Page 63 of 64 FirstFirst ... 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 LastLast
Results 1,551 to 1,575 of 1590
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    I support not raising the minimum wage
    FIFY

If McDonald's sold beer, you guys would be fine.

Have not had a Big Mac in years. May have to change that, fuckers are tasty.

And you can get a beer in a McDonalds, just gotta go to Europe and get, Le Big Maque.

Probably more than 9 bucks though

And FWIW I don't support any minimum wage. It puts a floor under what employers can offer. Free market and all that.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

We started going to fast food breakfast on Sunday mornings lately as kind of a joke. It is actually kinda fun, and holy fuck is it cheap! $8 for two breakfast crunch wraps at Taco Bell. That's at least $42 less than we would spend at going out to a sit down breakfast at one of our usual spots. And we go park by the lake to eat them so we got a nice view. Also no 30-60 minute wait for a table. Need to bring Bloody Mary fixings next time.

Honestly, restaurants are really losing their luster lately. Almost every time we go out at least one thing sucks. Service, food, atmosphere, price, something. And yeah, having worked in restaurants and bars for a long time, I get it, they are struggling. But it is crazy, we have had at least 10 new ones open in the last few years! WTF? That ain't helping anyone either.

you live in summit county bud
    the restaurant scene here is is awful the staff is drunk or coked up or both depending on where you go they used to actually work now they just party and work alittle

went to the bakers brewery a few weeks ago for lunch it was almost unedible

and fast food specially mc'ds and taco bell can't believe the line at the drive though in frisco just no the ceo thanks you for your b fast purchase so he can buy new window shades for his house in breck

Quote Originally Posted by fastfred View Post
    you live in summit county bud
    the restaurant scene here is is awful the staff is drunk or coked up or both depending on where you go they used to actually work now they just party and work alittle

went to the bakers brewery a few weeks ago for lunch it was almost unedible

and fast food specially mc'ds and taco bell can't believe the line at the drive though in frisco just no the ceo thanks you for your b fast purchase so he can buy new window shades for his house in breck
    I’m fine with coked up drunk employees. It’s just like the old days. There’s just not enough of em. And none of them stay long enough to know what they are doing.

NR, you worked in F&B so you know how much it sucks long term. What most restaurant chefs get paid just isn't worth the stress. Unhealthy as fuck lifestyle.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

I'm going to quit my last project ends in june

after that its #vanlife and #I'mfromcoloradoheretohelpruiniceland

I’m mad more people aren’t willing to live an unhealthy lifestyle for shit money, and more business people aren’t willing to open and operate unprofitable businesses I like, too

nothing like middle aged and geezer rich assholes bitching people aren’t willing to slave for them

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    NR, you worked in F&B so you know how much it sucks long term. What most restaurant chefs get paid just isn't worth the stress. Unhealthy as fuck lifestyle.
    Yeah, I know. I'm not offering any solutions here. I'm just stating the sign of the times. Especially where we live. I totally get it. Fuck having anything to do with the restaurant industry, especially in a ski town. Tipped jobs maybe, because people tip on check totals which increase with inflation. But no way would I work BOH or management anymore.

My point is, going out to eat sucks so bad that you might as well go to a fast food chain because at least you get a consistent product and low(er) prices. Paying for "Atmosphere" and "Service" is a thing of the past. Just go eat by the lake in your car.

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    I’m mad more people aren’t willing to live an unhealthy lifestyle for shit money, and more business people aren’t willing to open and operate unprofitable businesses I like, too

nothing like middle aged and geezer rich assholes bitching people aren’t willing to slave for them
    What’s the point of success if you can’t lord it over people? Sheesh.

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post

sure but what happens when an a one scoop ice cream cone costs $15.00 because the factory worker wants more money the delivery driver wants more money and the teenage scooper wants more money?

I have no problem paying high wages I've been forced to pay high wages in the past two years and my return is less productivity it's starting to really piss me off every business owner I know says the same thing we are paying out the ass and getting less and less in productivity

Not sure if this is a permanent long term flip where the employee has the upper hand or if this is just a blip on the screen if people start loosing jobs like in the tech industry right now then the employer will have the upper hand again and it will be wonderful to be honest all I do is coddle people and beg them to be their best every day at work its bullshit I have to confront an employee today on his bullshit at work not looking forward to it but I can't let him abuse me and my company sure confront is not the word but thats how they all see it when you ask them to behave a certain way at work they take it as a personal attack not an opportunity to grow and get your shit together

but I almost doubt it until we get a single payer health care system and allow immigration the employees will have us by the balls

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    A decent cheeseburger should cost $6 and a cold beer $3.
    Ok boomer

Regale me with the milk and bread was a nickel.

Then tell me how you walked uphill to school both ways.

Took wife and daughter to disneyworld in 2000. The animal kingdom mcdonald's served beer.Name:  mcwdw_restaurantosaurus32007ww.jpeg
Views: 312
Size:  79.9 KB
    Last edited by half-fast; 11-16-2022 at 03:34 PM.

The Great Resignation ‘21

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    A decent cheeseburger should cost $6 and a cold beer $3.
    Wednesday night at the Squirrel tree, $.50 upgrade to tots or onion rings. Not in a mountain town, just in the mountains

You guys are sure making life in a CO mountains town sound shitty, your bourgeois attitudes towards the plebes is amusing

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

All jokes aside people actually were quitting their high stress cut throat gigs to flip burgers or ring up groceries instead... at least for a little while.. Most are back out in the rat race now though..
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    FIFY

If McDonald's sold beer, you guys would be fine.
    Ah, yes. A Big Mac (or maybe it was called a "Big Tasty"?) and a Bitburger. I've had that combo meal in Germany before, but they're not the only ones:
    https://www.thetravel.com/mcdonalds-...serve-alcohol/

Corporate profits at levels not seen since the 1950’s. Rising employee wages to blame.

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    Wednesday night at the Squirrel tree, $.50 upgrade to tots or onion rings. Not in a mountain town, just in the mountains

You guys are sure making life in a CO mountains town sound shitty, your bourgeois attitudes towards the plebes is amusing

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Maybe there is some sort of secret ad campaign going on where mountain town dwellers broadcast on the internet how bad it is now in mountain towns, usually coupled with someone talking about how much they sacrificed to live a mountain town ski bum dream(jobs, poor services, living in shitty housing) but now are annoyed by it.

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    Ok boomer

Regale me with the milk and bread was a nickel.

Then tell me how you walked uphill to school both ways.
    To MTM's credit, wages have been effectively stagnant since the '70's when burgers and beers were cheaper than $6/$3 respectively, so he's not entirely off base. But yea get off my lawn...

Think I’m nearing the end with my current employer. Between the cost cutting, running a skeleton crew and the endless overtime that due to labor laws here is paid out or comped out at 1 to 1 Im just working harder fair their benefit. I asked for a raise 5 months ago and still waiting on a answer, despite three reminders from my side. Oh, did I mention my responsibilities keep growing?
    At this point I would be willing to earn a bit less for less stress on my shoulders.

Quote Originally Posted by oldnew_guy View Post
    Maybe there is some sort of secret ad campaign going on where mountain town dwellers broadcast on the internet how bad it is now in mountain towns, usually coupled with someone talking about how much they sacrificed to live a mountain town ski bum dream(jobs, poor services, living in shitty housing) but now are annoyed by it.
    the punchline there is in many of those mountain places it sounds like these things are trailing, not leading

anyways, the solution to $15 ice cream Fred is to do what big corps do. Cut staffing to the bone so there’s only 3 people on the clock at your megamart, then blame the police/riots when criminals steal en masse from your unstaffed store

Quote Originally Posted by beer30 View Post
    Think I’m nearing the end with my current employer. Between the cost cutting, running a skeleton crew and the endless overtime that due to labor laws here is paid out or comped out at 1 to 1 Im just working harder fair their benefit. I asked for a raise 5 months ago and still waiting on a answer, despite three reminders from my side. Oh, did I mention my responsibilities keep growing?
    At this point I would be willing to earn a bit less for less stress on my shoulders.
    Start reaching out to recruiters and other companies. IMO, its never smart to quite without a solid plan in place for whats next. Once you have that plan in place, create a list of wants and needs, approach your current company with that list, and see how many they can realistically address. And from there, you make your decision. No reason to be stuck in a bad work situation if you have other options....

Personally, as someone who deals with business owners every day I don’t know there is a more entitled and narcissistic group in America.

I just had a client whose books looked off. Business is way down in 22 and payroll dropped to almost nothing. I asked what happened, this is changing our damages calculation and they said, “payroll was out of control so I started paying all my employees except 1 in cash, so I don’t have to pay payroll taxes, workers comp, etc. But then my book keeper pointed out I’d have to pay income taxes since I no longer have that expense, so I started not recognizing an equal amount as revenue”.

This woman is also adamant that she will sue if the other side won’t pay her demands. I explained that she may want to discuss airing the above in open court with the attorney.

Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post
    Personally, as someone who deals with business owners every day I don’t know there is a more entitled and narcissistic group in America.

I just had a client whose books looked off. Business is way down in 22 and payroll dropped to almost nothing. I asked what happened, this is changing our damages calculation and they said, “payroll was out of control so I started paying all my employees except 1 in cash, so I don’t have to pay payroll taxes, workers comp, etc. But then my book keeper pointed out I’d have to pay income taxes since I no longer have that expense, so I started not recognizing an equal amount as revenue”.

This woman is also adamant that she will sue if the other side won’t pay her demands. I explained that she may want to discuss airing the above in open court with the attorney.

Name:  screen-shot-2013-09-05-at-12-01-06-pm.png
Views: 313
Size:  310.5 KB
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!