Page 39 of 126 FirstFirst ... 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 ... LastLast

22 Blue - Looking ahead to the New (aka Fuck Summer (aka Tahoe Thread))

^^ I got a grass roots pow surfer a few years ago and they are super fun. You can have a total blast on mellow terrain, which has been my go to when the snowpack is sketchy.

Quote Originally Posted by lepistoir View Post
    267 this morning at 8:30 was backed up to 80
    Haven’t been to Northstar in several years now but learned today they moved their openings this season from 8:30 to 9. Seems like a great way to make things even worse traffic wise - it’s not like there’s much control work needed to open the mountain and it takes so fucking long to even get up there anyway.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    ^^ I got a grass roots pow surfer a few years ago and they are super fun. You can have a total blast on mellow terrain, which has been my go to when the snowpack is sketchy.
    Yeah I'm definitely looking forward to using it on those types of days!

Even sometimes when I'm snowboarding I'm like "Hey I'm snowboarding! Because I suck dick, I'm snowboarding!" --Dan Savage

The sun has done its work, but shady slopes are still fantastic.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20211219_124512.jpeg 
Views:	148 
Size:	85.5 KB 
ID:	397481Name:  20211219_130447.jpeg
Views: 1161
Size:  106.0 KB
    ride bikes, climb, ski, travel, cook, work to fund former, repeat.

Ended up at Palisades Tahoe yesterday, as the wife and kid wanted to meet up with some friends. I had lobbied for KW, but they knew I would go skiing anywhere. The ride home on 89 and 80 was a lot slower than anything I've experienced on 88. The skiing, otoh, was fabulous wind blown wintery goodness all over the place. We had a blast. Finished the day by riding Red Dog with our friends and seeing them in the right direction to the hotel at the bottom of Resort Chair. My son and I finished on Poulsen's Gully and it was a total blast watching him kill it top to bottom. Snow was soooooo good. Now off to Naples Florida. Enjoy the powder dump.

Damn dude, I would have met up with you! The steeps below Red Dog and between Red Dog & Resort Chair are skiing well.

Have fun in Naples...was just there for Thanksgiving.

Do you guys have relatives from Chicago? When I grew up in Florida, Naples was the goto for Chicago and upper midwest retirees.

Also, just reading BA's forecast for the 10' of snow this week. Does anyone remember '97?
    Last edited by powdork; 12-20-2021 at 11:17 AM.
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

Looks like Open Snow is now subscription only. At least the summary is still free...
    Even sometimes when I'm snowboarding I'm like "Hey I'm snowboarding! Because I suck dick, I'm snowboarding!" --Dan Savage

Quote Originally Posted by skier666 View Post
    Damn dude, I would have met up with you! The steeps below Red Dog and between Red Dog & Resort Chair are skiing well.

Have fun in Naples...was just there for Thanksgiving.
    That would have been fun. Tho most of the day I was on full on family ski. We lapped the best snow in Shirley Bowl I've ever seen for a while. Then spent a hour tracking down our friends where we finally met up with them on Meadow. When they and my family headed in to eat some lunch, I ended up on Sibo. Kind of wish I had been lapping Red Dog, as I've never been to the resort when the snow was good off piste off Snow King. I bet you could show me around, if I did no lose you in the trees.

No Chicago folks for me. My parents moved thee a few years ago to be with al the other retires.

From China Peak (can it still be called that without offending someone or wanting the name changed?)

From the sounds of it, they don't mind people being hammered on booze and beer, but a hard no on weed. Yes, there are plenty of other ways to consume without combustion, but come on....who are these people whining about the smell of weed. Probably cigarette smokers.

China Peak Mountain Resort had a message for certain members of its customer base Sunday: Staff members are going to start cracking down on marijuana use at the ski area.

“Just a gentle reminder,” the resort posted via Instagram, noting to folks that although legal in California, marijuana “use is illegal at our resort, as we are 100% on United States Forest Service federal land and must operate by their FEDERAL rules.”

“Because of the complaints we have seen over the weekend, we have to crack down on its use at our resort starting now with staff in the parking lots as well (as) on lifts to ensure that we are all obeying the rules.”

Those caught using marijuana “will be removed from the resort for the day, no exceptions.”

Further resistance will result in customers having their season pass “voided for the rest of this season and you will not be allowed to purchase a pass in 2022/23.”

“Please do not make us play this game!” the post concluded. “We want to keep China Peak fun for everyone and maintain good standing with USFS. Thank you for your understanding.”

Quote Originally Posted by powdork View Post
    Does anyone remember '97?
    We were in Florida watching the news of the RNO airport flooding. My neighbor blew our driveway because you couldn't see the garage doors.

HWY 50 also was......BURRIED
    I'm cool with this, as long as you Kirkwood Bro Brah's stay away from Heavenly when 88 closes- TahoeBc

Quote Originally Posted by mtnjam View Post
    From China Peak (can it still be called that without offending someone or wanting the name changed?)

From the sounds of it, they don't mind people being hammered on booze and beer, but a hard no on weed. Yes, there are plenty of other ways to consume without combustion, but come on....who are these people whining about the smell of weed. Probably cigarette smokers.
    Being hammered or use of alcohol is unrelated to cannabis law both state and federal:

It is illegal in California to consume, smoke, eat or vape cannabis in public. It is illegal to open a package containing cannabis or any cannabis products in public. This includes but is not limited to parks and sidewalks, business and residential areas.

Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    It is illegal in California to consume, smoke, eat or vape cannabis in public. It is illegal to open a package containing cannabis or any cannabis products in public. This includes but is not limited to parks and sidewalks, business and residential areas.
    Sure, and jay-walking is illegal too, technically.

I think the China Peak overreaction is kinda hilarious.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

it’s really just that they’re sick of hearing the complaints and want people to settle down

I kinda get it - it gets old listening to people bitch about it

also, it’s in NF land so…
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Don’t you all mean December 1996? I had some great ski days and adventures during the cold storms on hwy 88, sugarbowl, Reno, 395, and June mtn before hot deluge.

Name:  Image1640038021.982449.jpg
Views: 844
Size:  210.4 KB

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1640039320.253468.jpg 
Views:	208 
Size:	186.2 KB 
ID:	397615

Quote Originally Posted by ~mikey b View Post
    Name:  Image1640038021.982449.jpg
Views: 844
Size:  210.4 KB
    Glad to see ol' Cohee is still kicking.

THANKS FOR CALLING SMOKEWOOD!!! I MEAN SIERRA STICKY!!! SMOKEY PEAK!!!! SHIT! CHINA PEAK! CHINA PEAK! DON'T SMOKE THE DEVILS LETTUCE WHERE THE REDNECKS CAN SMELL IT. WE DON'T HAVE THE ALPINE COUNTY SHERRIFF TO BUST HEADS AROUND HERE SO THEY'RE GONNA TAKE CARE OF IT THEMSELVES. BIG STORM COMING, GOTTA GO GET THE OL SNOWBLOWER OUT [SNORT]. OH YEAH, 8' OF BLOW COMING OUR WAY!!!
    Wait, how can we trust this guy^^^ He's clearly not DJSapp

Quote Originally Posted by ~mikey b View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1640039320.253468.jpg 
Views:	208 
Size:	186.2 KB 
ID:	397615
    Well I'm freaking out right now. Headed to dry like a mummy's lips Colorado tomorrow through New Years. You all enjoy, be safe and have a good start to the 22

I tried hard to use up the pow before the next storm, but failed. First headlamp use of the season. There's still plenty out there. I love the low sun angle this time of year! I also got to follow a bear for a bit.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	16400539151583.jpeg 
Views:	122 
Size:	76.3 KB 
ID:	397644Click image for larger version. 

Name:	16400512634411.jpeg 
Views:	130 
Size:	141.8 KB 
ID:	397645Click image for larger version. 

Name:	16400512634632.jpeg 
Views:	126 
Size:	27.6 KB 
ID:	397646
    ride bikes, climb, ski, travel, cook, work to fund former, repeat.

Quote Originally Posted by Not DJSapp View Post
    Glad to see ol' Cohee is still kicking.

THANKS FOR CALLING SMOKEWOOD!!! I MEAN SIERRA STICKY!!! SMOKEY PEAK!!!! SHIT! CHINA PEAK! CHINA PEAK! DON'T SMOKE THE DEVILS LETTUCE WHERE THE REDNECKS CAN SMELL IT. WE DON'T HAVE THE ALPINE COUNTY SHERRIFF TO BUST HEADS AROUND HERE SO THEY'RE GONNA TAKE CARE OF IT THEMSELVES. BIG STORM COMING, GOTTA GO GET THE OL SNOWBLOWER OUT [SNORT]. OH YEAH, 8' OF BLOW COMING OUR WAY!!!
    Was wondering if he was still at China Peak. he was up here in tahoe last week.

The reality of the situation is that they would probably prefer to ban the Karens that are complaining about the smell, but there is no legal standing for that. And whoever is complaining probably threatened to get the feds involved.
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

HV planning on opening Stagecoach lift tomorrow.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using TGR Forums mobile app

...Remember, those who think Global Warming is Fake, also think that Adam & Eve were Real...

Palisades plans to open KT22

...Remember, those who think Global Warming is Fake, also think that Adam & Eve were Real...

Also, for peeps like me only paying half attention. If you have a Rose midweek only type pass, you are blacked out from today until Jan 2...

Quote Originally Posted by powdork View Post
    Was wondering if he was still at China Peak. he was up here in tahoe last week.

The reality of the situation is that they would probably prefer to ban the Karens that are complaining about the smell, but there is no legal standing for that. And whoever is complaining probably threatened to get the feds involved.
    Nobuddy even remembers Mary's N̷i̷p̷p̷l̷e̷