Page 102 of 126 FirstFirst ... 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 ... LastLast
Results 2,526 to 2,550 of 3140
    I'm really wondering what the plans are for the gondola. KSL/Alterra always hyped the gondola as a transportation thing, getting cars off the road between OV and Alpine, but will it operate that way, or just as a ski lift? I'm hoping it starts running early, maybe 7:30 or so. That way, people coming from the lake can drive to Alpine and people from Truckee can just go to OV. Obviously doesn't solve the whole problem, but on busy days it's often pretty easy going from TC to Alpine light, then 45+ minutes to OV. While I'm not totally against the gondola, I never really saw the need for it, but if we are going to have it, might as well get the most out of it.
    “I really lack the words to compliment myself today.” - Alberto Tomba

And I'm guessing the pond in question is the one right under Wa She Shu?
    “I really lack the words to compliment myself today.” - Alberto Tomba

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    I have a patrol map. Lots of obscure names, and I'm sure patrol has more names that aren't on the map. Back in the day Squaw used to boast that it named lifts, not runs, because they were too many runs to name, but of course patrol needs names to communicate.
    Someone put this together. Run names and locations, a lot from the old patrol map: Squaw Valley Runs Flashcards - Cram.com

Quote Originally Posted by mmmm...pow! View Post
    And I'm guessing the pond in question is the one right under Wa She Shu?
    There is the pond skimming pond at the bottom, then a bit further up there is a much smaller pond on the skiers left on Sunnyside which still had some ice on it on Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by mmmm...pow! View Post
    I'm really wondering what the plans are for the gondola. KSL/Alterra always hyped the gondola as a transportation thing, getting cars off the road between OV and Alpine, but will it operate that way, or just as a ski lift? I'm hoping it starts running early, maybe 7:30 or so. That way, people coming from the lake can drive to Alpine and people from Truckee can just go to OV. Obviously doesn't solve the whole problem, but on busy days it's often pretty easy going from TC to Alpine light, then 45+ minutes to OV. While I'm not totally against the gondola, I never really saw the need for it, but if we are going to have it, might as well get the most out of it.
    I know it's supposed to stop running at 4pm, which is stupid (why not have it go until 6pm or so?), but yeah, hopefully it runs by at least 8am. There will definitely be days where I prefer to park at OV and just take a ride straight over to Alpine. I know there are many who oppose the gondy or see it as a waste of money, but I'm kind of looking forward to it to be honest.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Quote Originally Posted by mcski View Post
    Anyone else see Gaffney’s Post on bookface/insta about his epic crash on McConkeys last storm cycle? Fucking ouch. Heal up, man!
    https://www.instagram.com/p/Cc0YlxZr...d=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

That looks gnarly!

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

What's going on with Lassen??? No update to the road clearing page for three weeks and nobuddy answering the phone. It's actually supposed to be an automated info line!
    Even sometimes when I'm snowboarding I'm like "Hey I'm snowboarding! Because I suck dick, I'm snowboarding!" --Dan Savage

Good spring skiing day at KW today, (yesterday was way too manky). Prolly gonna be firm tomorrow.
    Got to ski with Otto Parts, and reminisce about the golden days of BRO skis.
    Then he showed us where the soft bumps were

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using TGR Forums mobile app

...Remember, those who think Global Warming is Fake, also think that Adam & Eve were Real...

Trees were dropping for the new red dog lift today.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    I have a patrol map. Lots of obscure names, and I'm sure patrol has more names that aren't on the map. Back in the day Squaw used to boast that it named lifts, not runs, because they were too many runs to name, but of course patrol needs names to communicate.
    When I was working there 10+ years ago all the snowmobile routes etc. were referred to by the patrol map names that no one else knew. You could be having a conversation with a mixed group of employees and non employees and say something like “stay left of Burkart’s and come down that waterfall chute, but once you hit sunny side, bang a right on Klommers corner to get back on the mtn run and head back the lift maint. shop.” Employees would nod along, the non employees looked at you wondering what fucking ski resort you were talking about.

For the race hills we have names for each section. I've been working there for 5years and I don't know all the names. KT is the only place I know a decent amount of names, but only really on the west face side.

There is the main pond with the dam. Then the one directly below S1. I think there are a couple more up above that. One on the other side of power line below broken arrow I think? Sediment catchment ponds. Bummer for guy.

Sent from my BE2015 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Mokomahonah View Post
    For the race hills we have names for each section. I've been working there for 5years and I don't know all the names. KT is the only place I know a decent amount of names, but only really on the west face side.

There is the main pond with the dam. Then the one directly below S1. I think there are a couple more up above that. One on the other side of power line below broken arrow I think? Sediment catchment ponds. Bummer for guy.

Sent from my BE2015 using Tapatalk
    I'm amused by the way resorts give a different name to each section of a long groomer. A top to bottom run on what seems to be one trail could cover 5 named sections. When they say they have 100 trails open, take that with a grain of salt. It reminds me of walking around the old part of an Italian city where the street changes its name at each intersection. Especially in Venice. I guess it is useful for the crews.

Anyone happen to have a pic of a squaw/alpine patrol map? Would be interesting to see.

Mammoth has https://patrol.mammothmountain.com/A...tlasIndex.html which is pretty cool

Anyone know if Granite is closed for the season or just no steeps mid week sort of thing??

Related question: please send me a PM if you're a patroller (pro or NSP) in North Lake - I have a couple Qs. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by davjr96 View Post
    Anyone happen to have a pic of a squaw/alpine patrol map? Would be interesting to see.

Mammoth has https://patrol.mammothmountain.com/A...tlasIndex.html which is pretty cool
    I love that Mammoth patrol site - it is amazing - wish there was one for every solid ski area!
    sproing!

Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    Anyone know if Granite is closed for the season or just no steeps mid week sort of thing??
    Wind hold.

Windejo a bit at PTOV today.
    Got to the top of the funi around 10:30 and ran into somebody I knew who informed me that everything above the funi bunker was boilerplate.
    Ended up ripping "Mountain Run" 3×.
    Last funi ride up around 11:45 the car I was in got a wee bit sideways coming over the cliffs.
    "Man, we killin' elephants in the back yard..."

https://www.blizzard-tecnica.com/us/en

windejo

I like that
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

At KW tomorrow after noon. Wearing blue and blue and blue and grey/blue with grey/blue skis (wildcats on the moon)

Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    At KW tomorrow after noon. Wearing blue and blue and blue and grey/blue with grey/blue skis (wildcats on the moon)
    Supposed to be pretty warm tomorrow. Not today. Was all about the groomed.
    Zach's was most fun, in a turney way, with piles of soft on firm base. Sentinel was mach3 rock hard corduroy, with a wee air half way down. Zooom!
    Not brave enough to venture onto 10. Stuff off 11 stayed firm too. But very enjoyable, for all that. But you had to like the noise your skis make

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using TGR Forums mobile app

...Remember, those who think Global Warming is Fake, also think that Adam & Eve were Real...

might be there too. Have to work at 3:30 on the west shore so not sure how late I'll stay but...
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

Any interest in one Kwood comp ticket. Also have a bunch of half offs….

Quote Originally Posted by Gerome View Post
    https://www.instagram.com/p/Cc0YlxZr...d=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

That looks gnarly!

Ouch!

Snowbrains has it posted if you don't like facefuckbook

https://snowbrains.com/video-scott-g...ades-tahoe-ca/

22 Blue - Looking ahead to the New (aka Fuck Summer (aka Tahoe Thread))

Quote Originally Posted by JayTe View Post
    Any interest in one Kwood comp ticket. Also have a bunch of half offs….
    I would use a comp this weekend
    Last edited by ~mikey b; 04-29-2022 at 02:14 PM.
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Quote Originally Posted by ~mikey b View Post
    I would use a comp but not til next weekend
    Except you won't need a comp next weekend since they close this weekend...

Unless you're shifting to biking, but I imagine it will be awhile before that opens...
    "Man, we killin' elephants in the back yard..."

https://www.blizzard-tecnica.com/us/en