Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 27
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    9,300ft
    Posts
    19,145

    EMTs, RNs, Medics - Want to move to Summit or Eagle county CO?

    Want to live in the mountains, ski, bike, ride, boat, and live it up?

    EMTs:
    Crit care techs ER (experience or will train)
    Crit Care tech PCU (experience or will train)

    Paramedics:
    EMT Course Lead Faculty for a 4 year college (2-5 years experience full time in EMS, wilderness experience desirable)
    Community Paramedic for ambulance service (experienced)
    Paramedic Educator (3 years experience)
    CP Mgr (8 years of EMS)

    RNs:
    Med Surg, ED, OR, PACU and ICU RNs (no new grads sorry)
    Monoclonal Antibody Therapy Nurse (ED experience desirable)

    Good pay, good bennies, and good work environment/culture, but housing is a challenge (tradeoff for living in a rad place).

    PM me if interested
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Behind the Potato Curtain
    Posts
    3,785
    LOL, every single mountain town is strapped for these positions, good luck. We're trying to hire 3 medics at the moment, very tough. Most of our little hospital's nursing staff has quit to take travel contracts so its all new grads and travelers, the providers are super stoked on that.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    9,300ft
    Posts
    19,145
    These are opportunities for 4 different entities. Yes some people want high paying travel contracts in places like North Dakota, but there might also be some skiers and riders who want to leave their cities for the mountains with good employers. Eagle County Paramedics might be the highest paying single role EMS service in the US with 911, CP, CCT, 48/96 and progressive protocols. Some people really want that rather than fire service and so they can ask for experience. To each their own. I'm just bringing the opportunities to mags.
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Behind the Potato Curtain
    Posts
    3,785
    Like I sad, good luck, truly. The hospitals here are attracting ski bums with winter contracts at 6-7K a week and housing. Its a tough market to find full timers these days and is driving down morale. And what experienced medic with a lick of sense doesn't want to be a non-transport fire/medic?!

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    lake level
    Posts
    1,411
    Sooo...good pay like I can buy a modest house in a couple years and eat out once in a while, or good pay like 3 to a bedroom driving a beater car but can buy a new bike every 3 or 4 years?

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    The Goods Department
    Posts
    1,319
    Quote Originally Posted by mmmm...pow! View Post
    Sooo...good pay like I can buy a modest house in a couple years and eat out once in a while, or good pay like 3 to a bedroom driving a beater car but can buy a new bike every 3 or 4 years?
    Lets be honest, its the latter but you knew that already.
    Skiing in the rockies is like 70's porn

    Lots of bush

    Some wood

    No faceshots...

    -Mtnlion

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    9,300ft
    Posts
    19,145
    EMT $17.50-30/hr + diff (plus over 4 weeks of PTO, good medical, education dollars, wellness dollars, and the connections to get into the local and very affordable RN and Paramedic programs at the local college)
    Medic $23-61/hr (faculty and manager are going to pay more than a 1 year CP but on 48/96 the CP is going to make at least 75K/yr)
    RN $30-63/hr + diff (20 years of OR with certs is going to pay more than 1 year MS)
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Tahoe
    Posts
    14,626
    The South Tahoe Housing forum on FB is chock full of Summit Co expats thinking the lodging situation is going to be better here (spoiler: it isn't)
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    9,300ft
    Posts
    19,145
    I like Tahoe and Kirkwood but I can't see trying to move from Summit to Tahoe for ease of living...
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Ogden
    Posts
    7,155
    Can I work the Paramedic job remotely? Experienced NREMT.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Ogden
    Posts
    7,155
    Quote Originally Posted by snapt View Post
    And what experienced medic with a lick of sense doesn't want to be a non-transport fire/medic?!
    Ha. Truth.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    9,300ft
    Posts
    19,145
    Quote Originally Posted by snapt View Post
    And what experienced medic with a lick of sense doesn't want to be a non-transport fire/medic?!
    Community Paramedic, Medic Educator, CP Manager, and EMT instructor all are non-transporting EMS gigs that pay like a fire medic, which is important for people who don't have their FF or don't want to be in FD culture and jump through hose puller career hoops.
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Wish I knew?
    Posts
    2,732
    You can make $61 hr as a paramedic?

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Behind the Potato Curtain
    Posts
    3,785
    Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    Community Paramedic, Medic Educator, CP Manager, and EMT instructor all are non-transporting EMS gigs that pay like a fire medic
    And then you lose the best thing about working in health care, the schedule. Unless you have a 60$ and hour EMT instructor on a 48/96 schedule for me?

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Ogden
    Posts
    7,155
    Quote Originally Posted by AKPogue View Post
    You can make $61 hr as a paramedic?
    Well, you can make nearly $200 an hour as a paramedic. As long as you are also the chief of the San Fran fire department.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    CO
    Posts
    2,356
    Quote Originally Posted by mmmm...pow! View Post
    Sooo...good pay like I can buy a modest house in a couple years and eat out once in a while, or good pay like 3 to a bedroom driving a beater car but can buy a new bike every 3 or 4 years?
    It's gonna be closer to the latter around here no matter what you get paid
    Quote Originally Posted by other grskier View Post
    well, in the three years i've been skiing i bet i can ski most anything those 'pro's' i listed can, probably

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Driggs
    Posts
    498
    Quote Originally Posted by snapt View Post
    Like I sad, good luck, truly. The hospitals here are attracting ski bums with winter contracts at 6-7K a week and housing. Its a tough market to find full timers these days and is driving down morale. And what experienced medic with a lick of sense doesn't want to be a non-transport fire/medic?!
    And it begs the eternal question: " Where the hell you going to live"? Big Eddy has a wait list.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Carbondale
    Posts
    11,342
    $18/hr to work with Rontele at the Wendy’s here in El Jebel now. Plus a signing bonus…
    Should totally cover the down payment on this place:

    https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/2...ource=txtshare


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    10,431
    Quote Originally Posted by grskier View Post
    $18/hr to work with Rontele at the Wendy’s here in El Jebel now. Plus a signing bonus…
    Should totally cover the down payment on this place:

    https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/2...ource=txtshare


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Show me anywhere in the country where an EMT can afford a house like that. Show me anywhere in the country where an EMT can afford a SFH on one salary even.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    9,300ft
    Posts
    19,145
    When I worked as an ambulance EMT making $7.89/hr, we used to say that if we wanted to make big boy money we'd become grocery baggers at City Market. Problem with EMT is that it's an easy and very short vocational certification taught at the high school level that you can earn in ~3 weeks in a compressed course, although most people do it part time over 12-16 weeks. EMT is an entry level certification, usually a stepping stone or a secondary job requirement, you can always mint more, so EMT pay is always low, often minimum wage, unless you work for a hospital which typically pays far better, or a fire department where being an EMT is considered a secondary role.
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    your vacation
    Posts
    3,016
    if any girls under 30 are applying and need housing let me know might be able to help

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    In the swamp
    Posts
    9,058
    Quote Originally Posted by fastfred View Post
    if any girls under 30 are applying and need housing let me know might be able to help
    Creeeeepy!

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Wish I knew?
    Posts
    2,732
    Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    When I worked as an ambulance EMT making $7.89/hr, we used to say that if we wanted to make big boy money we'd become grocery baggers at City Market. Problem with EMT is that it's an easy and very short vocational certification taught at the high school level that you can earn in ~3 weeks in a compressed course, although most people do it part time over 12-16 weeks. EMT is an entry level certification, usually a stepping stone or a secondary job requirement, you can always mint more, so EMT pay is always low, often minimum wage, unless you work for a hospital which typically pays far better, or a fire department where being an EMT is considered a secondary role.
    So there's jobs in Summit County and Eagle County that will pay a Paramedic up to $61 hr?
    The pacifists always lose, because the anti-pacifists kill them.

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    9,300ft
    Posts
    19,145
    Quote Originally Posted by AKPogue View Post
    So there's jobs in Summit County and Eagle County that will pay a Paramedic up to $61 hr?
    Or the salary equivalent thereof, yes.
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Salida, CO
    Posts
    1,492
    I assume mostly night RN positions

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •