Page 58 of 64 FirstFirst ... 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ... LastLast
Results 1,426 to 1,450 of 1590
    Quote Originally Posted by oldnew_guy View Post
    First thought is: Can’t be real? Right?

Second is: if real this person would definitely be down with owning slaves if they could
    Third is: If somehow real it's almost certainly an at-will state. He can't legally require any amount of notice, and I'm sure he'd happily lay off someone with no notice.

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    Narrator: And the very next day, the *rest* of the team quit with no notice whatsoever...

Gotta be a fake.
    I don’t see how it could be fake. The source was infallible: Reddit post.

Quote Originally Posted by J. Barron DeJong View Post
    I don’t see how it could be fake. The source was infallible: Reddit post.
    That's an excellent point.

First thought is: Can’t be real? Right?

Second is: if real this person would definitely be down with owning slaves if they could
    when I worked retail the district managers illuminated me on the mindset of people who ran concentration camps, that ain’t Godwin those fuckers would kill

Still can’t figure out why so many people are quitting their jobs these days….

Attachment 413885

https://twitter.com/zenofdesign/stat...oP4msMlkTDiBYA
    wow.

(skiJ)

Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

IRS is looking for people....however the requirements include:

- Maintain a level of fitness necessary to effectively respond to life-threatening situations on the job.

- Carry a firearm and be willing to use deadly force, if necessary.

https://www.jobs.irs.gov/resources/j...-special-agent

One of my early landlords was an IRS special agent. Kind of a lying dickhead...

And so with back to work mode we've entered the era of "quite quitting". Imagine a world where employees have enough bargaining power to stop doing job related tasks when not actually on the clock or beyond 40 hours a week even if on salary?? Oh the humanity!!

Managers freaking out over 'quiet quitting' shows some bosses are out of touch and have always expected their employees to work extra

I decided about 10 years ago I was done being that go getter guy who stayed connected to work after 5 on weekdays or on weekends. If I know stuff is needed like quarter end Saturday chaos help I'm going to lollygag part of the other weekdays some. I let every new manager know in advance that's how we roll if they want me on the team. And, I know that's why I'm not management material anymore because of that. Been there, done that for 30 years. Power to the younger folks who are also deciding that family time and personal time are more important than being promoted to an even more stressful, more time demanding higher paying gig.

Companies will just work you till you drop and then drop you when they want.

https://www.npr.org/2022/10/05/11270...len-in-the-u-s

Quote Originally Posted by fomofo View Post

"So Brian opted out. He got his real estate license and is going to work for himself - says he'll buy his own gold watch."

Godspeed, kid.

Quote Originally Posted by fomofo View Post

Company just texts that they’re cutting everyones pay in half? Yeah, I’d resign too.

Company just texts that they’re cutting everyones pay in half? Yeah, I’d resign too.
    if you didn’t you’d be a dumbass

That may be the only time I've seen ennui used outside of Gorey.

Despite all of this, the labor market is still tight

Multitasking at a whole new level? I had a hunch people were doing this. I actually thought about it..

Equifax said it fired employees for working as many as 3 jobs at once in an internal operation known as 'Project Home Alone'

I feel like the whole two remote jobs thing is super short sighted. At least in my field, I don't think I'd make it more than a month or two before two conflicting last minute things popped up and the jig would be up.
    Live Free or Die

Quote Originally Posted by AdironRider View Post
    I feel like the whole two remote jobs thing is super short sighted. At least in my field, I don't think I'd make it more than a month or two before two conflicting last minute things popped up and the jig would be up.
    Because everyone else's jobs are just like yours?

I know you just want to burn me but you don't have a boss that will give you a short deadline every once in a while?
    Live Free or Die

Oh it's going to be excuses like I have to take my dog to the vet. .. or the school just called and I have to go pickup a sick kid.. It could definitely go on for awhile before the lies pile up enough to warrant HR vetted termination... Because firing someone for those kind of things, if it were true, would be a huge risk.

Really? I can’t think of any desk job I’ve ever had where I couldn’t reliably wiggle out of any last minute engagement with a credible excuse. Kids and doctor appointments leave paper trails. Useful in a pinch, but…. Dogs, migraines, home emergencies, stomach bugs, etc. “I’ve spent the last hour on or bent over the toilet, don’t think I’ll be making this Zoom, so sorry.” Is not gonna get a lot of pushback. And if it does in “your field” then wtf, man?

Not advocating for holding down two full time jobs without disclosure, though if you can make it work and make everybody happy I guess why not? I’ve gone through plenty of times in my careers where I’m working at half speed or even where to do the job well requires less than half of my attention. Not sure I could maintain two half speed jobs for a long time, but if the money was good….
    focus.

Society to poor person who doesn’t have enough money: “you should get a second job”

Society to decently well off person who wants to make more money by working two jobs and is ostensibly pulling it off: “that’s scandalous, unethical and you should be ashamed of taking advantage of your employers like that”.

Society to poor person who doesn’t have enough money: “you should get a second job”

Society to decently well off person who wants to make more money by working two jobs and is ostensibly pulling it off: “that’s scandalous, unethical and you should be ashamed of taking advantage of your employers like that”.
    Or, like in the very article we are talking about here, society fires that decently well off person for scamming the system.
    Live Free or Die

Oh and those Mc bBurger/Dollar General gigs will try to tell the 20 hour a week min wage employee they shouldn't be working for other places, especially competitors.. LOLOLOL

Quote Originally Posted by Mustonen View Post
    Really? I can’t think of any desk job I’ve ever had where I couldn’t reliably wiggle out of any last minute engagement with a credible excuse.
    I wouldn't ever get fired or lose my job because of that, but i absolutely have situations where i would get fired by the client for doing that one too many times. A large part of my job is to ensure my team doesnt have to deal with conflicting fire drills.