Page 12 of 126 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by meter-man View Post
    What a dumbass! Sorry L!! Lol
    At least he’s getting his workout in.

Unreal stoke on this page. Have a few more days up here in OR before we’re back.

Does Meyers chevron have snopark permits in stock this year? Last year had to get online early season
    Nice pics folks ……..already planned to head that way tomorrow
    Locally found much more skiable snow today…….wind ripple was the best n most consolidated

Most excellent work tahoe peeps! Super jelly up here in Idaho, esp since I grew up skiing Tahoe, even worked at Sugar Bowl a few seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by powdork View Post
    I think it's awesome. New car stuck at the trailhead with his bike and Black Crows. It's all about priorities
    Quote Originally Posted by Sutter View Post
    He didn’t even have his wiper blades up…hahaha
    Credit where it's due: he woke up stuck AF on Monday. What did he do? He said fuck it, and went and skied all day and camped at his car again.

Had a huge smile on his face when I saw him today digging his way out to the road. Just stoked to be winter camping...100 yards from 80. Ha!

Sweet pics from CPSSR - nice work!
    sproing!

the most beautiful place in the whole wide world
    wow, incredible. thanks for the early stoke!

Lotus 138s is right. My legs are smoked! Thigh deep skin track all to myself What a day.

Sent from my 5007Z using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by meter-man View Post
    Credit where it's due: he woke up stuck AF on Monday. What did he do? He said fuck it, and went and skied all day and camped at his car again.
    You're only stuck if you're trying to go somewhere else. Haha, love it.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Guess the fires are out, a whitewater buddy lost his home up there

http://tahoebackcountryalliance.org/...rack-tba-news/

October 26, 2021
    Great news for the South Lake Tahoe backcountry for the upcoming season! On Saturday, October 23, the Lake Tahoe Basin Management Unit (LTBMU) of the US Forest Service lifted forest closures for the Echo Skyline near Meyers in South Lake Tahoe, including Angora, Echo and Flagpole Peaks to the shores of both Upper and Lower Echo Lakes. Talking Mountain and Becker Peak, south of Echo Lakes, remain closed.

https://www.fs.usda.gov/Internet/FSE...eprd965168.pdf
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Quote Originally Posted by gimpy View Post
    Does Meyers chevron have snopark permits in stock this year? Last year had to get online early season
    They don’t have them yet and have heard nothing about if they will get em or not.

I’ll be buying from Oregon again if California can’t get there shit together, free shipping from Oregon, California you paid a $5 dollar inconvenience fee to do it online which all went to some company in Jersey, they couldn’t even outsource to a local company in state.

Edit: looking at the web site sounds like passes might start shipping to vendors in mid November. Inconvenience fee has been reduced this year to $1.95
    Last edited by TahoeBC; 10-27-2021 at 11:57 AM.

But then you miss out on the awesome survey...
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

In bootfitting news, I'm very happy with Bob/Bill at Sports Hub. I'm absolutely terrible with names, sorry. He's the old guy. Before fitting, my Hojis were painful to even wear around the house and then my feet were completely numb for a half hour. He did some overnight punches and then we cooked the boots yesterday and now I'm just walking around the house this morning making breakfast and taking out the trash etc. I know it's subjective, but worked for me.
    Even sometimes when I'm snowboarding I'm like "Hey I'm snowboarding! Because I suck dick, I'm snowboarding!" --Dan Savage

Well I missed the pow train but was good to get some October turns in after mtb season was cut short due to wrist surgery.

Heavy cream cheese of the ski swallowing type (should’ve been on the Protests), good coverage though, managed not to hit anything. South faces in the Rose zone have some roller balls and loose wets showing up.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	8886D4FC-CE3F-49C2-B360-1AEA36ADDA36.jpeg 
Views:	124 
Size:	301.6 KB 
ID:	390523

Name:	E917FB1B-4828-47FE-9AE8-AFE706771BEE.jpeg 
Views:	140 
Size:	525.3 KB 
ID:	390524

Name:	Rose2.JPG 
Views:	126 
Size:	264.8 KB 
ID:	390529

Name:	Pete on Rose.jpg 
Views:	126 
Size:	1.10 MB 
ID:	390531
    Donjoy to the World!

Quote Originally Posted by lepistoir View Post
    In bootfitting news, I'm very happy with Bob/Bill at Sports Hub. I'm absolutely terrible with names, sorry. He's the old guy. Before fitting, my Hojis were painful to even wear around the house and then my feet were completely numb for a half hour. He did some overnight punches and then we cooked the boots yesterday and now I'm just walking around the house this morning making breakfast and taking out the trash etc. I know it's subjective, but worked for me.
    Good to know, I’ve been having some numbness issues pop up the last couple seasons.

CA Sno-Park permits available for sale online now. Still the $5 inconvenience fee. Temporary printable one given immediately.

https://secure.cloudwisesolutions.com/app/products.html

Just got the email to get a new SNO-Park permit. It's a $1.95 convenience fee, but with shipping it's about $5.

Still a steal, assuming you're ok with the initial concept.
    Interesting that they now hunt you down with temptation if you've bought on line previously.

Quote Originally Posted by PB View Post
    Still a steal, assuming you're ok with the initial concept.
    Interesting that they now hunt you down with temptation if you've bought on line previously.
    They're getting $4.95 for something that costs them maybe $1 including labor, bulk rate mail, etc.

Also a note on the closures for this season from their website

Notice (Oct. 21, 2021): Per Forest Order NO 03-21-19, The Eldorado National Forest is immediately suspending operation of Iron Mountain SNO-Park, Echo Lake SNO-Park and Meiss Meadows SNO-Park due to serious public hazard concerns associated with the fire damage caused by the Caldor Fire Incident. Currently the Forest closure is in place until March 31, 2022. The Caldor Fire Closure is being reevaluated often and this information will change as new orders as issued. Please visit the State Parks website - https://ohv.parks.ca.gov/?page_id=1233 for updates.

Link to the forest closure order:

https://www.fs.usda.gov/Internet/FSE...eprd961876.pdf

That meiss meadows order is fucking lame. The best way to get to anything remotely in the burn area is from the wide area above Caples Lake which is exactly on the edge of the fire (it barely even burned the grass there).
    Meiss offer access to Red Lake Peak, but what would the FS know about how people use the forest? Hope there aren't any accidents with people crossing the highway to get to the open stuff that parking accesses

Well fuck……the south side lot is gonna be a zoo if it’s closed across the street. Nobody ever goes to where it actually burned from that lot……silly forest circus

22 Blue - Looking ahead to the New (aka Fuck Summer (aka Tahoe Thread))

Yesterday was the best day. Everything heated up and cliffs splooged by today...... dank to mank

Name:	IMG_8445.jpg 
Views:	123 
Size:	1.48 MB 
ID:	390572Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8469.jpg 
Views:	127 
Size:	1.35 MB 
ID:	390573Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8500.jpg 
Views:	124 
Size:	986.5 KB 
ID:	390574Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8518.jpg 
Views:	119 
Size:	1.20 MB 
ID:	390575Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8519.jpg 
Views:	121 
Size:	1.14 MB 
ID:	390576Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3037.jpg 
Views:	121 
Size:	327.0 KB 
ID:	390577

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by gimpy View Post
    Well fuck……the south side lot is gonna be a zoo if it’s closed across the street. Nobody ever goes to where it actually burned from that lot……silly forest circus
    Just posted the exact same thing on their FB. That'll show em. ;-)
    And I sent an email to ohvinfo.ohv@parks.ca.gov asking them to please stand the fuck up to Jeff Marsolais' bullshit decrees.

That's also the email to let them know why you just purchased an Oregon Sno park pass, which can be found here
    https://www.oregon.gov/odot/dmv/page...k_permits.aspx

have any info about whether weather.kirkwood.com will come back?
    Last edited by powdork; 10-27-2021 at 09:15 PM.