Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    How does all of this affect the pole strap market?

Quote Originally Posted by Wrecked View Post
    Same as the strap market in every other country

Quote Originally Posted by Cono Este View Post
    Big banks have had “Chinese walls” forever. And these days, with electronic trading, it’s very had to read the order flow. Back in the day, brokers would have to tell us if they were customer or a broker dealer. We’d just fade on the bd’s. But the exchanges wanted the volume , even if we were getting picked off. So The rules and game has changed.

Citadel is doing some form of arbitrage 99% of the time. That’s why they have brightest people in the world working there. 12 yrs of making mkts in options and that shit is even beyond me. We had a nerd that works there now, betting on spin offs and shit, and he explained that shit to me many times and I was still confused. I’d just give him the position and split the profits. Stanford PhD in physics. Should have worked at NASA. Not internet bozos on redit.

Trust me, this simplistic narrative of long/short is to sell newspapers. David vs Goliath etc. sells well, but it’s laughable.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Again I never said it was simple. I think it crazy comples and deep. Care to explain why meme stocks like AMC have 10x time the FTD of Say Apple?

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    Whacka is trying so very, very desperately to make himself sound smart, he is coming off like a clown.
    Maybe I put this up here as a hedge it might actually happen. I mean if I told you GME was going to go 400+ dollars a year ago would you really take that seriously either? How about AMC going to 60+. If anyone told you that would happen would you really have taken them seriously? How about block buster stock Yes that block buster running 1300 percent in a day? I predicted that the day before it happened. Seriously I have time stamps on my facebook wall calling it.

The day that BLIAQ ran 1300 percent, was also the day that AMC has 1.6 million FTD. That day was Sept 2nd.

seriously look at this chart

https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/BLIAQ/

and look how the FTD peaked on that day.

https://stocksera.pythonanywhere.com...ver/?quote=AMC

Not even trying to sound smart, but it does seems like their are some people are well vest in market fuckery.

Quote Originally Posted by Bushwacka View Post
    Again I never said it was simple. I think it crazy comples and deep. Care to explain why meme stocks like AMC have 10x time the FTD of Say Apple?
    One reason, Because it’s hard to borrow, and people were bought in. Who knows what kind of derivative, otc trades were out there. There is no way to know, and there is no reason short interest means anything without knowing all of that. You could be short a million shares and be praying it goes higher.

Quote Originally Posted by Cono Este View Post
    One reason, Because it’s hard to borrow, and people were bought in. Who knows what kind of derivative, otc trades were out there. There is no way to know, and there is no reason short interest means anything without knowing all of that. You could be short a million shares and be praying it goes higher.

can you explain why you could be short a million shares and wanting it to go higher? Do it like I am 10.

Folks here best worry more about natural gas being up 180% going in to this winter. Say hello to heating bills that are almost three times what they were last winter..
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

It’s refreshing to watch a true legit expert (Cono) explain to Bushleague why he’s an idiot clown who is woefully out of his league.

Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    Needs more tilting.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Is there someone here who's also a mod on mtbr that could un-ban Josh?

Quote Originally Posted by Wrecked View Post
    I think pole straps are a pretty recession proof industry. Where my concern lies is powder skirts

I’ve got it! MAGNETICbreakaway straps!

(If it hasn’t been done, probably has)
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

^^^True
    The durable market is for tools that assess the slope angle of gnarly Killington glades.

And in promoting extreme sports events like The Gnarly Killington Glade Challenge(*), led by Josh of course.

Maybe RiseToTheTop could be the tailgunner for these expeditions. Or the course fore(head)runner.

(*) tm, all rights reserved. Although I’m not sure of the name. From what I’ve seen Gnarly Killington Glade is an oxymoron…

Quote Originally Posted by Summer View Post
    That market will get cornered by Big Velcro in no time.
    I’m gonna short my own magna-strap company by millions, bwahahaha!

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Needs more tilting.
    Nah, standing strong in the face of facts, bushwhacka is.
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

No, the windmill stands strong, it’s DON who does the tilting.

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    I’ve got it! MAGNETICbreakaway straps!

(If it hasn’t been done, probably has)
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Goddamnit how many posts does it take to finally invoke the LesboStrap 2000?

Will bushwacka make a video?

Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post
    It’s refreshing to watch a true legit expert (Cono) explain to Bushleague why he’s an idiot clown who is woefully out of his league.
    He really hasnt been to able to explain how someone shorting a stock would want it to go up. Maybe someone with Puts, but a true short if he an expert he could explain.

Quote Originally Posted by Bushwacka View Post
    He really hasnt been to able to explain how someone shorting a stock would want it to go up. Maybe someone with Puts, but a true short if he an expert he could explain.
    Maybe he could.

But he doesn't have to.

I feel like we could all use a break from wanton speculation and conspiracy theories right now.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post
    Maybe he could.

But he doesn't have to.
    he should explain it. There are certain reason in options markets why you may want a price to go up if you have puts on a stock, but a straight up lent short sell, goggling for the past 12 hours and reading many pages due dillengce I can not find a circumstance that someone short would want a stock to go up.

From my understanding of the current big name companies being short is the goal was for the hedge fund/bank was to get the stock delisted and once its OTC, most retail investors do not have enough money to trade OTC stocks, they then have no chance of the stock value going up. This means the hedge fund made money on the short sell but never have to close out their position means since its never closed they also never had to pay taxes on the gain.

not only that they now have an asset with an easily manipulated price that only they and other financial intuitions can control. They can raise these "zombie" stocks up to avoid margins call in times that need liquidity .

https://archive.is/KSS6m

I know, I am clearly have no idea what I am talking about, and you hate me because I come off as a know it all. You really should read that old forum thread though and realize its what happened to companies like Sears, Blockbuster, Toy R us, and many other companies in the last 20 years. I am not going to tell these were solid companies but they had no chance of a recovery because of market manipulation buy the entire financial industry

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    I feel like we could all use a break from wanton speculation and conspiracy theories right now.
    whats the conspiracy theory? You really think Dark pool trading is a good thing? You really think HTF trading can not move prices around? You really think a market maker that is also a hedge fund wont front run your trades?

Against my better judgment to engage you, I'm gonna give you and all the other basement traders some advice. Don't worry about who is making a couple pennies off your piddly little trades, because I recall the days when you had to pay $50 to execute a goddamn trade. And it was even more than that before decimalization.

Just shut up and ride.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang