Page 97 of 126 FirstFirst ... 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 ... LastLast
Results 2,401 to 2,425 of 3140
    Pretty sure Heavenly was closed today judging by the line at the ticket booth at kirkwood. Skiing was meh at Carson Pass before hand but above treeline it was probably much better. Kirkwood was surprisingly good until about 12:30 when I left. May have still been decent but the light was gone with the storm coming in.
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

Palisades is extending their season. Open daily through May 1, then Friday-Sunday through May 15 (or maybe longer). Perfect timing for me as I’m taking May 13-22 off. Seeing Zero at the Crystal Bay Club May 14. Heading to Mammoth and the East Side after Squaw closes.

yeehaw
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

It's too bad they don't have a convenient lift that you could hot lap for, say, 1500 vert at a time. Maybe North facing? Would be perfect for spring skiing.........
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Quote Originally Posted by powdork View Post
    Kirkwood was surprisingly good until about 12:30 when I left. May have still been decent but the light was gone with the storm coming in.
    Yes, it was decent.
    At least we know now it's gonna be kinda soft under the incoming snow, instead of the hella hard pack, we've gotten used to

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using TGR Forums mobile app

...Remember, those who think Global Warming is Fake, also think that Adam & Eve were Real...

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    It's too bad they don't have a convenient lift that you could hot lap for, say, 1500 vert at a time. Maybe North facing? Would be perfect for spring skiing.........
    problem is they lost the access road so unless they can groom that again it probably won’t open

also - gondola construction

22 Blue - Looking ahead to the New (aka Fuck Summer (aka Tahoe Thread))

I’m referring to Summit chair at Alpine Meadows… not KT. Alpine is a better spring mountain than Squalisades.

well there’s that

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    Alpine is a better mountain than Squalisades.
    Fixed that for you

Ain't no historian, but cannot remember AM staying open that late "back in the day", past SV's closing.
    Although do remember going back to ski AM on July 2nd one year (2007?). Threading the snow between giant tree wells.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using TGR Forums mobile app

...Remember, those who think Global Warming is Fake, also think that Adam & Eve were Real...

Mark will jump in here with specifics but there’s no doubt that AM used to close later before the Squaw acquisition. They’ve been opening later and closing earlier for the past 10 years now.

Ya. Alpine always went longer and offered more options than squaws limited routine at the end of the year. Lots of hikes out to beaver and Estelle for corn harvesting were memorable.

The only benefit of Alpine closing early is harvesting corn on Ward Peak from Courchevel. I miss late spring days at Alpine.

Truckee schools snow day!
    Alpine Meadows north will be a gromfest...

8" at The Fence and dumping in Kings Beach. Might have to go check it out. Not nearly as windy as I thought it would be so maybe some lifts will actually open today.
    Even sometimes when I'm snowboarding I'm like "Hey I'm snowboarding! Because I suck dick, I'm snowboarding!" --Dan Savage

"We will be dedicating any remaining resources to keeping more lifts spinning on the Palisades side."

Fuck those fucking motherfuckers.
    Fuck those fucking motherfuckers!

http://www.unofficialalpine.com

Well, it's all "the Palisades side" now, no?

G2A that is sigworthy!

I guess they have so many resources that Red Dog must be mostly dismantled by now. Too bad, otherwise there might have been a lift open this week.

Quote Originally Posted by SP_7 View Post
    I guess they have so many resources that Red Dog must be mostly dismantled by now. Too bad, otherwise there might have been a lift open this week.
    There's enough at the base to run it. Can confirm since waiting for funi (lightning hold)

Aaaaand that's a wrap. Try again tomorrow.
    Last edited by lepistoir; 04-21-2022 at 11:15 AM.
    Even sometimes when I'm snowboarding I'm like "Hey I'm snowboarding! Because I suck dick, I'm snowboarding!" --Dan Savage

Is anyone waiting in the parking lot / lodge now in squaw? Trying to figure out if I should drive 20 mins and camp out, or keep sipping chocolate at home. Wishing Alpine was open instead.

from their blog
    As of 9:30am: We are on an indefinite lightning hold for the safety of our employees and guests. The forecasted weather index shows high lightning possibility throughout the day. Avalanche mitigation has not yet begun, we will commence once it is safe to do so.
    The lifts are still on lightning hold so I would assume they still haven't started snow safety. And the post above yours was someone at the funi that bailed based on info there. So I would say keep sipping
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

Palisades is done. Not happening.

Patrol also said that what little avalanche control they were able to complete had pretty sketchy results with long-running slides and remote fractures.

Quote Originally Posted by lepistoir View Post
    There's enough at the base to run it. Can confirm since waiting for funi (lightning hold)

Aaaaand that's a wrap. Try again tomorrow.
    Sarcasm. Probably could have run on all the wind hold days this week and this coming weekend since I doubt any work will be done there anytime soon.

It was a bit shocking seeing the front 5 at KW spinning the other day and nothing but the Funi at Pali and Heave also shut down.

And for sure AM used to run Summit as long was snow at the corral. Once KT shut down in spring, AM was for sure my go to. That lift is great in spring. Besides hikes to Estelle and Beaver, I used to enjoy High Yellow in solid years. It would become a perfect corn face in May.

well at least SAC has extended their season

glad they did too, wheew looks like a whoomp out there