Page 2 of 64 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    Yeah but at least the costs of skiing went up again.
    I heard it went down. Epic passes were 20% off!

I saw and interview with a Kroeger exec talking about the reluctance of the company to give front line workers hazard pay. The interviewer mentioned that Kroeger Inc was reporting record profits. The exec's reply was while the company is very profitable now in investing their capital, the stores were working on razor thin margins. My thought was....

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	01-greedy-capitalist-pig1.jpg 
Views:	318 
Size:	93.8 KB 
ID:	389305
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

And another one…… Makes me a little nostalgic for the old bartending days……”Eat. My. Ass. “ LOLOLOL
    https://twitter.com/rexchapman/statu...278474243?s=21

Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    I heard it went down. Epic passes were 20% off!
    Big whoop, I don't live in an Epic venue.

At my area the costs went up > 20%.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

My supervisor quit about a week ago. He doesn't have another gig lined up- just reached his tolerance level for bullshit and decided to use his time to look around I guess. His wife works for the company still so he did it quietly and respectfully but everybody knows who drove him out. I'm sure if I didn't have kids I would have walked away years ago but the money is too good. When I was single my tolerance for bullshit was so low. A grand in the bank was fuck you money back then. I'm curious to see how my attitude changes once my kids are done with school.

Big whoop, I don't live in an Epic venue.

At my area the costs went up > 20%.
    Yeah my ski area isn’t epic either. And yeah prices went up. I’m hoping that discouraged people from buying a pass there. Only time will tell.

Eh, wage stagnation, siphoning of all profits to shareholders instead of those who made them, shitty management - none of it surprises me. Especially for companies forcing people back in now for no reason, I see a lot of people saying "WTF, I quit, you're idiots" because senior management is so out of touch and want butts in seats. You have to offer good people a good deal - compensation and treatment.

I heard many older people that had been working into old age, retired during covids
    Many younger people at my work. Physical job. have a very low tolerance for any discomfort. They are angry about our senority system . They call off or come in late and still want respect

Statistics are showing it’s the 30-45 years olds that are quitting at a new, higher rate and that is what is scaring the proletariat.

Quote Originally Posted by Conundrum View Post
    Statistics are showing it’s the 30-45 years olds that are quitting at a new, higher rate and that is what is scaring the proletariat.
    Plenty of people I know in that bracket weathered COVID while dealing with lots of other shit and are fleeing shitty employers as they know their value on the marketplace. Attrition for employees at high satisfaction workplaces is normal

Quote Originally Posted by schuss View Post
    Attrition for employees at high satisfaction workplaces is normal
    I wondered about that, but assumed as much.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

It did? I always found the Ikon pass a deal. YRMV.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

You, too, can make up to $30k a year!
    Super hazzardous, back breaking work while incurring noise and air pollution!

Name:	3C0D2762-FB1F-4D1E-8AB6-74E83FBBB889.jpg 
Views:	267 
Size:	503.7 KB 
ID:	389327

When I was supervising for a good sized company, often I'd get guys who came to me and confided they were looking at going somewhere else, and could I be counted on for a recommendation. They were almost always sheepish about it. I always told them - every single day the owners of that company were looking for a way to make more money, and looking for better deals. There was no reason in the world the workers shouldn't be doing the exact same thing.

I wasn't very popular with HR.

I think a whole lot of people finally had an opportunity to look at how they were making a living and realized there was a better way.

Just read in Bloomberg that Big Sky charging $220 for full price tickets with tram access. W in T actual F?

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using TGR Forums mobile app

Will we notice that in the lift lines?
    Sadly not. All the people that were left behind are ski bums and rich skier type people who will be buying Fast Tracks passes.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

I heard lines at Denver International were EpiKonic this weekend because of TSA labor shortages. Security lines wrapped around the concourse and out to baggage claim.

Only a sign of what’s to come considering 40% TSA agents have a month to get vaccinated or get the boot.

Quote Originally Posted by 3s View Post
    Many younger people at my work. Physical job. have a very low tolerance for any discomfort. They are angry about our senority system . They call off or come in late and still want respect
    +1
    My man. Preach.
    north bound horse.

Quote Originally Posted by stalefish3169 View Post
    Just read in Bloomberg that Big Sky charging $220 for full price tickets with tram access. W in T actual F?

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using TGR Forums mobile app
    Actually, your $222 won't even get you tram access. Could be up to $300 a day if you want that. Seriously, I'm sure I don't need to tell you to ski somewhere else.

“Last season the tram lines grew beyond what we thought was acceptable,” says Troy Nedved, Big Sky Resort general manager. As a result it will now charge $20 to $80 extra per day for tram access—on top of regular lift ticket prices, which during the winter holidays can cost $222 a day.

Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    This will definitely be on full display at your local ski area this year.
    without a doubt
    shits fucked
    everyone that can is leaving or hiding over in park county christmas new years it is going to be a gong show in worst way ever
    all it's going to take is a few self entitled tourons second homowners and jerks and the people waiting hand and foot on them are going to put their foot right in mr/mrs entitled ass

city market here in breckenridge is a mess the few people left working there do their absolute best

Quote Originally Posted by wooley12 View Post
    I saw and interview with a Kroeger exec talking about the reluctance of the company to give front line workers hazard pay. The interviewer mentioned that Kroeger Inc was reporting record profits. The exec's reply was while the company is very profitable now in investing their capital, the stores were working on razor thin margins. My thought was....

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	01-greedy-capitalist-pig1.jpg 
Views:	318 
Size:	93.8 KB 
ID:	389305
    Unfortunately capital doesn't include people. Most companies, i.e., the executives view labor as a cost/liability on the balance sheet.

Company I work for has had about a dozen people leave across multiple departments. Overworked, and no raises at the start of the year. People are just saying screw this and leaving. Not sure the grass is greener on the other side. Just a different shade of green.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/10/16/econo...ogg/index.html
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

A ton of people are just leaving cause they want a different life. Less commute, different job, start their own gig, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by EWG View Post
    A ton of people are just leaving cause they want a different life. Less commute, different job, start their own gig, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Or retiring a bit earlier than they had been planning.

The last couple of years have made a lot of people reevaluate their lives and what they want out of them.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Haven't seen anything ever top the flight attendant that got on the PA and told all the passengers and crew to fuck off, grabbed a beer from the galley then popped and hopped the slide out of the plane..
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!