Page 33 of 64 FirstFirst ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    Maybe they’re looked down upon because they keep fucking voting against their own best interests and it’s god damn frustrating. Tired of those excuses.
    Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    It's everyone else's fault that they do that too.. Just like it's everyone else's fault they were "tricked" in to storming the capital and committing treason. murdering cops, etc...
    What do you want here exactly? I’ve given up, we’re doomed.
    Maybe bringing back the FCC Fairness Doctrine so they wouldn't be so easily manipulated in to voting against their own (and 99% of everyone else's) best interests? I just want people to act rationally a little more often. Nobody's perfect, but holy shit storming state and national capital buildings because your guy lost and the other folks are telling you to do a few things in the name of public health and safety?? I definitely want to figure out how help people think and act rationally again..
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

^^ Yeah, I had a few Halloween cocktails and misread your previous post. On the same page.

But stand by us being doomed.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

The Great Resignation ‘21

Maybe bringing back the FCC Fairness Doctrine ..
    FCC FD was not applicable to cable. Only broadcast. So fox was gonna fox regardless. Although I don’t think it was a bad thing to have such a policy in place in the past. Letting networks combine roll their news divisions into entertainment was not helpful though in keeping quality journalism alive that’s for sure

Maybe bringing back the FCC Fairness Doctrine so they wouldn't be so easily manipulated in to voting against their own (and 99% of everyone else's) best interests? I just want people to act rationally a little more often. Nobody's perfect, but holy shit storming state and national capital buildings because your guy lost and the other folks are telling you to do a few things in the name of public health and safety?? I definitely want to figure out how help people think and act rationally again..
    "Easily manipulated"? Holy shit. I've seen a few interviews with blacks recently with them saying no more, this is bullshit, I'm not even voting anymore because everything they were conned into voting for in this last election ain't happening because President Manchin and VP Sinema can't even not obstruct a voting rights bill. This is why Trump may very well be President in '24, because of the bullshit Dems perform when they have "power", not tv ads.

Dems could use a good Minister of Propaganda.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    "Easily manipulated"? Holy shit. I've seen a few interviews with blacks recently with them saying no more, this is bullshit, I'm not even voting anymore because everything they were conned into voting for in this last election ain't happening because President Manchin (R-WV) and VP Sinema (R-AZ) can't even not obstruct a voting rights bill. This is why Trump may very well be President in '24, because of the bullshit Dems perform when they have "power", not tv ads.
    You forgot the affiliations. Makes interpreting the current situation a little easier.

But stand by us being doomed.
    Has "no child left behind" already dumbed down our society to the level of Idiocracy past the point of no return? I agree there are fools on both sides.. but the heavily armed ones are more dangerous than the ones sitting things out..

Quote Originally Posted by Toadman View Post
    Dems could use a good Minister of Propaganda.
    The focus (and $$) is always on campaigning and the election, NOT how to govern. It is uniquely the DNC candidates that get into power and have no idea how to operate within their political climate.

Quote Originally Posted by Asspen View Post
    The focus (and $$) is always on campaigning and the election, NOT how to govern. It is uniquely the DNC candidates that get into power and have no idea how to operate within their political climate.
    John McCain disagrees.

Quote Originally Posted by Asspen View Post
    I know right? Just look at how Trump’s team(s) ran the Exec branch

The R's don't have any idea how to govern either but they're way better at marketing and staying on message.

Considering that probably 95% of advertising creative types are D's, I really don't get how this can be true, but it is.

The quick and virtually complete capitulation by Deere to the strikers is a good omen, though.

Quote Originally Posted by ötzi View Post
    The R's don't have any idea how to govern either but they're way better at marketing and staying on message.

Considering that probably 95% of advertising creative types are D's, I really don't get how this can be true, but it is.
    You succinctly typed my thoughts better than I. Touche.

Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post
    I know right? Just look at how Trump’s team(s) ran the Exec branch
    Imagine how fucked we'd all be if they weren't a bunch of greedy bumbling idiots!

Lincoln project does good messaging but they can't seem to keep enough mainstream exposure/airplay to reach the folks they really are trying to reach..

Lincoln project does good messaging but they can't seem to keep enough mainstream exposure/airplay to reach the folks they really are trying to reach..
    point me to a single candidate they've put through that doesn't follow GOP leadership. They're just noise. I like the spirit, but they feel like they're patting their own backs when they should be actually working to turn the tide. You see it in every "moderate" republican - as soon as they do anything useful, they announce they're retiring on the next go-round, rather than putting in the work to change the party.

Probably worth noting that the Lincoln Project crew are all right out of the R machine.

Quote Originally Posted by schuss View Post
    point me to a single candidate they've put through that doesn't follow GOP leadership.
    My point is the messaging is on point. If fails to reach those who need to be influenced by it most though.. Wasn't there a recent major event ad like the Superbowl or something like that where the network caved at the last minute and pulled their ad for some ridiculous reason?? I'm thinking the gatekeepers are keeping them on the DL preventing those messages from being seen enough to matter..

It's easier to stay on message when you're trying to sell simple solutions to complex problems.

The reason Ds can't govern is too many pet projects. The Rs simply don't want to govern.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    It's easier to stay on message when you're trying to sell simple solutions to complex problems.
    True

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    The reason Ds can't govern is too many pet projects. The Rs simply don't want to govern.
    Also true.

It’s also a message that much better fits our current communications cultural moment. No accident that among white non-college voters the gop/dem split is even among those who’ve read a book in the last year, where it favors the gop almost 3:1 among those who haven’t.

Nailed it! The R's are successful because they know that when you dumb down complex topics into emotion-driven sound bites, you can recruit the feable brained masses.

"We're going to immediately repeal and replace Obamacare and my plan will save money and result in better health care."
    -Trump

the Rs don’t care how to govern, and their voters don’t give a damn. It’s pure bullshit entertainment for Fox News and the online entertainment complex.

Quote Originally Posted by huckbucket View Post
    "We're going to immediately repeal and replace Obamacare and my plan will save money and result in better health care."
    -Trump
    And it will be so easy!