Page 46 of 64 FirstFirst ... 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ... LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,150 of 1590
    The wife works in healthcare and they just broke the news today that our insurance premiums are jumping 50%. At least they gave her a cool 3% raise this year. It's a wonder they can't fill jobs in the healthcare industry. $400/mo for the two of us when you partially control the costs of the care? Ok then.

Thankfully we have killer secondary insurance through my employer that picks up the tab.

Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post
    Because these people would rather not work than put up with your motherfuckingcocksuckerfuckshit?
    Thankfully we got an appointment scheduled at CVS, so they got to put up with
    my motheruckingcocksuckerfuckshit.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyCarter View Post
    8th Amendment bro
    Ha!

The Great Resignation ‘21

Walgreens corp sets the schedules of shots every 10 minutes and trust me when I say that’s really not enough time for check in and processing and giving the shot. In addition to all the regular prescription pick ups, covid testing, filling prescriptions etc that techs do and it’s really hard to hire and retain them. Because asshole customers who take it out on them.
    Last edited by hikesalot; 11-12-2021 at 09:27 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by My Pet Powder Goat View Post
    Come for the poo-slinging, Save a fortune on a plumber.

Huh? If Walgreens knowingly schedules appointments they cannot keep that is bad business and of course people will be pissed. Same as it would be for any company that wastes customer time. Also, Walgreens the company sucks. They put a friction burn on the last administration's leg to get the COVID deal so they could harvest data and sell more shit.

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/0...er-data-478977
    https://www.nbcnews.com/health/healt...tates-n1266032
    https://www.reuters.com/technology/w...de-2021-09-13/

But taking it out on the staff who are there working isn’t going to do you any good. Yes, corp sucks.
    Quote Originally Posted by My Pet Powder Goat View Post
    Come for the poo-slinging, Save a fortune on a plumber.

The Great Resignation ‘21

Pharmacists already had a full time job when Pharmacorps decided to capture new markets by offering vaccinations & acting like mini health clinics. Pharmacorps should have staffed up for the new services. Instead they just dumped it on the existing staff.

It is zero surprise that the various places can’t keep their schedules.

We just went thru the same thing getting our flu shots last month. An hour wait.

CVS here is way understaffed, there's constantly a long line to pick up meds. There's an independent pharmacy nearby and they're fully staffed and efficient. I was talking to a pharmacist at the independent place, turned out that he had recently left CVS.

He said that CVS was pretty good before covid, they pay pretty well and have decent benes. But the pressure to do more and more in less time with no increase (and eventually a sharp decline) in staffing had turned it into a nightmare so he split.

Quote Originally Posted by snowaddict91 View Post
    The wife works in healthcare and they just broke the news today that our insurance premiums are jumping 50%. At least they gave her a cool 3% raise this year. It's a wonder they can't fill jobs in the healthcare industry. $400/mo for the two of us when you partially control the costs of the care? Ok then.

Thankfully we have killer secondary insurance through my employer that picks up the tab.
    do you think it has anything to do with covid ?
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

I dunno. Here in Moose we have a Walgreens, CVS, or HyVee pharmacy on virtually every corner. Or go to Target for even more CVS stoke. Wal Mart pharmacy next to that. Literally never a line at any of them.

Iowa sucks and it is getting worse by the day. But it always has been and still is an easy place to get meds and to get shit done in general. I'll miss that someday lord willing.
    Last edited by uglymoney; 11-13-2021 at 08:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    do you think it has anything to do with covid ?
    I mean to an extent, sure. The healthcare system in the US is being held together by toothpicks at the moment.

The bigger factor is the hospital system is undergoing an outside audit due to budget issues and is making a bunch of sweeping changes.

Well CVS probably beats shoveling pig shit.

Norcal Kaiser pharmacists going on strike for a week next week. I ordinarily would be sympathetic but doing it just as they're rolling out the 5-12 vaccine is a big fuck you to a lot of parents. Kaiser patients can get their shots anywhere but it will certainly delay things for a bunch of anxious people.

Otoh, gotta strike when you have the most leverage.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

I generally think our county governments does a good job. Historically, there benefit package has made up for low wages. Right now this is not the case. $25ish for a CDL is not enough. It would be such a layup for the Commissioners to start the conversation with the tax payers that, as an employer, they need to pay the prevailing market wage and even perhaps a living wage but I guess that's not how it goes down.

https://www.skyhinews.com/news/count...ator-shortage/

Quote Originally Posted by ötzi View Post
    Well CVS probably beats shoveling pig shit.
    Not really, the bacon at cvs sucks.

Just talking about this last night. Women staying home with the kids.

Are Americans starting to embrace one-earner households again?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...seholds-again/

Does your meds fall under mail order? If so, why drive anywhere? And it might be cheaper.[/QUOTE]

Don't think they deliver thorazine in the mail...

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyCarter View Post
    8th Amendment bro
    Maybe it would no longer be that way if everyone got to spend quality time on the other side of that counter
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Quote Originally Posted by Scrubadub View Post
    Does your meds fall under mail order? If so, why drive anywhere? And it might be cheaper.
    Don't think they deliver thorazine in the mail...[/QUOTE]

There it is.

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    Otoh, gotta strike when you have the most leverage.
    I don't know if that figured into their thinking--probably did. In general I agree with you but this situation is over the line IMO by creating a (minor) risk to public health.
    The problem with striking Kaiser or any other capitated health system is that it hurts the members a lot more than it hurts the company. It's not like a fee for service hospital that loses revenue during a strike. Kaiser saves money during strikes--they pay some for some outside care and drugs but more than make up for it by reducing hospital census and canceling everything non-emergency. The only leverage is indirect--bad PR, pissed off members, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Just talking about this last night. Women staying home with the kids.

Are Americans starting to embrace one-earner households again?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...seholds-again/
    We’ve been talking about this a lot. But I don’t see how’s it’s sustainable. Everything is just too expensive unless you live in a shithole.

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    We’ve been talking about this a lot. But I don’t see how’s it’s sustainable. Everything is just too expensive unless you live in a shithole.
    Or is everything expensive between households are two earner. Or both--a classic chicken vs egg problem or positive feedback loop.
    Way I see it the only solution is to put money back into the hands of working people and into the economy by taxing the piss out of the rich--like 50's and early 60's marginal tax rates--investing in public benefits like college education, day care etc, lowering taxes on everyone else--and none of that is happening any time soon, or ever.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Way I see it the only solution is to put money back into the hands of working people and into the economy by taxing the piss out of the rich--like 50's and early 60's marginal tax rates--investing in public benefits like college education, day care etc, lowering taxes on everyone else--and none of that is happening any time soon, or ever.
    Seems like that’s worth a try.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Or is everything expensive between households are two earner. Or both--a classic chicken vs egg problem or positive feedback loop.
    Way I see it the only solution is to put money back into the hands of working people and into the economy by taxing the piss out of the rich--like 50's and early 60's marginal tax rates--investing in public benefits like college education, day care etc, lowering taxes on everyone else
    Obviously you hate "Murika! bla bla bla Venezuela bla bla bla
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!