Page 14 of 64 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by schuss View Post
    This must have been pre-blunt, but hard agree. As far as bubbling - it feels like there will be a long deflation of goods prices as companies try to hold onto the increases they've been able to get in cars, GPU's and other stuff.
    Well, once everyone has spent their wad of funny fed gov't stimulus money, the American consumer might slow down the wants vs. needs buying. But, we are talking about the addicted American consumer here. So, it would take tens of millions of addicts to ween themselves off of Amazon and whatever en vogue online retailer du jour that they are buying from. Or at least exercise portion control with their purchasing habits.

But that's what it will take for deflation to kick in. A slack in demand caused by a pull back in consumer spending.

It could happen. Just need the right circumstances to kick in.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    Umm... so actually, huge financial collapses, generally speaking, are how the wealthy become ultra wealthy. For example, from 2009 - 2012 or so, people with capital scooped up all the real estate they could get their hands on and made a killing. Now they've unloaded it and are just waiting for the next cycle.
    Yep, the rich love the misery of the middle and poor class. Kaching! Heck, the rich are the ones engineering these boom and bust cycles.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    Umm... so actually, huge financial collapses, generally speaking, are how the wealthy become ultra wealthy. For example, from 2009 - 2012 or so, people with capital scooped up all the real estate they could get their hands on and made a killing. Now they've unloaded it and are just waiting for the next cycle.
    Correct, we will need a government with the balls to tax these purchases HEAVILY. Crash the markets so they can acquire even more on the cheap is a standard practice rinse and repeat. Meanwhile the rest of us watch 30 years of savings and investments evaporate. I'm talking a financial Armageddon that even bankrupts the wealthiest of the wealthy or results in a reckoning their money can't shield them from.. read between those lines Marie Antionette..

Creating division (including among law enforcement and the military) and allowing the peasants to heavily arm themselves is a formula that very well could come back to bite them in the ass hard..
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

You know which industry isn't getting crushed? Direct selling! Yep, MLMs!
    https://www.dsa.org/events/news/indi...e-u.s.-in-2020

Despite ~99% of participants losing money, they still are finding suckers.

Quote Originally Posted by ::: ::: View Post
    Stepping waaaay back...

There is a fundamental problem with our form of government: it is incapable of understanding the complexity of the current state of the country.

Senators & Congresspeople are unable to understand the various industries, trades & infrastructures (financial, physical, cultural, research, natural resource, educational, etc) in any substantive way because the fields are so varied, specialized and vast. To come to grips with understanding & guiding all these forces in society is overwhelming to a tiny staff tasked with doing that. It has become absurd and naive. In a way, we have outgrown our form of management.

It isn't just voting in a "businessman" or a "progressive" or a "former military" candidate...the people who go with good intentions are overwhelmed.

Even if we can disconnect the lobbyists from the pipeline of researching/writing/influencing legislation, we still have the problem that the government is ill-prepared to consider the multivariable issues in any substantive way independent of that lobby crutch. Some sort of shift in our management expectations has to happen, but that is a seismic change in and of itself.

Add to this the idealist expectation that we "just change it," as if it won't involve a complete reconstruction of our understanding of government. Idealized "progress" isn't possible the way we do things now. It's just talking & banging our heads against the same rock.

Incremental shifting of values will slowly tip the bow of this insanely large ship towards a different horizon, but much too slowly to make substantive changes in our daily lives...
    Thank you for this ^^^ skiJ

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    According to Lord Tytler, a Scottish Historian, the average age of the world's democracies is around 200 years. After two hundred years, the nations collapse due to various economic policies.
    Name:  TChere.jpg
Views: 782
Size:  246.6 KB

Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. Weak men create hard times. Seems like we're between 3 and 4.

JPMorgan's Great Resignation ‘21 Guesstimate:

• 35% financial cushion with unemployment benefits, stimulus, savings
    • 20% early retirees
    • 10% immigration and visa issues
    • 10% rise in self-employment
    • 25% "other": COVID fears, child care constraints

Name:  Guestimate.png
Views: 721
Size:  90.1 KB

What we have here is an intelligence failure. You may be familiar with staring directly at that when shaving. .
    -Ottime
    One man can only push so many boulders up hills at one time.
    -BMillsSkier

having a beer at the craft brew so I'm talking to Ronny the bartender ( early 20's born here ) and I ask why are there no workers ?

She said everybody she knows in small town has quit their shitty jobs cuz they got better jobs

well then where did those people go who used to work at those better jobs ?

Ronny wasn't sure
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by seano732 View Post
    Hell ya! Your business isn't REALLY successful if your employees still qualify for food stamps..

Quote Originally Posted by seano732 View Post
    His rants are always good, but that one in particular really wraps it up perfectly.

/end thread

^Has a thread ever actually ended this way?
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    ^Has a thread ever actually ended this way?
    I mean... it could have. But you fucked it up by responding.

As did I.

Nice job.

I like pie?
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Well I just joined the group. Resignation just went in. So that makes both my wife and I part of it in the last 3 months.

Took a pay cut to go work for a very cool org. Stoked.

Whelp, my corporate overlords have bowed to the federal government overlords and thrown down the "EVERYBODY" gauntlet. I'd already uploaded my vax info to the WorkDay HR portal. They are estimating based on employee surveys that 90%+ of US based employees are fully vaxxed already. It will be interesting to see who drops off the corporate grid. Up until now it was just required to set foot on company property. Since Uncle Sam is our biggest customer by a longshot we all knew it was coming...

My bad. Let's try again...

/end thread
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Got a plan?

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    This. When people start spouting this horseshit, I simply tune them out... because there's no point in even discussing a comparison this dumb.
    Yeah, the laws of income and spending aren't the same as yours or my monthly budget when you're dealing with trillions of dollars, let alone trillions of dollars backed by a super low interest security that may be the very foundation of the global economy (the US Treasury Bond).
    It's very naive to pretend they're in any way similar.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Yeah, the laws of income and spending aren't the same as yours or my monthly budget when you're dealing with trillions of dollars, let alone trillions of dollars backed by a super low interest security that may be the very foundation of the global economy (the US Treasury Bond).
    It's very naive to pretend they're in any way similar.
    Or they just don't realize most people don't pay cash for their houses or cars. Or, they don't think anyone ever refinances anything.. Even with a small business, the leveraging gets bigger, not smaller the more successful and thriving the business becomes and is growing..

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    having a beer at the craft brew so I'm talking to Ronny the bartender ( early 20's born here ) and I ask why are there no workers ?

She said everybody she knows in small town has quit their shitty jobs cuz they got better jobs

well then where did those people go who used to work at those better jobs ?

Ronny wasn't sure
    They left their shitty job for Ronnys former coworkers and got a slightly less shitty one, another step up the ladder. It took a pandemic for some people to have the smarts/stones to finally look for something better.
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    Whelp, my corporate overlords have bowed to the federal government overlords and thrown down the "EVERYBODY" gauntlet. I'd already uploaded my vax info to the WorkDay HR portal. They are estimating based on employee surveys that 90%+ of US based employees are fully vaxxed already. It will be interesting to see who drops off the corporate grid. Up until now it was just required to set foot on company property. Since Uncle Sam is our biggest customer by a longshot we all knew it was coming...
    OSHA regulations should come out soon. My guess is employers will have until Jan 2022 to comply.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    They left their shitty job for Ronnys former coworkers and got a slightly less shitty one, another step up the ladder. It took a pandemic for some people to have the smarts/stones to finally look for something better.
    well Ronny likes bartending and she is probably now slinging beer at the best place in town TO sling beer so in her mind she has moved up .

its also pretty easy for people to get a camp job up here on major projects but apparently they can't find workers either skilled or not, even the drug dealer from the bar got himself vaxed & has found himself a good camp gig

big question is who & where are the people that left the work force ?

I've also seen an artical that some 65+ retired folks are short of $$$$$ and having to come back to work
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know