Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    https://enlightenedequipment.com/str...mittens-stock/

These look perfect for skiing. Someone buy em and report back.

Quote Originally Posted by burrito View Post
    Those are some surprisingly well-patterned gloves for a hunting brand. Smaller companies are often using OEM factory product, but these look like they had some real work put into them.
    They did. The guys that designed them worked for some prominent ski gear companies and ski a shit ton. You’ve read some of their posts on TGR too.

Just plenty of money to be made selling hunting gear right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Conundrum View Post
    Just plenty of money to be made selling hunting gear right now.
    I was in a Pearl Izumi outlet looking at winter cycling gloves and realizing that they were indistinguishable from the 2 dozen pairs of winter ski touring gloves I own. slap a new logo on there and price for the audience right? plenty of dentists hunt…

The non-trigger version of this glove works great when temps are in the teens (F) through double-digit sub zero. Non-trigger for me, because I'm not shooting something It has the glove style interior liner which seems to keep my hands warmer than mittens without that style. Plus, they're waterproof

https://www.evo.com/mittens/hestra-f...czone-3-finger

Quote Originally Posted by skuff View Post
    The non-trigger version of this glove works great when temps are in the teens (F) through double-digit sub zero. Non-trigger for me, because I'm not shooting something It has the glove style interior liner which seems to keep my hands warmer than mittens without that style. Plus, they're waterproof

https://www.evo.com/mittens/hestra-f...czone-3-finger
    My brother uses those. He has cold hands like me and said he was disappointed in their insulation. From my view Hestra seems to splurge on the exterior, skimp on the interior. I’m probably willing to pay $150-ish for something like the AK Oven Mitts that I know for certain will be toasty, but the premium Hestra charges for extra-pretty leather isn’t worth it in my book.

Quote Originally Posted by North View Post
    No real life usage of the BD soloist trigger mitts I bought last spring yet, but the liner is insanely comfortable. Seem like they’ll be very warm.
    Can confirm that these are quite warm and use them on very cold patrol days (-25), or always sitting in the bottom of my ice climbing or skiing pack as emergency gloves.

My brother uses those. He has cold hands like me and said he was disappointed in their insulation. From my view Hestra seems to splurge on the exterior, skimp on the interior. I’m probably willing to pay $150-ish for something like the AK Oven Mitts that I know for certain will be toasty, but the premium Hestra charges for extra-pretty leather isn’t worth it in my book.
    That's a stinker the mitts didn't keep your bro's hands warm enough. XXXer's suggestion with the foot warmer added sounds like it could help.

I’ve got Reynaud’s Syndrome pretty bad. My house is 65 degrees right now and blood flow has stopped in my left index finger. I’m about to take out the trash and when I return, all fingers on both hands will be grey and numb, and require a few minutes under a hot faucet for blood to flow again.

I use Free The Powder gloves. They are the warmest gloves I’ve used. Occasionally I have to kickstart the morning with a packet of Hothands, but it’s pretty rare. I had their mittens a couple years ago and would have to take them off while riding the lift, to let my fingers cool down. I’d still be using the mittens, but they exacerbated my skiers thumb problem something fierce.

My wife has reynauds and the only solution we have found is heated mittens. Night and day compared to top end analog mittens from FTP, BD Guide, OR, and others. She has heated footbeds too.

Quote Originally Posted by jackattack View Post
    My wife has reynauds and the only solution we have found is heated mittens. Night and day compared to top end analog mittens from FTP, BD Guide, OR, and others. She has heated footbeds too.
    Heated gloves are probably in the cards at some point, but I'm trying to hold out against them as long as possible. Logical reason: they're really, really expensive and prone to failure (leaving you with a $300-$400 pair of often so-so gloves with a big ol' wire and battery stuck in them.) Illogical reason: they'd make me feel like a wuss (though I'd at least be a wuss with warm hands.)

There is some promising heated glove tech on the horizon (less bulky, less prone to failure, easier to charge, etc.), but for now the tech's not quite there to justify the price in my mind.

Heated gloves are probably in the cards at some point, but I'm trying to hold out against them as long as possible. Logical reason: they're really, really expensive and prone to failure (leaving you with a $300-$400 pair of often so-so gloves with a big ol' wire and battery stuck in them.) Illogical reason: they'd make me feel like a wuss (though I'd at least be a wuss with warm hands.)

There is some promising heated glove tech on the horizon (less bulky, less prone to failure, easier to charge, etc.), but for now the tech's not quite there to justify the price in my mind.
    gona risk the toxic masculinity and recite the rule of 3 T's " if its got tires, transistors or tits sooner or later you gona have probelms with it "

so while I often lust after electric socks and gloves, as a recovering HW tech I know better than to buy these things

I buy the chemical toe warmers by the display box, i always have few in a pocket or pack or door pocket

so I give them to people in the warming hut, especialy if they are female, smile and have large breasts

they will think I am a lot nicer than I really am

the rule of 3 T's is kinda like the rule of 3 F's in a way
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Mountain Hardwear High-exposure split mitt

Look at the Mountain Hardwear High-exposure split mitt.

I haven't used it myself but it looks like it's what you are looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by jackattack View Post
    Which ones do you use? I use the hotpacks, but if my fingers or toes start out without warm blood, they and the hotpacks just stay cold all day long. I’m pretty used to it after so many decades of abuse, but my daughter has got it worse than me, so I’m on a quest for hand and foot warmrs that will be comfortable and last at least a season or two before failing