Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Rampage 2021

Quote Originally Posted by californiagrown View Post
    FWIW, Tyler McCaul has repeatedly said that the riders can go much, much bigger than what they currently are at Rampage. https://www.welovecycling.com/wide/2...in-the-future/
    He seems to be talking about a one-off feature under ideal conditions, which I would totally agree with. That's basically the drop equivalent of Zink's 100-foot back flip. Zink's 100 footer also was seven years ago now and no one seems interested in besting it, so in the context of a full Rampage run I'm going to stick my position that things are pretty much maxed out.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    He seems to be talking about a one-off feature under ideal conditions, which I would totally agree with. That's basically the drop equivalent of Zink's 100-foot back flip. Zink's 100 footer also was seven years ago now and no one seems interested in besting it, so in the context of a full Rampage run I'm going to stick my position that things are pretty much maxed out.
    Agreed. Much in the same way that massive cliff hucks in skiing are maxxed out. You basically have to land on your neck and hot tub it to survive those 100+ footers, and the stomp-range of 70-80 feet max seems pretty established. Which is why creative / scary lines that don't even involve big air are what tend to get the most attention now (like Cody skiing the crack line several years back in AK).
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    (like Cody skiing the crack line several years back in AK).
    You must be talking about Travis Rice... oh wait
    a positive attitude will not solve all of your problems, but it may annoy enough people to make it worth the effort

Formerly Rludes025