Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

EMTs, RNs, Medics - Want to move to Summit or Eagle county CO?

Want to live in the mountains, ski, bike, ride, boat, and live it up?

EMTs:
    Crit care techs ER (experience or will train)
    Crit Care tech PCU (experience or will train)

Paramedics:
    EMT Course Lead Faculty for a 4 year college (2-5 years experience full time in EMS, wilderness experience desirable)
    Community Paramedic for ambulance service (experienced)
    Paramedic Educator (3 years experience)
    CP Mgr (8 years of EMS)

RNs:
    Med Surg, ED, OR, PACU and ICU RNs (no new grads sorry)
    Monoclonal Antibody Therapy Nurse (ED experience desirable)

Good pay, good bennies, and good work environment/culture, but housing is a challenge (tradeoff for living in a rad place).

PM me if interested
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

LOL, every single mountain town is strapped for these positions, good luck. We're trying to hire 3 medics at the moment, very tough. Most of our little hospital's nursing staff has quit to take travel contracts so its all new grads and travelers, the providers are super stoked on that.

These are opportunities for 4 different entities. Yes some people want high paying travel contracts in places like North Dakota, but there might also be some skiers and riders who want to leave their cities for the mountains with good employers. Eagle County Paramedics might be the highest paying single role EMS service in the US with 911, CP, CCT, 48/96 and progressive protocols. Some people really want that rather than fire service and so they can ask for experience. To each their own. I'm just bringing the opportunities to mags.

Like I sad, good luck, truly. The hospitals here are attracting ski bums with winter contracts at 6-7K a week and housing. Its a tough market to find full timers these days and is driving down morale. And what experienced medic with a lick of sense doesn't want to be a non-transport fire/medic?!

Sooo...good pay like I can buy a modest house in a couple years and eat out once in a while, or good pay like 3 to a bedroom driving a beater car but can buy a new bike every 3 or 4 years?

Quote Originally Posted by mmmm...pow! View Post
    Sooo...good pay like I can buy a modest house in a couple years and eat out once in a while, or good pay like 3 to a bedroom driving a beater car but can buy a new bike every 3 or 4 years?
    Lets be honest, its the latter but you knew that already.

EMT $17.50-30/hr + diff (plus over 4 weeks of PTO, good medical, education dollars, wellness dollars, and the connections to get into the local and very affordable RN and Paramedic programs at the local college)
    Medic $23-61/hr (faculty and manager are going to pay more than a 1 year CP but on 48/96 the CP is going to make at least 75K/yr)
    RN $30-63/hr + diff (20 years of OR with certs is going to pay more than 1 year MS)

The South Tahoe Housing forum on FB is chock full of Summit Co expats thinking the lodging situation is going to be better here (spoiler: it isn't)
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

I like Tahoe and Kirkwood but I can't see trying to move from Summit to Tahoe for ease of living...

Can I work the Paramedic job remotely? Experienced NREMT.

Quote Originally Posted by snapt View Post
    And what experienced medic with a lick of sense doesn't want to be a non-transport fire/medic?!
    Ha. Truth.

And what experienced medic with a lick of sense doesn't want to be a non-transport fire/medic?!
    Community Paramedic, Medic Educator, CP Manager, and EMT instructor all are non-transporting EMS gigs that pay like a fire medic, which is important for people who don't have their FF or don't want to be in FD culture and jump through hose puller career hoops.

You can make $61 hr as a paramedic?

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    Community Paramedic, Medic Educator, CP Manager, and EMT instructor all are non-transporting EMS gigs that pay like a fire medic
    And then you lose the best thing about working in health care, the schedule. Unless you have a 60$ and hour EMT instructor on a 48/96 schedule for me?

Quote Originally Posted by AKPogue View Post
    You can make $61 hr as a paramedic?
    Well, you can make nearly $200 an hour as a paramedic. As long as you are also the chief of the San Fran fire department.

Quote Originally Posted by mmmm...pow! View Post
    It's gonna be closer to the latter around here no matter what you get paid
    Quote Originally Posted by other grskier View Post
    well, in the three years i've been skiing i bet i can ski most anything those 'pro's' i listed can, probably

Like I sad, good luck, truly. The hospitals here are attracting ski bums with winter contracts at 6-7K a week and housing. Its a tough market to find full timers these days and is driving down morale. And what experienced medic with a lick of sense doesn't want to be a non-transport fire/medic?!
    And it begs the eternal question: " Where the hell you going to live"? Big Eddy has a wait list.

$18/hr to work with Rontele at the Wendy’s here in El Jebel now. Plus a signing bonus…
    Should totally cover the down payment on this place:

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/2...ource=txtshare

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

Quote Originally Posted by grskier View Post
    $18/hr to work with Rontele at the Wendy’s here in El Jebel now. Plus a signing bonus…
    Should totally cover the down payment on this place:

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/2...ource=txtshare

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Show me anywhere in the country where an EMT can afford a house like that. Show me anywhere in the country where an EMT can afford a SFH on one salary even.

When I worked as an ambulance EMT making $7.89/hr, we used to say that if we wanted to make big boy money we'd become grocery baggers at City Market. Problem with EMT is that it's an easy and very short vocational certification taught at the high school level that you can earn in ~3 weeks in a compressed course, although most people do it part time over 12-16 weeks. EMT is an entry level certification, usually a stepping stone or a secondary job requirement, you can always mint more, so EMT pay is always low, often minimum wage, unless you work for a hospital which typically pays far better, or a fire department where being an EMT is considered a secondary role.

if any girls under 30 are applying and need housing let me know might be able to help

Quote Originally Posted by fastfred View Post
    if any girls under 30 are applying and need housing let me know might be able to help
    Creeeeepy!

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    When I worked as an ambulance EMT making $7.89/hr, we used to say that if we wanted to make big boy money we'd become grocery baggers at City Market. Problem with EMT is that it's an easy and very short vocational certification taught at the high school level that you can earn in ~3 weeks in a compressed course, although most people do it part time over 12-16 weeks. EMT is an entry level certification, usually a stepping stone or a secondary job requirement, you can always mint more, so EMT pay is always low, often minimum wage, unless you work for a hospital which typically pays far better, or a fire department where being an EMT is considered a secondary role.
    So there's jobs in Summit County and Eagle County that will pay a Paramedic up to $61 hr?
    The pacifists always lose, because the anti-pacifists kill them.

Quote Originally Posted by AKPogue View Post
    So there's jobs in Summit County and Eagle County that will pay a Paramedic up to $61 hr?
    Or the salary equivalent thereof, yes.

I assume mostly night RN positions