Page 31 of 126 FirstFirst ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ... LastLast
    Okay somebody can go ahead and start the Tahoe thread now.

:-0

Damn cheap praxis MVPs 183s in incline village... $250
    not mine no affiliation yada yada

https://reno.craigslist.org/spo/d/in...419413192.html

Hedging the bet...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	12-11-21 East Peak Cam.jpg 
Views:	141 
Size:	177.2 KB 
ID:	396226

I've seen AM blow snow on the runout when there was plenty on the ground--I assume to get it deep enough to last into the spring.

With the way the tap gets turned on and off lately, with high temps during those off periods, I assume they are not messing around with Christmas week. If that week is a bust they are totally screwed for the entire season (financially). Or so I'm told. Could also have something to do with burying construction materials from the gondola project?
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

underneath that is the giant pile of small boulders they have to keep covered
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

Blown snow is like a layer of concrete and will hold up to traffic better than natural.

Speaking of slappin' da bass, er, I mean building the base...

Name:	Hwy 50 - Green Spray.jpg 
Views:	141 
Size:	879.3 KB 
ID:	396267

Guess they're doing what they can, while they can.

I just hope those slopes on the north side of 50 can hold up to whatever is to come shortly (and throughout the season). Crews have been working really hard up there for weeks, but the scope of the fire damage is immense!

Slap the base! Let’s go.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Any maggots gonna post some Heave opening stoke from maggies?

I've only got anti-stoke, so solly.
    Mt.Rose closed tomorrow, and prolly Monday. Today wind closed main lift early.

There was a big line for 5 at KW all day (webcam) except for early on. 6 never opened, maybe wind.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using TGR Forums mobile app

...Remember, those who think Global Warming is Fake, also think that Adam & Eve were Real...

This should be a good week. The Suits finally get to open and now the race to 100% open begins and for us that could be Tuesday or more Likely Wednesday or Thirsty.
    I'm cool with this, as long as you Kirkwood Bro Brah's stay away from Heavenly when 88 closes- TahoeBc

No one is going to be 100% open by Wednesday. Depending on snowfall and staffing, it might not happen until Christmas week. And that is if we get the big forecast. Not sure why you mention what the Suits now get to do. This is actually the ideal way to start a ski season in Tahoe. Wait until we get a dump and not rely on manmade WRODs.

How many resorts were open last week?
    The Suits can be breathing a little and Xmas is here Da'Kids have 1 more week of school before break. The race to 100% is on.

I wasn't at Heavenly, but I can tell you about Kirkwood which was surprisingly fun yesterday. I decided to catch the last hour or so to avoid the long line I was seeing on the webcam so I started at 2:45 (which means rock star parking too). That first wait was about 7 minutes, second about 1 and after that it was just ski right on.

The website was saying just one run, but all the accessible terrain off 5 was open. Even though conditions were obviously thin, I never hit any rocks. The worst part was the top and bottom of lower Monte Wolf. It looks a lot worse in the photo than it was. There was a nicely covered area to skiers right which was no problem.

6 would have been skiable but that big gully at the bottom isn't really filled in yet. I've seen this in years past -- they seem to really want to fill that in and get a good solid base up top where people ruthlessly scrape the snow off before they open it.

Name:	AB596161-F461-4CBD-B8FD-29029779FD4A.jpg 
Views:	128 
Size:	389.5 KB 
ID:	396326

Name:	301A7050-17D9-4D22-841B-3437E21C9DAF.jpg 
Views:	138 
Size:	185.1 KB 
ID:	396327

Name:	09FC0CB0-5B33-42B7-B0CA-0DE7585E4064.jpg 
Views:	131 
Size:	381.3 KB 
ID:	396328
    Last edited by skysos; 12-12-2021 at 11:10 AM. Reason: fix spelling
    "Holy Cow!" someone exclaimed from the back of the stationwagon.

^^^Basically they have to fill the hole the bottom of upper zacs so they can run a groomer over it. I've skied off the top in thin years, but never without that run recently groomed. There are other currently routes off the top that go, if a bit tight in transition spots.

Early thin cover days at KW are the best. Lower Montes can be a blast. There is a little "chute" near the bottom where Montes crosses back toward Race Course (Bandit), but it is only a chute when base depths are less than 14". After that it just gets too filled in.

Game On. Thank god those Suits allowed the snow weather to turn back on so they can make cash over the holidays.

We've gotten about 2" so far in Kings Beach and now it's stopped. Renters upstairs decided to book it while they could since they have a dentist appointment on Tuesday.
    Even sometimes when I'm snowboarding I'm like "Hey I'm snowboarding! Because I suck dick, I'm snowboarding!" --Dan Savage

Quote Originally Posted by Powcruzer View Post
    Any maggots gonna post some Heave opening stoke from maggies?
    Friend posted this yesterday, I’m sure Maggie’s was worth the wait!

I opted for one more ride with Dorkland as a backdrop

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh, it's officially on.
    Northwoods was gridlocked back up to Coyote Moon at 1:30 this afternoon (like an idiot, I decided I needed some beer from New Moon).
    89 was gridlocked to the Mousehole (I had to do some illegal and creative 4x4 to get into the Deerfield Plaza).
    Overheard a touron at Savemart say that 80 W was shut and would remain so for at least 6 hours (which explains the gridlock).
    Game on (and only to get worse)!
    "Man, we killin' elephants in the back yard..."

https://www.blizzard-tecnica.com/us/en

We made our last trip of the year over to that side of town this morning. Maybe I'll make an exception for Sergio's but only if there's no dumbfuckery going on.
    Fuck those fucking motherfuckers!

http://www.unofficialalpine.com

Sugar Bowl announced that due to staffing shortages they are reducing operations over the xmas holiday.
    Judah & Village Rentals will be closed for the holiday period. Sugar Bowl will not offer equipment rentals and encourage you to rent at a shop in your local community.
    The Dining room will be closed for the holiday season.
    The Belt Room will offer food service from 11:00am – 5:00pm, with an expanded menu featuring some of your Dining Room favorites.
    Judah Café breakfast will only offer cold grab ‘n go. Nob Hill Café will provide hot breakfast daily.
    The Gondola will be open daily during the holiday period, Friday, December 17 – Sunday, January 2, 7:00am – midnight.
    Village Espresso will be closed for the holiday period.
    Summit Chair is closed for the holiday season.

Kudos to them for reducing base operations to keep lifts running. Be nice to the lift ops--chances some of them didn't think they would be bumping chairs.

Still not quite snow in Kings Beach
    Even sometimes when I'm snowboarding I'm like "Hey I'm snowboarding! Because I suck dick, I'm snowboarding!" --Dan Savage

Quote Originally Posted by dookeyXXX View Post
    Oh, it's officially on.
    Apparently so...

Name:	12-12-21 Tahoe Avalanche Warning.jpg 
Views:	160 
Size:	238.3 KB 
ID:	396428

Quote Originally Posted by dookeyXXX View Post
    Overheard a touron at Savemart say that 80 W was shut and would remain so for at least 6 hours (which explains the gridlock).
    Game on (and only to get worse)!
    50 West from Meyers to Kyburz not looking good in Google maps with traffic toggled on, but 80 West - whoa! Definitely a horrible night to be driving back to Sac or the Bay Area.

Quote Originally Posted by fomofo View Post
    Apparently so...

Name:	12-12-21 Tahoe Avalanche Warning.jpg 
Views:	160 
Size:	238.3 KB 
ID:	396428
    Yeah. Reports of instability from Lincoln Ridge already not sounding good. As expected, last Thursday's inches and cold weather are now a facet layer under the new load.

We had a moderate wintry mix for most of the day here at the Keys, with no real accumulation, but now its puking fat flakes and piling up. Vibes to the road warriors trying to get out of here.