pows
    and still make a mean cup of joe
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Bullshit, Killington is 15 minutes from Rutland. You could easily live there. Hell, I bet you could even get a place part way up the hill and away from most of the junkies. You could do it but I’m sure you’ll have a hundred reasons why you can’t/won’t.

Well, I know in big corp land, most big orgs just ran a big early retirement bid that bought lots of folks out. They are not hurting for cash and have at least a year of severance fully paid.

I guess this is what oncome and wealth percentiles 20ish through 90ish looks like? The Federal Government is just assholes fighting with assholes. It a fuckin' show. Is one side better that the other? Maybe, probably, definitely? Who cares?

As you go through your idiosyncratic daily routine, thing about how you who be affected by every single human that you interact with being paid a living wage affording them food, shelter, healthcare and a bit of hope.

I'll do the same and report back.

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    You wait until ski season, when service on and off hills is going to be awful.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    Quote Originally Posted by Flounder View Post
    Bullshit, Killington is 15 minutes from Rutland. You could easily live there. Hell, I bet you could even get a place part way up the hill and away from most of the junkies. You could do it but I’m sure you’ll have a hundred reasons why you can’t/won’t.
    it would cut into his twatter time and he doesnt have the personality to be in the service industry
    wouldnt last a week
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Quote Originally Posted by schuss View Post
    Well, I know in big corp land, most big orgs just ran a big early retirement bid that bought lots of folks out. They are not hurting for cash and have at least a year of severance fully paid.
    And there's a ton of people in civil service jobs that are pretty damn close to very nice retirement packages (I'm looking at you, California and Illinois) that are willing to take a little hit to that thing, especially now that the stock market is at record highs and they invested in that.

I'm pretty convinced that's why you see so many cops and fireman defying vaccination. Not much to lose.

You wait until ski season, when service on and off hills is going to be awful.
    Boot up at the car, pack a lunch, problems solved...

And there's a ton of people in civil service jobs that are pretty damn close to very nice retirement packages (I'm looking at you, California and Illinois) that are willing to take a little hit to that thing, especially now that the stock market is at record highs and they invested in that.

I'm pretty convinced that's why you see so many cops and fireman defying vaccination. Not much to lose.
    And they are all moving to the mountain West and driving up housing costs, making it impossible for service workers to find a place to live.