Page 8 of 126 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
    Its been nonstop raining in SF for last 24 hours. Trees down everywhere, flooding, craziness...

Quote Originally Posted by skier666 View Post
    Its been nonstop raining in SF for last 24 hours. Trees down everywhere, flooding, craziness...
    Just saw that. They are calling it a Cyclone?
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

Yo sruffian. I think I know where you went. I was up high this evening (waited until end of day hoping for switch to snow before dark. Found decent coverage in the lee and rain above 8500. Evidence of heavy rain. Snow was completely saturated. Gonna be a great base when it cools down.

Even sometimes when I'm snowboarding I'm like "Hey I'm snowboarding! Because I suck dick, I'm snowboarding!" --Dan Savage

According Scott McGuire of NWS Reno via the Mammoth Times. The storm is overperforming. It spilled over the crest earlier than expected and is at the high end of precip forecasts. The Truckee is starting to flood in Reno. They're worried about the Walker
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

It is a record storm. The lowest pressure recorded. The third lowest was Friday. Shirley canyon going off. Truckee river at flood stage from Tahoe City to Glenshire...

Even sometimes when I'm snowboarding I'm like "Hey I'm snowboarding! Because I suck dick, I'm snowboarding!" --Dan Savage

Quote Originally Posted by lepistoir View Post
    Yo sruffian. I think I know where you went. I was up high this evening (waited until end of day hoping for switch to snow before dark. Found decent coverage in the lee and rain above 8500. Evidence of heavy rain. Snow was completely saturated. Gonna be a great base when it cools down.

How deep do you think it's building up?

Each year I hope for a big storm of warm heavy glop to set up Tahoe for the season. This year it finally happened!
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

my janky home bucket gauge is showing 8.8" in 24hrs in the north bay hills

^^^^^That is an insane amount.

It's been ramping up all evening down here. What a storm.

Started about 24 hours ago here in Davis with no let up. Local news and Bodie Zhafa all agree that it’s a true 100 year storm.

22 Blue - Looking ahead to the New (aka Fuck Summer (aka Tahoe Thread))

7” of rain today in Auburn. 2.5” yesterday before midnight.

Clementine dam started pouring over the entire dam rather than the middle 4 channels about 5 pm. North fork went from a few hundred CFS earlier today to 10,000.

https://www.theamericanriver.com/tri...rk-news-flows/

Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post
    7” of rain today in Auburn. 2.5” yesterday before midnight.

Clementine dam started pouring over the entire dam rather than the middle 4 channels about 5 pm. North fork went from a few hundred CFS earlier today to 10,000.

https://www.theamericanriver.com/tri...rk-news-flows/
    I wonder how much Fulsom Will go up? I guess this will end the drought stories for a while.

Saw a FB post saying Tahoe has risen to 3 feet above the rim. That’s a lot of water in 24 hours?
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

AR Forecast for this storm

Name:  FCUgWf3VUAAX1H4.jpg
Views: 797
Size:  45.8 KB

AR Forecast for Jan 17 storm

Name:  FCUgWf2VcAE8Bwo.jpg
Views: 837
Size:  64.6 KB

https://twitter.com/ZavalaLuke/statu...02028828889088
    "The mind, once expanded to the dimensions of larger ideas, never returns to its original size."

Quote Originally Posted by MTT View Post
    I wonder how much Fulsom Will go up? I guess this will end the drought stories for a while.

Saw a FB post saying Tahoe has risen to 3 feet above the rim. That’s a lot of water in 24 hours?
    It is 3.25' above the rim but it didn't rise that much. It started yesterday 2.95' above the rim, so between 3 and 4 inches

Quote Originally Posted by lepistoir View Post
    It is a record storm. The lowest pressure recorded. The third lowest was Friday. Shirley canyon going off. Truckee river at flood stage from Tahoe City to Glenshire...
    This link has some vids of that creek that runs through Shirley Canyon...

https://mobile.twitter.com/malte_hum...76109085954048

Cap Public Radio reported as of 8 pm, Sacramento measured 4.84" of rain for the day, the second most ever for a single day. Record was 5.28" in 24 hours measured back in 1880. I had to pump the pool down 3 times today, so 5" of rain checks out. Rain is still falling steadily, and the last time I remember a steady all day and all night rain like this was in the mid-west in 1994. It hasn't let up, it's only going between raining and pouring.

Folsom Lake's sensors went up 9" between 6pm yesterday and 6pm today. The next two days will be even more interesting once everything rolls downhill.
    http://folsom.uslakes.info/Level/
    Wait, how can we trust this guy^^^ He's clearly not DJSapp

radar shows it snowing at lake level or very close. p-tahoe cams showing snow mix to 6,800

is tomorrow a sleeper pow day? ;-)

edit-12:30 dumping and sticking in stateline
    Last edited by powdork; 10-25-2021 at 01:42 AM.

we are seriously looking at a scenario where most resorts will have enough snow to open most of their mountains by tomorrow midday

Quote Originally Posted by powdork View Post
    we are seriously looking at a scenario where most resorts will have enough snow to open most of their mountains by tomorrow midday
    Nice, I was just looking at the Mammoth cams and it is raining in town and Main looks like a little snow. I hope they get dumped on today if they plan to open Friday.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Here's to a good season for you goofballs. Cali could use it.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

According to the KW website they have received 5 inches of snow so far this year and have a current base depth (as of yesterday) of 8 inches. That there is the K-Factor.

Looks like Tahoe is doing well with this. Also looks like it is still rain at Mammoth Village which is just below 8k feet. Warmer still down there. Hope they manage to see the freezing levels drop.

They will be fine with opening this weekend with what they have already. They should be able to get 1 and 3 open with Broadway and Saddle Bowl at the very least. I would bet they get 2 and Stump Alley as well, along with a few other groomers that don't need much snow on top. The air will be cold today and tomorrow, and at night, and they have a great snowmaking system they are not afraid to use.

Woke up to around 5-7" of paste at 5800' on the Reno side of Mt Rose highway. Still snowing too.

This is excellent base snow.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Power out when I woke up in Kings Beach. Changed to snow during the night. Heavy wet 5" at the house. I80 closed. Record rainfall for Reno. 50/40/70 still closed for rockfall.

Getting conflicting reports on 50. Maps says its open. Caltrans says closed. there is no traffic backed up at the chain control/closure point

edit-looks like google is wrong

22 Blue - Looking ahead to the New (aka Fuck Summer (aka Tahoe Thread))

1000 words.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	judahdeck_10-25-21_07-29-57-30_00015.jpg 
Views:	131 
Size:	179.8 KB 
ID:	390258

Paste. Wet and Heavy PASTE. Snow Day for the Kiddos in SLT. Great base building stuff but not sure on early openings at the resorts. Heave already listed the 19th and Kirkwood is December so maybe they move that one up before Turkey Day. Hope this season keeps on with the fluffy stuff but, 60s forecast for the weekend and nothing on tap.
    I'm cool with this, as long as you Kirkwood Bro Brah's stay away from Heavenly when 88 closes- TahoeBc