Page 44 of 64 FirstFirst ... 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 ... LastLast
Results 1,076 to 1,100 of 1590
    Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    thats quite true, but that’s also connections masquerading as merit & hustle culture.
    don't hate the playa ...

Quote Originally Posted by MontuckyFried View Post
    You an HR corporate goon or something?
    You a science-denying conspiracy theorist?

Quote Originally Posted by snapt View Post
    Those who can't do, teach. Those who can't teach, go to HR.
    You missed a few rungs.

Those who can’t teach, criticize
    Those with nothing useful to say, enforce other peoples rules
    Those who aren’t respected, work in HR

Most of the "good" candidates are already back on the job. All that's left is the science denying antivaxer immigrant blaming bottom of the barrel.. And, they can't even just go join the military with that attitude anymore.
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

God damn.

To get through the online hiring process a former coworker told me he would copy & paste the job posting into a word doc, change the font color to white, shrink the font, and submit the extra blank page with his resume package.

I dunno, the town here had to cut the hours at the Transfer Station because they can't get people, they're paying $23/hr. to start with raises possible/probable after 3 months, with full benes including health and vaca. It's not hard work, and it's not dirty, it's mostly outdoors but they don't have to stand out in the rain, and they get to play with and learn to operate heavy machinery, it's kinda hard to figure, be a great job for a young guy out of high school or whatever.

They guy that built this house has had some of the same people for 20+ years, treats them like gold, pays great money, and can't find anyone to hire to replace two guys that retired.

There's a ton of examples around here of good jobs going begging. Not corporate stuff, I don't know about that, but good blue-collar jobs that people could live on.

Quote Originally Posted by huckbucket View Post
    don't hate the playa ...
    Unless you are an a+ team the game is an indictment

yeah, once blue collar talent leaves town m9ney ain’t gonna get em back

....good blue-collar jobs that people could live on
    Don't tell how are we supposed to keep prices up?

Here in Grand County USA, employers on the top of the wage scale are doing fine. The proper is that entities like govenments, grocerty stores, etc. can't move fast enough to keep up.

I know a younger dude that started a snow shoveling business about 10 years ago when he was about 21. 10 years on he kills it, condo complex's and the like. He starts guys at $30/hr., gives them a $5/ season bonus, pays extra for things like on call and roofs and gives a ski pass. I saw his crew out this morning and they were stoked. Apparently, he bought all the hispanics 2nd had gear and they are skiing this year! I can't wait to see those dudes out.

I have seen many employers enhance benefits this year on top of increased pay for recruiting and retention purposes. Trades more so than others but total comp seems to be ramping up significantly. Although my neck of the woods is hitting the national news for being one of the most unaffordable places in the nation to live (median income vs housing) where two years ago the housing cost was a major recruiting tool.

Quote Originally Posted by O.C. View Post
    To get through the online hiring process a former coworker told me he would copy & paste the job posting into a word doc, change the font color to white, shrink the font, and submit the extra blank page with his resume package.
    My god that's good.

twenty years ago the housing cost was a major recruiting tool.
    A got a handful of friends that moved to Boy-see way back when because it was a generally quiet place with affordable housing and good outdoor recreation. Sounds like its only one of three now.

If it's a job you really want, definitely build a custom resume and cover letter that checks all the boxes in the job description posted. Do some other research on the company too before you actually speak with them..
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

That’s amazing…
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Genius.

Quote Originally Posted by snapt View Post
    Those who can't do, teach.
    Can't do what? History? Math? English? Makes zero sense. Teaching is harder than your job, guaranteed.

The Great Resignation ‘21

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    Can't do what? History? Math? English? Makes zero sense. Teaching is harder than your job, guaranteed.
    What do you have against idioms? It was employed creatively to say that HR sucks, I thought.

Name:  Image1636689103.787878.jpg
Views: 628
Size:  95.5 KB
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

Quote Originally Posted by bagtagley View Post
    What do you have against idioms? It was employed creatively to say that HR sucks, I thought.

Name:  Image1636689103.787878.jpg
Views: 628
Size:  95.5 KB
    Right over yeahman's fucking head.

Please explain for those who have no idea

Quote Originally Posted by ::: ::: View Post
    Please explain for those who have no idea
    I think the idea is that the copy pasted text acts as a "metadata" for the programs that process the applications, i.a it has all the keywords/skills that the HR has defined that the applicant should have.

The floggings will continue until morale improves.

The fact that he thought to do that *might* make him a good applicant!
    Or not.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by Meathelmet View Post
    I think the idea is that the copy pasted text acts as a "metadata" for the programs that process the applications, i.a it has all the keywords/skills that the HR has defined that the applicant should have.
    Ya, it seemed pretty obvious.

^Exactly

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    The fact that he thought to do that *might* make him a good applicant!
    Or not.
    ^Yep. It helped get him the position he's in now. However he didn't have the skills & experience he claimed, and hasn't made the effort to gain them in the 5 years since he took the position, which happens to be a pretty important mid level role. This is in the gov. BTW. As in any line of work not having a competent individual in the position hurts the entire work unit. To make things worse leadership also seems to not fully understand the position either or lacks the accountability to correct the problem. The situation is allowed to perpetuate.
    Meanwhile competent staff who is underemployed and/or under-appreciated have been leaving. In a relatively specialized line of work this has typically meant either packing up and moving or even changing careers...which is why some choose to stay underemployed. Last I checked we were at like 45% vacancies locally. That number is probably more like 50% now as three permanent workers have left in the last 4 weeks. By the time a vacancy gets posted one or two more have opened up. Another trend has been to hire people for mid level roles right out of college with little experience, maybe 2-3 summers of relative seasonal work. The last few years these people have been cycling through every 1-2 years (leaving once they get trained up) as they realize they can't afford housing, or realize they lack the exp. to do the job.

That's what I'm seeing.

Yeah. The HR bots are on to that little trick already.

How To Beat The ATS (and get immediately rejected!)
    https://www.recruitinginyogapants.co...-rejected.html

Wife is giving her notice as we speak, though she is moving on and not just resigning. New position, better company, 60+% pay raise. Seems the market is still kinda hot.